• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Apex [Pics] [PC] [PS3] [Final]

Name: VCTF-Apex
    Version: Final V1
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3
    Description: When the Liandri Research & Development department required an arena to test their translocation/teleport technology, they designed and built 'Apex'. After purchasing the technology, and to show their appreciation, the Necris donated an array of vehicles, which have been used frequently ever since.
    Comments: With 14 working days to the MSUC phase 2, I decided to try and make a map from scratch before the deadline, this is the result. A small to medium sized VCTF map, with fast action, lots of teleporters, plenty of fun things and some sneaky bits too.
    Credits: Me. To those who helped with the Alpha and Beta testing, especially ThePop!, Fijut, Morphlex, N0stradamus, MexicanSeafood, Thigor, Kiyoka, Filthio, (and others who are too numerous to mention). Epic for the lovely stuff. Thanks guys : )
    Homepage: http://www.plugh.co.uk
    Download: PC (MediaFire) : PC (Fileplanet)

Screenshots:

Enjoy : )

looks nice!
    downloading now

Comment

Your vCTF maps are always among the best, can't wait to try it out

Comment

Excellent map, and GJ.
        And You, the best VCTF map maker.
        Thank You!

Comment

Pretty good map overall, but the starting rooms felt a bit unfinished.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments guys, and Bret, I hear ya, If I had a couple of more weeks to finish it off, I would've. This essentially was an experiment for me to see if I could get a respectable map out in two weeks, to test my ability to work under the pressure of a deadline. Overall, I'm quite happy with the result, the map plays fast and provides some good opportunities for fun, and that's what I wanted. : )

Comment

i played the map, and i gotta say, i love it!
              the only thing which bothered me the whole time, was that bots often stood still before a transporter, shooting into them [but also through them], so they actually dont do sh*t...
              and it is possible to go through the little entrance port, so i dont really understand why they dont go through there... [maybe you can fix it for an v1.2?]

Comment

Yeah, it's a weird one, 95% of the time the bots go through the teleports, occasionally one will just sit there, biding his time. Eventually it will go through though. I have no idea why they do that...blame the coders!

Comment

Very playable map! Huge fun! Good for just a handful of players, rather than a lot (Just as well, as it seems only a handful of players are left playing UT anyway )
                  Well worth the download!

Dime bar in the post..

Pop!

Comment

As I've said many times already. Great job plugh! This is my favorite thus far. I'm looking forward to your next map.

Comment

Really fun gameplay on this map. It is a bit rough around the edges in places, but the layout makes up for it. Great work again.

Comment

Wow nishe!

Comment

Hey, we're working on putting together a VCTF map party containing all the submissions for Phase 2 of the MSUC. We have the version you've uploaded for the contest. If there is a newer version available, please let me know, as we'd rather include the most up-to-date versions of maps. If you need any time, or help testing, or whatever, let me know that too!

Comment

I have added a PS3 download, if someone with a PS3 can download and test this works, I would be very grateful.

Download PS3

Comment

Have updated the PS3 download, hopefully the map pic now works.

Comment

Working...
                              X