DM-Phyos [Final][PC][PS3][Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh men this map looks fun.Im going for the download.

Going for the superhealth

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for comments
    Sorry if sometimes I'm a little slow in replying, but lately I've been really busy.

I will consider making a version without physic objects, although the layout was thought out to be played with dynamic objects scattered all around and isn't particularly good played without them. The non-dynamic version will probably have all the dynamic objects removed, instead of having them static.

About Blender, yes it's pretty easy to export the objects to UnrealEd, as Wael said all you have to do is some UV mapping (it's necessary on any object, otherwise UnrealEd will give you an error when you will try to import. You can just assign a texture to all the surfaces if you don't want to UV map though) and then it's ready. There is a built-in .ase exporter, although you can find also some other scripts with some googling.
    The only thing that will require some attention is scaling, as the default Blender cube that you see when you start up the program is 2uu - for this map I just modelled the caves with Blender units (starting from the default cube and then extruding the hell out of it) and then scaled it up by 128 before exporting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by wael View Post
    Yeah it is, you just set up the different materials in blender then export them as .ase.
    But as far as i remember, you can't export them as .ase from blender, can you?
    i stopped using it because i couldn't get the meshes to the editor...

Also, can you add a download mirror? because filefront fails almost everytime i try to download something...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I really liked the layout and how you added physics to the flooring. I think this would make some very fun and interesting online/LAN battles. But as you stated, the bots have a hard time later on in the match and being an offline player, this really hurts the re playability of this map.

Could you possibly create a NPE (non-physics edition)?

In addition, seeing that you can make those caves in Blender gets me interested in looking at the program again. I sort of tried it once, but didn't stick with it. With out getting sidetracked for the thread, is it relatively easy to get content into the editor?
    Yeah it is, you just set up the different materials in blender then export them as .ase.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really liked the layout and how you added physics to the flooring. I think this would make some very fun and interesting online/LAN battles. But as you stated, the bots have a hard time later on in the match and being an offline player, this really hurts the re playability of this map.

Could you possibly create a NPE (non-physics edition)?

In addition, seeing that you can make those caves in Blender gets me interested in looking at the program again. I sort of tried it once, but didn't stick with it. With out getting sidetracked for the thread, is it relatively easy to get content into the editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got it! Thanks for the PS3 cook! Good luck in the contest!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the ps3 version works good on my ps3. far as i could tell, there was no major slowdown in framerate. good job

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for comments, glad that you found it fun

Could someone that played the PS 3 version tell me if there's any major slowdown in framerate? I tried to set up the physic objects in such a way that they would not cause any major lag, but I do not own a PS 3 so I can't check how it works on the console

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cool, thx for making a ps3 cook. i will check it out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another great map to add to my collection. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to cook for PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very fun map to play! Good job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
    looks good, whens the ps3 cook coming?
    I think that it's coming more or less... now:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Phyos+.../fileinfo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks good, whens the ps3 cook coming?