Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Here it comes, the UT2D itch is back hehehehe

Ok, heres what ive found, it involves coret and i think that you're unaware of it,

You know how there are small little lights that stick out on the walls that affect you, well if you manage to jump on them and feign death you die, easy solution, add blocking volumes so that you cant jump up and camp there and so that if you do faign you wont die.

i didnt really have much time to test it but ill try to get some more time into it.

PS. I know i have projects im workin gon, but if you find yourself busy, just ask and ill be more than happy to convert a few maps here and there for you.Even when im done Battle Creek i could do a conversion of that if you think it may help.

Chaosnight

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have access to my UT3 computer right now, but hopefully the Weapon Replacement problem is just you.

I'll spread out the pickups and tweak the visuals on the map a little next chance I get.

1. Yes, that's the main reason for the jump height.

2. I don't fully understand your question. You mean to say the camera doesn't shift up or down when you look in those directions? There's a reason for that. It gets insanely dizzy. This is why I implemented crouch-looking. When you're crouching, you can look further up or down. This is one ofthe cool new things in v2.

Looking outside the map is a tricky subject. If the camera collided with the wall, then when your wer elooking at a wall, you could see further behind youself, which doesn't make much sense. One thing I can do is make empty space closer to the plane the player plays on so while you're looking outside the world, you can still see inside it. You'll see what I'm talking about when I implement it.

I'm going to put all these changes into an RC2 when I have the chance. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZeelessOne View Post
    Hey guys. This is a release canidate for UT2D 2.0 which I plan to enter in the MSUC. I'm cutting it close, I know, so I need feedback quickly. I just need to know if you guys can install it and if it works.

Please make sure all these things work:

UT2D gametypes appear in gametypes list
    Coret2D shows up in the maps list with a picture and player sizes
    UT2D Instagib shows up n the list of mutators
    UT2D weapons show up in the Weapon Replacement mutator
    The correct games and map load for the 4 gametypes
    Those 2 mutators work like they should

This is my first map, so once you're sure everything is working, I'd like some feedback on that.

You will see more of the world left or right depending on the direction you are looking. If you are crouching, you can extend your view up or down as well.
    I know it's past the deadline, so I am sure you submitted the mod already, but I decided to give you feedback anyways.

For your list of things to check, everything worked fine except the weapon replacement mutator. I can enable it, but I couldn't configure it. As soon as I tried, the game crashed. It would even crash if I was playing a stock game mode with a stock map.

As far as the map is concerned, it looks solid. The only thing I could suggest is to spread out some of the pick ups. You have some armor right next to a rocket launcher with 2 RL ammos. You need to spread the wealth a bit.

I think it's a good idea for you to convert stock maps to release with your mod. I don't think you are a map maker by profession, but it gives the player a map they are familiar with, but with a different perspective.

As for the mod itself, please refresh my understanding.

1. You increased the jump height (in both versions of the mod) to be significantly higher than the stock height because it will allow easier access to upper levels with out having to use ramps or jump pads.

2. I presume the camera is on a fix path way. I really like the changes you made in the previous version (1.2?) where you placed the player on the far edges of the screen when they are looking left or right. Is there anyway to limit how much they can look up or down?

The only thing that's a little odd about the mod is the ability to look out of the map. I am sure there are challenges to this so take this point with a grain of salt. It would be nice to limit this, if it's even reasonable.

I hope that crash with the weapons replacement mutator only happens on my computer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here are some from maps not in this download, but you can get the basic idea.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2d/images

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any screenshot?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Ut2d 2.0 rc1

Ut2d 2.0 rc1

Name: UT2D
    Version: 2.0-RC1
    Compatibility: PC 1.3 or PS3 1.2
    Download: Filefront

Hey guys. This is a release canidate for UT2D 2.0 which I plan to enter in the MSUC. I'm cutting it close, I know, so I need feedback quickly. I just need to know if you guys can install it and if it works.

Again, I don't have a PS3 to check out that version, but I think it should work. For the PS3, I've split it up into two mods, one for the Instagib mutator and one for everything else. You have to install them seperately. I never got it working as one package, so maybe it will as two.

Please make sure all these things work:

UT2D gametypes appear in gametypes list
    Coret2D shows up in the maps list with a picture and player sizes
    UT2D Instagib shows up n the list of mutators
    UT2D weapons show up in the Weapon Replacement mutator
    The correct games and map load for the 4 gametypes
    Those 2 mutators work like they should

This is my first map, so once you're sure everything is working, I'd like some feedback on that.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

UT2D for UT3 is a mod that turns Unreal Tournament into a 2D shooter. Suddenly, you can only see what's immediately in front of you, so everything is even more chaotic. Play offline against bots or online with anyone!

Gametypes: UT2D is played by selecting the proper gametype when creating a match. It comes with 4 gametypes:
    • UT2D Deathmatch
    • UT2D Team Deathmatch
    • UT2D Capture The Flag
    • UT2D Duel

The rules are identical to those from UT3.

Maps: Right now, I just have one map from the stock UT3 maps converted for a 2D layout, but I want to work towards converting them all. Right now, the one map is playable in all four gametypes, but as more maps are included, maps may be restricted by gametype.
    • UT2D-Coret2D

Bots: This mod is playable against bots. They're not perfect because they don't totally know they're in a 2D world, but they are still challenging and fun to play with. They're not very good at swimming yet.

Mutators: Most of the mutators that came with UT3 will work with UT2D except for Instagib. When you want to play an Instagib game, select UT2D Instagib instead. For the Weapon Replacement mutator, make sure you select the versions of weapons that begin with UT2D.

Mod mutators and weapons may not work right away. If you would like your mutator to work with UT2D, all I have to do is make a simple package with the right changes. Just let me know.

Weapons: Most of the stock weapons work except deployables, the Sniper Rifle, and the Redeemer. Here is a full list of weapons available in UT2D.
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Bio Rifle
    • Flak Cannon
    • Link Gun
    • Impact Hammer
    • Enforcer
    • Shock Rifle
    • Stinger Minigun
    • Longbow AVRiL (not very fun since there are no vehicles yet)
    • Translocator

If you have made your own weapon mod and would like it to work in UT2D, let me know. All I have to do is make an additional package.

Controls: The controls are basically whatever you have them set up for UT3, except for a few things. Left ('A' or left on an analog stick) moves you left through the world and right ('D' or right on an analog stick) moves you right. Up ('W' or up on an analog stick) and down ('S' or down on an analog stick) make you jump and crouch respectively.

Look around with a mouse or analog stick. Your crosshair is basically on a circle surrounding your character. Your aim is from your character to the crosshair.

You will see more of the world left or right depending on the direction you are looking. If you are crouching, you can extend your view up or down as well.
Working...
X