Clear All

ok downloading now will be back if this works or not

Comment

works perfect now on my ps3 Thanks DG

Comment

Originally posted by joel791e View Post
        ok downloading now will be back if this works or not
        Thanks.

I wrote the posts on PC and PS3 cooking, so I am well-versed on what I am doing with cooking. If this fails on a few PS3's, the likely cause is some issue with those specific consoles. PC or PS3's that have any custom content packages are good suspects for causing problems, ie. custom characters, custom external packages, basically any game modifications beyond just standard map files.

Comment

works perfect now on my ps3 Thanks DG
          hmmm...
          Ok. Do you want to work backwards through this with me to see exactly which item I removed that is causing the issue?
          The map does look so much better with all of the extra goodies in it like the better lighting, bink movie, cameras, etc.

I'm off to work for about four hours, but I can send you versions of the map that add each item back in until we find which one breaks it.

Comment

maybe its the binkvideo that cuse the ps3 error

Comment

put everything back but dont put the Binkvideo i think that wat cuse the ps3 error

Comment

maybe its the binkvideo that cuse the ps3 error
                It is a possiblity, although Bink is fully supported on the PS3. Some people are using Bink to get custom audio into their PS3 maps, and Bink is fully supported on the PS3 since that is what does all of the opening credit animations and cutscenes, but I'm using it for a full in-map video screen.

What is odd is that there were no PS3 issues all through beta-testing.
                I'll do a few test maps as soon as I'm back from work...

Comment

Ok DG. Dont Work To Hard Now See You In 4 To 5 Hours

Comment

Thanks, I never work too hard...

These test PS3 maps are the full high-quality map but with only one of the possible causes for the load problem removed.

This PS3 map version has no Preview.
                    This PS3 map version has no Bink Movie.

Please let me know if either work fine.
                    If neither works, then the problem is either the Flipbook, Cameras, or Announcers, and I will create map versions with each of those removed to test.

Comment

Thanks very much DGUnreal, both for another sweet looking map which im looking fwd to trying this afternoon and your recent tech assistance Cant wait to play this so thats it for the mo. Thanks again!

Comment

The original ps3 version locks up unreal, but works upon reboot, but then has to be deleted as it bugs/locks up unreal on installing other mods.

I have tested the new ps3 version without preview and installs / works perfectly fine.

There has been several maps / authors affected by this problem, and it is down to the unreal ps3 patch released by epic a few weeks ago.

The problem has been investigated by several forum members and has been heavily suspected being down to the preview pic of the map / ps3 patch.

I believe there is a "work around" to this problem to include the map preview pic

Comment

ok downloading now

Comment

ok the one that has no bink video works perfect on my ps3

Comment

ok the one that has no preview works perfect on my ps3 too well both maps works on my ps3 duno why the maps works know

Comment

Thanks for testing.

I had suspected the Preview pic as the bug, since this has caused issues with some of the PS3 users.
                                It is an irritating bug in that it works for some but not others and that whether a map gets hit with the bug seems almost random.

I'll put the non-Preview version online as the standard download, just to get around the bug for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X