Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCTF-Kelahf

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    VCTF-Kelahf

    Name: VCTF-Kelahf
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: These caves were military run refugee camps during the Necris's attacks. Now that the war is over and peace has returned to earth this place has been converted to an arena.
    Review: 92% at UT unlimited http://utunlimited.wordpress.com/map...f-by-cooloola/
    Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/waelclla/VCTF-Kelahf1-1.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/waelclla/VCTF-Kelahf2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/waelclla/VCTF-Kelahf3.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/waelclla/VCTF-Kelahf4.jpg[/screenshot]
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Kela.../fileinfo.html
    http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...TF-Kelahf.html

    P.S. Kelahf is an anagram for El-Kahf which is arab for "the cave". Cool, huh?

    #2
    Where did this come from? Looks good

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
      Where did this come from?
      From the dark precipices of my ******. Anyway I've been working on this for about 2 weeks, so don't expect much.

      Comment


        #4
        Well that explains it, lulz. I'll check it out later.

        Comment


          #5
          I really like the coloured lights around your map. They break the greenish ambient colour and give your map an unique look.
          So you worked only 2 weeks on that? Can't believe that! 24/7?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
            I really like the coloured lights around your map. They break the greenish ambient colour and give your map an unique look.
            So you worked only 2 weeks on that? Can't believe that! 24/7?
            Actually the flag rooms were built a month ago originally intended for a CTF map, the rest was built in 2 weeks, actually one week and a half. About 2-3 hours a day. Yes I have a lot of free time.

            Comment


              #7
              what is the framerate like?

              Comment


                #8
                Well I gave it a 10 minute runthrough and here are my thoughts about it:

                -Visually pleasing to the eye. Good post processing, good frame rates.
                -Gameplay has some issues about it. I felt the flag bases were pretty cramped and it's really impossible to get to the flag and escape with it as well. Not alot of escape routes with the "S" shaped layout. There isn't any room for vehicles to swoop in and cover the person going in for the flag. So, that's about it. Otherwise, it's a pretty good map.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                  -Gameplay has some issues about it. I felt the flag bases were pretty cramped and it's really impossible to get to the flag and escape with it as well. Not alot of escape routes with the "S" shaped layout. There isn't any room for vehicles to swoop in and cover the person going in for the flag. So, that's about it. Otherwise, it's a pretty good map.
                  Yeah well that's what you get when you rush a map. Anyway I'm able to get the flag out even with 10 players, as you have probably noticed there are three health packs in each base and 4 health vials so that's 95 health, I recommend you try to pick them up when trying to escape. Also the upper route has two vests one on each side and there's a whole lot of health in the middle area. I know trying to compensate for a weak layout by adding health and armor is lame, but this was never meant to be a very serious map.
                  Also I forgot to say this is my first non-DM map released in my 5 years of mappage.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    a faster mirror for you

                    http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...TF-Kelahf.html

                    Filefront is currently very slow

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Terror_Force View Post
                      a faster mirror for you

                      http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...TF-Kelahf.html

                      Filefront is currently very slow
                      Thanks, but I'd rather you ask me before uploading my files to another mirror. I'll add the link to the first post.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by wael View Post
                        Yeah well that's what you get when you rush a map. Anyway I'm able to get the flag out even with 10 players, as you have probably noticed there are three health packs in each base and 4 health vials so that's 95 health, I recommend you try to pick them up when trying to escape. Also the upper route has two vests one on each side and there's a whole lot of health in the middle area. I know trying to compensate for a weak layout by adding health and armor is lame, but this was never meant to be a very serious map.
                        Also I forgot to say this is my first non-DM map released in my 5 years of mappage.
                        Well then you shouldn't rush a map, should you?
                        I've learned that lesson before. I realize there's lots of health but it doesnt help you when you're being chased by 3 guys with stingers or flak cannons. But still the map is a good effort.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                          Well then you shouldn't rush a map, should you?
                          I've learned that lesson before. I realize there's lots of health but it doesnt help you when you're being chased by 3 guys with stingers or flak cannons. But still the map is a good effort.
                          Don't worry my next maps won't be rushed

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Looks good....

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Looks good. Will take for a spin.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X