Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Focus-SE (Second Edition) and DM-Focus-PE (Physics Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lots of stuff to focus on

OK, so I tried the SE version and I'm not even going to attempt the PE version because I have the physics turned off in the game and my rig is slightly more than a year old and I'm running XP.

The first spawn point where I started my usual flying around and checking out the map put me near an underwater cave entrance near the large waterfall and invisibility powerup. I looked up and saw a standard sky but a bright sun that was done very well and looks realistic. I also noticed the trees, falling leaves, and it's a hard fall to the boulders below. I liked the steam and water coming from the broken pipes and the decrepit base atmosphere as well as the electrified water and ambient sounds (running water, birds, etc.). The lighting is done well and I do like how the colors are slightly different from one area/level to the next and, as others have said, they blend well; great effects and artistic elements. The gameplay involves a crazy, tight maze with 3 levels and bots that actually aren't that bad. I'm a little confused as to why some people would label this map as having non-traditional gameplay style because I see good flow, good connectivity and some hardcore elements as Firefly said. The only thing non-traditional would be that some effects are a lot better than in some standard custom maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried it out for PS3 and I like it. I played it 3 or 4 times and each time I started to like the map a bit more. I like all the lighting changes from level to level, area to area, and I dig the overall look. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of is when everything goes all blue when the invisible shows up... for those 15 seconds or whatever the map and all the characters look like ****.... I would have preferred a simple alarm noise to tell you the invisible is there and nothing to tell you someone got it already... you should have to hoof it over there and see if it's still there just like in every other map... but this one little thing wasn't near enough for me to delete it from my PS3. For me, I save all maps/mods on the computer so when I try a new map, if I don't really like it, I delete it from the PS3 (I always have the copy on computer if I want to retry it later on) as I don't like having tons and tons of mods installed at once. It makes the game more unstable and it makes it hard to find your mutator when the mutator list is as long as my arm. So, although it is still early in my playtime with it.... so far this has become map keeper #12.... Considering I have close to 2 GB of maps alone (never mind all muts/characters, etc.), being in my top dozen is saying something...
    .... Good job brother.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Remembered to do this?
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=674369
    Might be the reason your files where missing.

Downloading to test the map now. Editing this message afterwords.

EDIT:

Tested it now, and I like it.
    Don`t know if I can come with any critisims at this point, only tryed it once, and I liked what I experienced.
    Will try this map many more times.

Good work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ``~Scre@m~`` View Post
    ....And PC + why u deleted my message ? is that so hard to leave it ?
    ehh i did not del any thing

here are new links, PE still needs to be upload
    ps3 link: http://www.filefront.com/14230453/DM-Focus-SE_PS3.rar

pc link: http://www.filefront.com/14230915/DM-Focus-SE.rar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ....And PC + why u deleted my message ? is that so hard to leave it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    None of your links in this thread or your sig work. Did you fix them? Can you post a working PS3 link please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    O damm all my filefront links are down... ahhh
    I will fix it in a sec

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unfortunately,that link is for PC... anyone know of a PS3 link?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This link work
    http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...-Focus-SE.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    People should really start using mediafire or some good upload service that way the file will actually be there for download when u click the link instead of 20 minutes and then the file is unavailable. Just get mediafire and the files will stay there.
    Would have liked to try your map... looks cool... but I followed thread after thread, version after version, link after link.... for essentially 20 different screenshots and a bucket-full of broken links.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey thanks for doing that review.
    and so fast to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Review's up

Excellent map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am busy with the Renegade-X maps that i am making.
    so a new DM map can take a while.
    for the 10 peaple that do play this game online XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed, non traditional gameplay style is not everybody's cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think most peaple just dont like how it plays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X