No announcement yet.

DM-Windbook RC2 [PC] [CUSTOM] [MSUC2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would you have to do a SE on this when its called DM-Windbook_RC2? or did you actually name the mapfile DM-Windbook? If not why not make the next version DM-Windbook?
    Looks choice too

Comment

Wow!
      This one looks really impressive!

Comment

Looks cool, will dl soon

Comment

Looks really nice, you have come a long way from the first alpha version. :-)

Comment

great map, just has a few collsion hulls and the level lacks music

Comment

nice map .....very pleasant visually : )
              thx a lot for ur work and gl for new version(if u do one )

Comment

Hi g0th! Remember me? Congrats on taking your map final, sorry to hear about the troubles you've had. When you get it Final final, I would like to politely express my interest in a ps3 version. The one I have now (Beta3?) is one of my favorites, and I want to play it online with others when possible. Thanks! Hope youre well!

Comment

Blitz: Thanks.

The Demon Slick: Of course i remember you. I be glad to do a PS3 version eventually. It's good to hear you are still playing the old versions

Comment

Upps I totally forgot about page 2.

MamiyaOtaru: Thanks for the screens.

FragTastic: That's just the file name, ingame you will see that map as DM-Windbook and RC stand for Release Candidate, So new version will be RC3.

[TDC]Destroyer: Thanks.

xPloSiV: Looking forward to hear what you think of it.

Tolroth: Thanks, I will probably never get this map out of my hands

UTGangster: Thanks.

Comment

Glad your still taking times to make this map perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by LtClifff View Post
                        Glad your still taking times to make this map perfect!
                        While the map is very good, it's not close to being perfect (i.e. Epic quality). That being said, I really do enjoy the map. The setting is very refreshing and the layout works well.

The biggest thing the map needs (besides a full build) is "polish". It needs a bit more atmosphere. I also noticed that when you walk on the stone meshes, it makes the terrain footstep sounds. It would be nice to have the stone physics material applied to it.

goth, if your tired of working on it, take a break from the map. You have a unique map and it deserves to meet it's expectations.

Comment

Hey what gives. I have downloaded the map from every link provided and all of them still say lighting needs to be rebuilt. Is there a new link somewhere? This is a great map, I would love to see the finished version.

Comment

Originally posted by xfuture View Post
                            Hey what gives. I have downloaded the map from every link provided and all of them still say lighting needs to be rebuilt. Is there a new link somewhere? This is a great map, I would love to see the finished version.
                            Not that I know, I have the same version as you, which lead to my comment below.

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                            The biggest thing the map needs (besides a full build)
                            I said this because of the note about lighting. But also, the map could be noticeably better with some more atmosphere.

Comment

xfuture I'm sorry but there are no version without the lightning needs to be rebuilt message yet. There will however be a new version of the map eventually, I'm busy with other things all December but I got some great ideas to get started with when things slow down a bit.

Odedge: I agree with you, in the end doing the atmosphere turned out to be much harder and time consuming then I initially thought.

Comment

Originally posted by g0th View Post
                                Odedge: I agree with you, in the end doing the atmosphere turned out to be much harder and time consuming then I initially thought.
                                Yeah, I felt the same way with DM-Tomac. I guess it's better to have 2 maps being worked on at the same time. When you get sick of one, there is the other. Just make sure they are different enough.

I think a very wise mapper once said (can't remember who it was, CliffyB?)...

A map is never really done, the mapper just gets sick of working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X