Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Silo [v1.2 (final)][Pics][Download][PC][PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Silo [v1.2 (final)][Pics][Download][PC][PS3]

My first map... I started it eleven months ago! Reached version 1 at the end of June for submission in the 3DBuzz Old School contest, version 1.2 includes lots of improvements, tweaks and fixes and I consider to be final. Enjoy!

Name: DM-Silo
    Version: Final, v1.2

Compatibility: PC, PS3 (cooked under patch 1.3)

Description: An underground missile launch silo, built for wars long forgotten. The safety concerns about live-fire combat in the vicinity of an "inert" ion pulse warhead only encouraged Liandri to scout it as a possible future tournament venue.

PC Version Download: http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace
    PS3 version Download: http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace

Screenshots (click for higher res):

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2363581...7608198425738/

I entered this map in the 3dBuzz UT3 Old-School Contest. You can view my development thread here: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=167199

-----------------------
    Changelog:

version 1.2

As it turns out, all this time I've been playing with Vivid post-processing turned on - v1 and 1.1 were much brighter than I intended. Entire level has now been darkened to match what I originally saw.
    Fuel rooms brightened slightly.
    Burst bio-goo pipe deco added to lower fuel room.
    Tech room lifts improved so the player no longer ramdonly falls through them or causes them to reverse.
    Fixed a pathing bug in the tech room where bots would sometimes get stuck on the holo-globe platform.
    Possibly fixed a rare pathing bug where bots can get stuck passing through the doorways leading from the fuel room to the missile room.
    Moved the Invulnerability pickup out of the tunnel and closer to the surface of the water troth.
    Three more of the monitors in the tech room are now animated based on the statuses of pickups.
    The running lights on the redeemer ramp have been extended down the wall behind the lift.
    Missile room catwalks are now lit.
    Fixed a minor bug on the tech room lift button material.
    Fixed two collision bugs - meshes that weapons fire did not collide with.
    Randomised the top water tank exit spark interval.
    Randomised the flashing on sequence of the redeemer ramp lighting.
    Minor tweaks and improvements to the tech room lift and tower lift kismet.
    Missile spotlights brightened.
    Warhead room door forcefield emitters chavged from blue to green to match forcefield material.
    Warhead room robot arms now animated with a 122.5 second reversing sequence of them rotating around the warhead.
    Replaced the Ambient music tracd with the Suspense track from the Coret music arrangement.
    Added level-specific coloured stripes to the tunnels and symbols to each section to aid navigation.
    Made the lighting in the water tank below the water line more blue.
    Added a pair of jump boots to the lower missile catwalk.
    Added additional closed-off passageways to give the impression that the level is part of a larger complex:
    *Three more tunnels closed off with gates form existing intersections.
    *Four bricked-off tunnels from existing intersections.
    *A passageway from the tech room blocked by a forcefield, behind the UDamage.
    *Lift shaft adjacent to the water tank extended up and down, with a kill volume at the bottom.

Version 1.1

Meshes with changed pivot position re-tooled to not need it, to correct PS3 cook bug
    Several minor geometry tweaks
    Light meshes in entryway attached to wall

Version 1 - PS3

Version 1 cooked for PS3

Version 1

Replaced Link Gun pickup in water tank with Enforcer pickup
    Reduced health vials in water tank to 6
    Added Kismet so Enforcer pickup triggers a sound (Enforcer pickup method does not result in a sound)
    Further modified shield emitter particle system (used by tech room lifts) so that only one was needed per lift instead of two
    Modified material used by tower rail tracks to remove specular component (shine effect) - shine resulted in obvious seams when tiling
    Removed the top row of missile room wall panels on each side to make room for the crane framework
    Removed template/construction meshes/BSP from non-visible portions of map
    Added light source for holographic globe in Tech Room
    Added 2 playerstarts to the missile room walkways
    Modified pathing to fix 8 nodes marked as unnecessary on path build
    *Water Tank
    *Missile Room Walkways
    *Generator Room > Tech Room Corridor

Beta1

Improved water leak
    Multiple water splash particle emitters
    Second water surface showing water streaming away form where leak hits
    Rearranged/added pickups
    *Moved Keg into Water Tank
    *Moved Invulnerability into Water Troth beneath missile
    *Moved uDamage into Tech Room
    *Added 2x medium health to Tech Room
    *Added 10x health vials to Water Tank
    *Added Link Gun & ammo to Water Tank
    *Added Shock Rifle & ammo to Water Tank
    Altered kill volume in Fuel Room shaft so you fall for less time before dying

