XS Harpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    I suggest you don't get creative and instead do exactly what the readme tells you to do; "Copy the UTGame folder into your Unreal Tournament 3 folder".

Don't stop proofreading your posts, either.
    Creative? Hardly.

I did look at the ReadMe, but it doesn't make much sense. Do you want the Harpy10 (as it's called) folder in the Unreal Tournament 3 folder? Or in UT Game folder? Or in Published? Or Cooked PC? I've tried all of these and the first 3 don't show up in the mutator list.

And when it does, as I said the level never loads. It's stuck on the loading screen forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
      I did look at the ReadMe, but it doesn't make much sense. Do you want the Harpy10 (as it's called) folder in the Unreal Tournament 3 folder? Or in UT Game folder? Or in Published? Or Cooked PC? I've tried all of these and the first 3 don't show up in the mutator list.
      The readme doesn't say "Copy the Harpy10 folder to your Unreal Tournament folder". It clearly says "Copy the UTGame folder into your Unreal Tournament folder". You'll notice that there already is a UTGame folder in your Unreal Tournament folder, so when you overwrite it with the one from the archive, everything will be in the place it's supposed to be. Why you couldn't make any sense out of that is beyond me, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
        I've tried all of these
        I can but repeat my earlier instructions: don't get creative and just copy the UTGame folder into your Unreal Tournament 3 folder. How does that not make much sense?

Comment

best vehicle ever, Any plans on a much larger scale drop ship version of this?

Comment

There are no such plans, but if you have a particularly good idea, do tell me all about it in the XS Vehicles thread where I gather ideas.

Comment

My only problem. You can't decide what vehicle you want it to replace. Will that stop me from playing it though? No. Hell no. I CAN'T STOP PILOTING IT! Even when my team needs a good tank driver or a node runner I go "Okay I need to... F*** IT WHERE'S MY F&!?ING HARPY!? GIMMIE GIMME GIMME I NEED!" You need to make other vehicles so I can get back on the ground again.

Comment

could you please do a ps3 version of it, hi now that is kinda hard but still i would be thankfull

Comment

Someone gave that a shot once but he ran into some problems. I wouldn't mind if anyone else gave it a shot. Best to try Harpy beta 1.2, then, which will "soon" be promoted to full release.

I don't have a PS3 and I don't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get the thing working. If you want to give it a shot, let me know. Do not make any changes to our work and then release it without consulting me first.

Comment

thanks, if you someday need a ps3 beta tester please call me, by the way, i've seen your other works (XS Veicules), and all of them loke really awsome, but the transformable orb one was very cool, but, beyond being one good loking veicule, what are is functionalitys ( im not english, sorry for the mistakes)

Comment

Read about our plans for the "transformable orb" here.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                        Someone gave that a shot once but he ran into some problems. I wouldn't mind if anyone else gave it a shot. Best to try Harpy beta 1.2, then, which will "soon" be promoted to full release.

I don't have a PS3 and I don't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get the thing working. If you want to give it a shot, let me know. Do not make any changes to our work and then release it without consulting me first.
                        Is the Harpy fully compatible with patch 2.00 on the PC? If yes, I will ask a friend to try & cook it for the PS3.

Comment

It works, but Epic broke some parts of the HUD in the 2.0 update. We'll release an update "soon". In the meantime, feel free to try and cook it. If you need the code, let me know. If you have to make any changes to the code whatsoever, consult me first.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a PC that can run the necessary software. I can only ask my friend to try - but I think that he would rather wait until you release an update. We're not in any rush.

Comment

I cooked this for the PS3 myself and tested it. The Harpy looks beautiful on the PS3, but it just crashes the PS3 so often, it is unplayable. It maybe a memory thing which was/is a problem for some other things on the PS3. It is too bad, maybe you could give it to epic to get on the PS3? (I have the latest update and the titan pack)

Comment

I wish I had a PS3 so I could figure out the cause of the crashes... but maybe the next update won't have that same problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X