Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Like the castle map.

This map is built with great atmosphere, custom content and layout; but no sound or music whatsoever. Like the tower/castle view and skybox; as well as the waterfall, trims, vines, grasses, arches, weapon/item placement, fugitive z-axis play, and the bots are decent. Better not try to fall next time.

PS3 link for this map:
    http://www.ut3mod.com/2011/09/deathm...-windbook.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No preview shot, old medieval castle, greenish hue, good map and layout, very good bots, don’t fall, no music, lighting seems better and I like the waterfalls, towers, vines and castle as well as the teleporters.

http://www.map-factory.org/ut3/death...rc2-fixed-3017

http://www.gamefront.com/files/12748...ok_RC2__Fixed_

Just out of curiosity, why the f would you delete the hidden preview shot from the fixed version? The regular RC2 version had something called menuscreen under the Tex subdirectory within the editor. Now I guess I have to make my own.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did some changes to the map. Mainly updated a lot of materials and changed the lightning but I also did a new rebuild of it. So here's is a version that don't have the lightning needs to be rebuilt text

http://www.g0th.se/files/DM-Windbook-RC2-fixed.rar

I would like to hear what you all think about the changes but please comment on them in the beta thread found here:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613953

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is no way to get over there. I think that it's a cool idea environment like, but for dm gameplay it would totally break it. Maybe if I did a war version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update g0th. I know all about the busy part. I still haven't been able to put the polish on my map. I will gladly wait for this one. Just out of curiosity. Can one get to the other castle across the gorge? I played it quite a few times now and was always too busy with bots to look for a way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way with DM-Tomac. I guess it's better to have 2 maps being worked on at the same time. When you get sick of one, there is the other. Just make sure they are different enough.

I think a very wise mapper once said (can't remember who it was, CliffyB?)...

Someone from 3dbuzz said that before in a UT2004 tutorial back when i was learning =P I believe he refered to Cliffyb lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by g0th View Post
    Odedge: I agree with you, in the end doing the atmosphere turned out to be much harder and time consuming then I initially thought.
    Yeah, I felt the same way with DM-Tomac. I guess it's better to have 2 maps being worked on at the same time. When you get sick of one, there is the other. Just make sure they are different enough.

I think a very wise mapper once said (can't remember who it was, CliffyB?)...

A map is never really done, the mapper just gets sick of working on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    xfuture I'm sorry but there are no version without the lightning needs to be rebuilt message yet. There will however be a new version of the map eventually, I'm busy with other things all December but I got some great ideas to get started with when things slow down a bit.

Odedge: I agree with you, in the end doing the atmosphere turned out to be much harder and time consuming then I initially thought.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xfuture View Post
    Hey what gives. I have downloaded the map from every link provided and all of them still say lighting needs to be rebuilt. Is there a new link somewhere? This is a great map, I would love to see the finished version.
    Not that I know, I have the same version as you, which lead to my comment below.

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    The biggest thing the map needs (besides a full build)
    I said this because of the note about lighting. But also, the map could be noticeably better with some more atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey what gives. I have downloaded the map from every link provided and all of them still say lighting needs to be rebuilt. Is there a new link somewhere? This is a great map, I would love to see the finished version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LtClifff View Post
    Glad your still taking times to make this map perfect!
    While the map is very good, it's not close to being perfect (i.e. Epic quality). That being said, I really do enjoy the map. The setting is very refreshing and the layout works well.

The biggest thing the map needs (besides a full build) is "polish". It needs a bit more atmosphere. I also noticed that when you walk on the stone meshes, it makes the terrain footstep sounds. It would be nice to have the stone physics material applied to it.

goth, if your tired of working on it, take a break from the map. You have a unique map and it deserves to meet it's expectations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad your still taking times to make this map perfect!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Upps I totally forgot about page 2.

MamiyaOtaru: Thanks for the screens.

FragTastic: That's just the file name, ingame you will see that map as DM-Windbook and RC stand for Release Candidate, So new version will be RC3.

[TDC]Destroyer: Thanks.

xPloSiV: Looking forward to hear what you think of it.

Tolroth: Thanks, I will probably never get this map out of my hands

UTGangster: Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blitz: Thanks.

The Demon Slick: Of course i remember you. I be glad to do a PS3 version eventually. It's good to hear you are still playing the old versions

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi g0th! Remember me? Congrats on taking your map final, sorry to hear about the troubles you've had. When you get it Final final, I would like to politely express my interest in a ps3 version. The one I have now (Beta3?) is one of my favorites, and I want to play it online with others when possible. Thanks! Hope youre well!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X