XS Harpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This thing is great for vCTF maps, or orb running. I did this with my brother playing a botmatch on vCTF Containment (the one with the darkwalker in the middle).

I took the harpy, which I had replace the raptor, picked up my bro, brought him to the enemy base, dropped him on the flag, picked him back up once he had it, and brought him back to our base

Would work even better on more open maps (containment has a rather restricted path through the air).

I have found that a lot of times though, I can pick someone up (an enemy) without moving, or moving just slightly, but it's enough to throw the beam off so that they just fly passed me instead of flying into the hammers (which is really just an excuse to toss them). Not really an issue, but kinda annoying at times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You don't have to drag them up to you, you can just slam the enemy around letting impact damage finish them off. Or you can throw them way off their intended path or just lob them into map hazards like lava/space/etc
    Hell, I found it more fun to lob bots into the outer reaches of the map and let them gib of falling damage or killzones. I even would intentionally slam them into the ground

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im not really sure about this 1, I tried it and was like WTF?!? It looks really well made and quite unique but I think the tractor beam would be a better concept for a gun. I found the only real way to do any damage was to just keep pulling the target till it smashes off me, but I also take damage. If I had to rate it I would give it a 6/10. The other projects look quite promising, especially that Epsilon thing (please keep its awesome teeth, I would download it just for those =D).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We tried, but there were some issues and since I don't have a PS3 I cannot properly debug those issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There wouldn't happen to be a PS3 version would there? This vehicle is **** good looking, but I don't have a good enough graphics card to run UT3. Or perhaps a way to convert files to PS3 format? (I don't know, I'm brand new to modding).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish I had a PS3 so I could figure out the cause of the crashes... but maybe the next update won't have that same problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cooked this for the PS3 myself and tested it. The Harpy looks beautiful on the PS3, but it just crashes the PS3 so often, it is unplayable. It maybe a memory thing which was/is a problem for some other things on the PS3. It is too bad, maybe you could give it to epic to get on the PS3? (I have the latest update and the titan pack)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unfortunately, I don't have a PC that can run the necessary software. I can only ask my friend to try - but I think that he would rather wait until you release an update. We're not in any rush.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works, but Epic broke some parts of the HUD in the 2.0 update. We'll release an update "soon". In the meantime, feel free to try and cook it. If you need the code, let me know. If you have to make any changes to the code whatsoever, consult me first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    Someone gave that a shot once but he ran into some problems. I wouldn't mind if anyone else gave it a shot. Best to try Harpy beta 1.2, then, which will "soon" be promoted to full release.

I don't have a PS3 and I don't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get the thing working. If you want to give it a shot, let me know. Do not make any changes to our work and then release it without consulting me first.
    Is the Harpy fully compatible with patch 2.00 on the PC? If yes, I will ask a friend to try & cook it for the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Read about our plans for the "transformable orb" here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks, if you someday need a ps3 beta tester please call me, by the way, i've seen your other works (XS Veicules), and all of them loke really awsome, but the transformable orb one was very cool, but, beyond being one good loking veicule, what are is functionalitys ( im not english, sorry for the mistakes)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone gave that a shot once but he ran into some problems. I wouldn't mind if anyone else gave it a shot. Best to try Harpy beta 1.2, then, which will "soon" be promoted to full release.

I don't have a PS3 and I don't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get the thing working. If you want to give it a shot, let me know. Do not make any changes to our work and then release it without consulting me first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    could you please do a ps3 version of it, hi now that is kinda hard but still i would be thankfull

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My only problem. You can't decide what vehicle you want it to replace. Will that stop me from playing it though? No. Hell no. I CAN'T STOP PILOTING IT! Even when my team needs a good tank driver or a node runner I go "Okay I need to... F*** IT WHERE'S MY F&!?ING HARPY!? GIMMIE GIMME GIMME I NEED!" You need to make other vehicles so I can get back on the ground again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X