Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Focus-SE (Second Edition) and DM-Focus-PE (Physics Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coreper View Post
    you definitly succeeded this time
    thanks.
    lets hope the next map wil look/play even beter. (now making a map for renegade-X, islands.)

Comment

Nice map. Definitely worth the download.

Comment

Sorry for not even reacting on this one man...

This one is really great! (But you already knew my opinion)

Comment

I liked the original and I like the new SE version as well. You definately have the artistic eye as it shows in just looking at the map. While the layout is on the simple side (using the same essential shape for hallways), it works well. The only quirk about the map is that sometimes some of the artistic elements are too much "in your face", which can effect the game play. Overall, really nice map.

The PE edition, well what can I say, I will wait until I upgrade my computer soon to test it out. I can play the nVidia PhysX maps fairly well. But in your map, there might be too many physics objects being displayed at one time. Oddly enough, most maps that have a lot of physics objects lag even before you play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
            I liked the original and I like the new SE version as well. You definately have the artistic eye as it shows in just looking at the map. While the layout is on the simple side (using the same essential shape for hallways), it works well. The only quirk about the map is that sometimes some of the artistic elements are too much "in your face", which can effect the game play. Overall, really nice map.

The PE edition, well what can I say, I will wait until I upgrade my computer soon to test it out. I can play the nVidia PhysX maps fairly well. But in your map, there might be too many physics objects being displayed at one time. Oddly enough, most maps that have a lot of physics objects lag even before you play the game.
            thanks,
            what doe you mean with the in your face? the pp of the lamps?

Comment

Originally posted by ZixXer View Post
              thanks,
              what doe you mean with the in your face? the pp of the lamps?
              Probably, usually when I am playing the map I am "flying" around it trying not to die (which is a good thing). If you want, I could always post screen shots, but I am sure it's a PP volume.

I guess that since they are small you tend to go through them quickly which can be a shock to the player's eyes. Water PP are different as you tend to stay in the water for a few seconds or more.

When making maps, we always have to find balances and this is one of them. Depending on who you asks, having these effects can either add or distract to the game play, so you can never please everyone.

Comment

when you turn off the hardware PhysX in the config menu, you will find this map very good playable [Physhics still work]
                without much lagg

Comment

Probably, usually when I am playing the map I am "flying" around it trying not to die (which is a good thing). If you want, I could always post screen shots, but I am sure it's a PP volume.

I guess that since they are small you tend to go through them quickly which can be a shock to the player's eyes. Water PP are different as you tend to stay in the water for a few seconds or more.

When making maps, we always have to find balances and this is one of them. Depending on who you asks, having these effects can either add or distract to the game play, so you can never please everyone.
                  if you'r playing a normal game you dont stand still (only campers)
                  so you only see a small change. and i think most players did not even see that the waterfall and the small water comming out of the pipes got blue pp effects to.

but first the map was all about the right gameplay feel and after i had all that I was going for a realy intense ambient feel. and i think it turned out ok.

you can NEVER have all players like a map, i do know that... to bad for the players that do not like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZixXer View Post

The PE version is only for players that have a High!!! end system or a physics card. More then 1100 physics opjects.

OMG! Those exclamation marks really were warranted. I have a pretty good GPU but I guess my slightly older CPU just can't handle it.

Comment

try turning of the hardware physx: it still looks pretty nice without it [still gots physx]

Comment

dm-focus-se PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1371
                        dm-focus-se PS3 Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1372
                        dm-forus-pe 1.2 PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1373

Any objections if i add these maps to a future mappack?

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                          dm-focus-se PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1371
                          dm-focus-se PS3 Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1372
                          dm-forus-pe 1.2 PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1373

Any objections if i add these maps to a future mappack?
                          I have sent you a PM

Comment

Hi there, looks like a beautiful map, but lags on my 3.4GHz, 4870x2 8GB ram system!

Comment

Originally posted by mangaroo View Post
                              Hi there, looks like a beautiful map, but lags on my 3.4GHz, 4870x2 8GB ram system!
                              I hope that is the PE version of the map.
                              becaus i have a 2.66 and a 4870 and with the SE i dont get below 60 fps on max details

Comment

Yeah, it is the PE version that i tried. My <dumass's> fault, ill boot up the SE.

Edit: Works perfectly! Great map, sorry for the confusion ZixXer!

Comment

Working...
                                X