4. Description: The Grass is always greener on the Blue side
    There are NO plans for a PS3 version at this time
    5. Features:* Bot Support
    * 3 Detail Modes for Low, Medium, & High end systems
    * Running Trains based on Flag Events
    * 72 Custom Meshes & 42 Customized Materials

6. Screenshots:

7. Additional Credits:
    * Hourences - for the all the Tutorials - http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm
    * DGUnreal - for making the skydome Texture & Mesh available - http://www.lilchips.com/dgunreal/ut3-skies.asp
    * Epic Games & the Forum Community - http://utforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

8. Homepage:http://www.myspace.com/smokeringhalo

9. Download:

Fileplanet

10. CHANGE LOG from BETA 1
    * Corrected Collision issue near flag base
    * Deleted 9 Player Starts
    * Added 6 additional vehicles
    - (3 per side - Hellbenders @ main base, Scorpions @ garages, & Mantas @ power plants)
    * Deleted Kismet sequence for train damage
    * Attached dynamic physic volumes to trains to inflict damage instead of being Kismet touch based.
    * Added Shock Rifle weapon pickup + ammo to each main base
    * Removed 4 Bio Rifle ammo pickups
    * Moved several static meshes.
    * Added Forced Direction Volumes to ramps from main base to power plant (hoverboards excluded)
    * Added 6 player starts per garage
    * Added 1 weapon locker per garage
    * Slightly altered terrain
    * Altered pathing
    * Altered lighting channels for select static meshes
    * Altered blocking volumes above rocks @ base entrance
    * Adjusted Spec brightness on terrain track decal materials
    * Misc decorative meshes added
    * Added Avril pickup to Gas stations
    * Removed Redeemer from center bridge
    * Replaced Invisibility pickups with Redeemers
    * Removed Jumppads from under Center Bridge
    * Changed Meteor material
    * Added Sounding Horn for emerging trains
    * Added bell sounds & flashing lights to train crossings
    * Added new passing train sound
    * Adjusted Foliage volumes
    * Complete Lighting Overhaul

11. Donations Granted I cannot legally charge for this map, but I'm not above accepting donations.
    If you like the map, or just want to motivate me somehow, tossing me a buck or two would be very much appreciated.
    http://smokeringhalo.chipin.com/vctf-wastelands

Oh boy competition for the MSU

Comment

great map thx

Comment

wow! lookn real nice!

Comment

Real VCTF!
          Thanks!

Comment

Hey, we're working on putting together a VCTF map party containing all the submissions for Phase 2 of the MSUC. We have the version you've uploaded for the contest. If there is a newer version available, please let me know, as we'd rather include the most up-to-date versions of maps. If you need any time, or help testing, or whatever, let me know that too!

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
              Hey, we're working on putting together a VCTF map party containing all the submissions for Phase 2 of the MSUC. We have the version you've uploaded for the contest. If there is a newer version available, please let me know, as we'd rather include the most up-to-date versions of maps. If you need any time, or help testing, or whatever, let me know that too!
              I would appreciate it in the future if you would post here or otherwise contact me somehow when you find bugs in my maps so that I can fix or address the issues instead of posting about it in an unrelated server forum asking them to remove my map from their servers. Instead of letting me know, I had to find out by stumbling across your pleas for removing my map by pure chance.

Comment

Sorry about that. We had just gotten done with a match and I was frustrated. I forgot all about the release thread over here. In the future I'll be sure to come here first. Very sorry.

Comment

I might as well address a few of the issues here then. I don't know if you plan on addressing them or not, but at least I'll have officially put them out there:

1) frame rate issues. I have a C2D E8400, 4Gb of RAM, and a 8800GTS 512. I play UT3 at the highest settings possible, and there isn't a single stock map that dips beneath 30fps at any point, regardless of on-screen action. I can't recall a custom map doing it either, but I don't remember them all, so I can't say that for sure. My point being, the red base on Wastelands drops my frame rate to about 6fps. The blue base seems a little better (15 or so if I remember correctly) and the middle section by the train runs at a solid 60ish.

I'm not sure what's doing it... it might be the emitters from the smoke stacks? I could do some more digging if you want me to (I don't want to bother if you're not interested or whatever)...

2) Breaking out of the map. I was able to do it too, following Empty_Soul. I'm going to have to look a the map again to find it, but it was NOT hard. I'm no trick jumper, I still can't do that stupid manta spin jump glitch thing, I suck at all that stuff, and I was able to get out. I know this reply is useless without pics, but I'm at work at the moment. So let me know if you want me to grab some screen shots.

No hard feelings or whatever on this side. I'm trying to make good here.

Comment

THANK YOU for making a big crazy UT2004-size map! Like the other guy said, finally some real VCTF. I have not tested it extensively, but ran around in it on an Instant Action match and was impressed with the bots' use of the Paladin- they came across the bridge with the shield up and blocked my shots, coming and going. I also like the focus on artillery vehicles instead of the Mantas and Scorpions which every other map is loaded with.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_GuitarSlim View Post
                      THANK YOU for making a big crazy UT2004-size map! Like the other guy said, finally some real VCTF. I have not tested it extensively, but ran around in it on an Instant Action match and was impressed with the bots' use of the Paladin- they came across the bridge with the shield up and blocked my shots, coming and going. I also like the focus on artillery vehicles instead of the Mantas and Scorpions which every other map is loaded with.
                      My pleasure. I'll have more coming down the pipe but for now I'm one of those unfortunate saps that are trying to get GTAIV PC to run worth a ****.
                      Thx again, I appreciate your appreciation, lol.

Comment

This takes me back to the Clone Wars for UT04 Great Work!

Comment

GASP!!! Fallout 3 has joined the tournament!!!

Comment

Sorry to be late to the party, but I've only just lately started checking out custom maps.

The layout and atmosphere of this map is just great stuff. I'm loving it. Great work.

To be honest, and I hope this sorta OT riff doesn't offend you, but this is a map that makes me very sad. You see, when I fired this up and ran around, I realized how perfect it could have been for a certain mod, which we never got to make for UT3. What with the size, and the layout, a map like this would be perfect for a combo of carrying flags in vehicles and for 'return-your-flag' rules. It's just such a war to get a flag half-way across a map like this, only to have it returned all the way back with a mere touch.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you how your map made me feel. If we'd still had a mod kicking, I'd been after you with candy and roses trying to get you to map for us. I realize couple folks have said there's an issue here or there, but meh.. those things can be fixed.

Sorry for all that. Just wishing I had 20 friends, a bigger server, and a modified VCTF, cause this map is ******* and beer. Surpasses the (current) game type itself. Good luck on future stuff, music, mapping, whatever.

Comment

In my humble opinion this is the BEST vctf map I've seen so far. Kudos.

Playing off-line noticed setting the bots to skilled or higher really let's them move without getting into too much trouble at lower levels they still get stock around the hazardous wastes (usual to most maps I should say).

One great thing is this is one of the few maps you can use the SPMA effectively. I'm comparing with how it's handicapped in suspense for example.

BTW the filefront download link seems to be down at the moment. Fileplanet working fine.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X