• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TaiSheng - PS3 download added

Name: TaiSheng
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: Latest patch
    Description: Asian-Colonial themed map - TDM
    Comments: Dregs created the darker textured pillars and curved wall meshes for me. Thanks - you da man!

This map's based on a level I originally started to develop for UT2K4, named DM-Raphael. It was tested publicly for a bit, but I ran out of ambition. Back then it began as a renaissance-themed map, dedicated to the famous painter, Raphael (1483 - 1520) - http://www.abcgallery.com/R/raphael/raphael.html. and it had a few of his painting hanging in the level.

Since then, over in UT3 world, I changed the map follow a more Asian-Colonial period, primarily because I think the meshes and textures in this set are really quite good. I believe TaiSheng is loosely translated from Japanese to mean "Great Life"

Hope you like it. This is my third publicly released map for UT3, other maps by me for UT3:

DM-Dante]I[
    DM-Gutter

Screenshot:

Credits:
    UCMP Team: Arcadia Vincennes, Axeman, barballs, BIOS, Dregs, evilmrfrank, G.Lecter, moonflyer, Sjosz, Slainchild, ZiO

Prior to release, I sent the map around for beta testing to BU, UP and UT3 forums. Big thanks to those sites for their continued support for Unreal series games. A lot a great feedback was provided during beta testing, so credit & thanks also to:

J3FFyB, BlackSharkfr, cooloola, cUnNiNg_StUnTs, Taffy, Blitz, woooo, 4TX4, vlad, Crayfish, zdradzony, HungFu, optic freeze, Setheren, juggalo kyle, phor

Homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/luvstudd/ (my lackluster history and nooby mappage here)
    Download: http://dodownload.filefront.com/1207...29f4bd46633e4a

PS3 download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+TaiShe.../fileinfo.html

Thanks for another wonderful TDM map

Comment

Yup, what Taffy said. This is a first-class map for DM/TDM ... such a great layout in so many ways. Very nice job LS.

Comment

Unfortunately, there's a bug in the version I sent up that needs fixing. I've temporarily removed the link to download in the main post until I get it updated. Sorry for any inconvenience.

UPDATE: Uploaded a new version, see above.

Bug was no blocking on the slanted rooftops near the shock rifle.

Comment

This map looks all right. Have to try it too. Wait a minute, there is no download link. I can read why, but I still want it. Guess I have to come back later. I have other things to do at the moment so no worry.

Comment

I had the chance to test it,i liked the map gj

Comment

No DL link here?!?!

Comment

sorry man. filefront was giving me a hard time this morning, not letting me upload the file, so I tried to use another filehosting site that obviously doesn't play nice...

I am trying filefront one more time right now and hope to update the link above very soon.

Comment

okay, fixed the download link, above. thanks for everyone's patience.

Comment

Bump for a great map.

3 winners in a row!

Comment

bump too great map tnx for the final

Comment

nice......

Comment

Old school layout, great visuals with decent flow and nice pickup and weapon placement! Great job Luv_Studd, this map has been added to my favs list, I'll be running through it for quite a while!

Comment

Just a great map!!!!!!!

Comment

Another nice map, well done bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X