DM-Silo [v1.2 (final)][Pics][Download][PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It seems odd that your v1.1 PS3 cook works under PC patch 1.2 but not under 1.3, sounds like there maybe a incompatibility bug or something Any news by the way?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v1.1 recook was cooked from the same file as v1.1, just under PC patch 1.3 instead of 1.2.

Must be patch 1.3, at the weekend I'm going to try reinstalling UT3 and patching up to 1.2, then cooking 1.1 and 1.3 again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried v1.1 recook and it crashed my PS3 big time. I could no longer load UT3 unless the user content is disabled. Removed v1.1 recook and my system is stable again. I'll give v1.1 a go and see what happens.

Just loaded v1.1 and that works fine :O)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Vectorspace, I've only just returned back fom working away, so I as yet haven't had the chance to try out v1.1 - however Crynyd has told me the v1.1 works ok on his PS3. I see you have now posted a v1.1 recook, so I'll give that a go in a bit along with v1.3b1.
    Thanks for all you effort in sorting this out :O)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've uploaded v1.3b1 and v1.1 to Filefront (same link as the others), can you guys see if those work?

I've had a report that 1.1 works fine still, so if it does for you too I'm going to go back to 1.1 and re-apply all the changes since then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=phatboye;25633481]I have to say that so far I agree with Crynyd that there are issues with this version. I'm as yet unable to get this to load without it locking up my PS3 and having to do a restart.

Ok, so that made no difference! Still crashes the PS3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Silo v1.3 locking up

Originally posted by Crynyd View Post
    Sorry to say this, but the PS3 version doesn't work it just locks up the system when you try to install it.
    I have to say that so far I agree with Crynyd that there are issues with this version. I'm as yet unable to get this to load without it locking up my PS3 and having to do a restart.

Looks like an amazing map though and would love to get this working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the one that worked for me was 1.3b2 ,sorry for the confusion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
    i just wanted to pop in and say this version works good on the ps3, thx for the cook
    Please test 1.3b2 as well, and report in this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=629972
    Also, please confirm which game patch version you are using.

Crynyd - I've had another report that 1.3b2 is working - please have a look at the same thread I directed UT3Fan2008 to.

Thank you both for your feedback - as I don't have a PS3 I'm reliant on community testers such as yourselves, so I want you to know I appreciate the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
    i just wanted to pop in and say this version works good on the ps3, thx for the cook
    Not sure that it does UT3fan2008, check out the beta thread for this map. Try restarting UT3 and see if it works then, it doesn't on my PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
    New test PS3 version for download - 1.3b1. http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace

Please test it, see if this one works. If it does I'll re-upload it with the v1.3 readme, as well as a v1.3 PC version.

If 1.3b1 still does not work, please report the issue in the Beta thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614523

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map just got better. Now that I am playing the maps at max settings, I can really appreciate the work put into this map. While the layout is not your typical "twisting/turning DM" style, it does a very good job making sure you have fun playing the map while setting you in a cool location. There are many different areas that offer a different playing experience.

For some reason, the 2 lift towers (picture 1) are some of the coolest looking things I have seen in this game. I guess it's the way the blue and brownish light blend into each other, simple, but awesome at the same time.

On a game play note, I was on the ledge with the sniper rifles/shield belt and noticed a bot going up on the lift. I continued to watch him go up (to see where the lift went). He came back down, got off and just as I was about to shoot at him, he fires the redeemer and kills us both. Bots are funny!

Edit: The one big mistake you made is keeping the file name the same as the original. Whenever you release a map to the public, it should not conflict with another map (especially one that you made). The file name should have been something like "DM-Silo1.2". It would help to have a slightly different name in the menu too.

For offline players such as myself, it's not really that big of a deal. But if you are playing of the internet and on a LAN (to a degree), it can cause problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For some reason I thought this was a fairly tight, small map, but it's HUGE! And very nicely done, really does the theme justice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, looks well set out, will dl in a few, wd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New test PS3 version for download - 1.3b1. http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace

Please test it, see if this one works. If it does I'll re-upload it with the v1.3 readme, as well as a v1.3 PC version.

If 1.3b1 still does not work, please report the issue in the Beta thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614523

Leave a comment:

Working...
X