Alpha2

Light meshes in generator room given orange tinge
    Launch towers lit on the interior
    Spotlights on missile brightened
    Generator room BSP redone to remove odd texture seams
    Entryway walls tweaked to remove odd texture seam
    Edging meshes added to where entryway roof and tech room entry point floor meets missile room wall
    Added supports to the stairs in the water tank
    Added deco to more corridors
    Added jump pads to the tech room (bottom level top top level)
    Added water leak in tank viewing room
    Added trigger volume to top of tower lifts, to bring lift up when pawn approaches exit
    Added animated buttons to top of each tech room lift - when shot brings lift up
    Added blocking volumes to some corners of the missile room walkways to prevent player from falling through.
    Added sound effects to all lifts
    Added sound effect to spark on top tank door
    Added ambient sounds:
    *Water leak
    *Tech room forcefields
    *Generators
    *Generator room air processor
    *Fuel room - green tanks
    *Fuel room - machinery
    *Fuel room - large vertical pipes
    Added music

Alpha1

First release

Sorry to say this, but the PS3 version doesn't work it just locks up the system when you try to install it.

Comment

Well, ****.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

New test PS3 version for download - 1.3b1. http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace

Please test it, see if this one works. If it does I'll re-upload it with the v1.3 readme, as well as a v1.3 PC version.

If 1.3b1 still does not work, please report the issue in the Beta thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614523

Comment

Nice, looks well set out, will dl in a few, wd

Comment

For some reason I thought this was a fairly tight, small map, but it's HUGE! And very nicely done, really does the theme justice.

Comment

The map just got better. Now that I am playing the maps at max settings, I can really appreciate the work put into this map. While the layout is not your typical "twisting/turning DM" style, it does a very good job making sure you have fun playing the map while setting you in a cool location. There are many different areas that offer a different playing experience.

For some reason, the 2 lift towers (picture 1) are some of the coolest looking things I have seen in this game. I guess it's the way the blue and brownish light blend into each other, simple, but awesome at the same time.

On a game play note, I was on the ledge with the sniper rifles/shield belt and noticed a bot going up on the lift. I continued to watch him go up (to see where the lift went). He came back down, got off and just as I was about to shoot at him, he fires the redeemer and kills us both. Bots are funny!

Edit: The one big mistake you made is keeping the file name the same as the original. Whenever you release a map to the public, it should not conflict with another map (especially one that you made). The file name should have been something like "DM-Silo1.2". It would help to have a slightly different name in the menu too.

For offline players such as myself, it's not really that big of a deal. But if you are playing of the internet and on a LAN (to a degree), it can cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Vectorspace View Post
                New test PS3 version for download - 1.3b1. http://hosted.filefront.com/Vectorspace

Please test it, see if this one works. If it does I'll re-upload it with the v1.3 readme, as well as a v1.3 PC version.

If 1.3b1 still does not work, please report the issue in the Beta thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=614523
                i just wanted to pop in and say this version works good on the ps3, thx for the cook

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
                  i just wanted to pop in and say this version works good on the ps3, thx for the cook
                  Not sure that it does UT3fan2008, check out the beta thread for this map. Try restarting UT3 and see if it works then, it doesn't on my PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
                    Please test 1.3b2 as well, and report in this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=629972
                    Also, please confirm which game patch version you are using.

Crynyd - I've had another report that 1.3b2 is working - please have a look at the same thread I directed UT3Fan2008 to.

Thank you both for your feedback - as I don't have a PS3 I'm reliant on community testers such as yourselves, so I want you to know I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

the one that worked for me was 1.3b2 ,sorry for the confusion

Comment

Silo v1.3 locking up

Originally posted by Crynyd View Post
                        Sorry to say this, but the PS3 version doesn't work it just locks up the system when you try to install it.
                        I have to say that so far I agree with Crynyd that there are issues with this version. I'm as yet unable to get this to load without it locking up my PS3 and having to do a restart.

Looks like an amazing map though and would love to get this working

Comment

[QUOTE=phatboye;25633481]I have to say that so far I agree with Crynyd that there are issues with this version. I'm as yet unable to get this to load without it locking up my PS3 and having to do a restart.

Ok, so that made no difference! Still crashes the PS3

Comment

I've uploaded v1.3b1 and v1.1 to Filefront (same link as the others), can you guys see if those work?

I've had a report that 1.1 works fine still, so if it does for you too I'm going to go back to 1.1 and re-apply all the changes since then.

Comment

Hi Vectorspace, I've only just returned back fom working away, so I as yet haven't had the chance to try out v1.1 - however Crynyd has told me the v1.1 works ok on his PS3. I see you have now posted a v1.1 recook, so I'll give that a go in a bit along with v1.3b1.
                              Thanks for all you effort in sorting this out :O)

Comment

Working...
                              X