No announcement yet.

Gears of War Content for UT3 Editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have edited the first message. Here new archive http://files.filefront.com/GOW+World.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Originally posted by Repent_ View Post
      well UT3's files are cooked & called into the game by the system,

custom content has to be called by the map,
      so every custom level has to have its own content .upk
      AFAIK, no. Content can be embedded in the map (iirc Hourences in his tutorials or someone from Epic here wrote how to do this), or can be in a separate package with any name, except the already existing package name. If the map requires the resource in some other package, be it standard package or custom package, game will load that package. It was that way in all previous UE versions and I don't see why this would change now. F.e. my map easily used "PressureWater.upk" package, while map itself was named "DM-Pressure". So, nothing prevents you from using precooked assets. The only problem I see with this - you'll have to add the whole package to the map when you're distributing it, even if you use just one asset from that package.

UX.Loki, please, post this on BuF in Content Releases

Comment

_Lynx Hi friend !

Напиши пожалуйста по русски ,что ты хочеш ,что бы я создал тему наforums.beyondunreal.com ?

Comment

Да, скопируй просто текст первого поста туда.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
            Downloaded the World zip, it works, no errors. Thank you!
            ja, das packet lässt sich entpacken
            gute arbeit, danke @UX-Loki

yes, the packet can unpack
            Good work, thanks @UX-Loki

Comment

Yeah, this was what i needed :P

Will make a new war-lvl but had no idea how to make a nice building around my prime, but with all this stuff it must work :P, and it has the looks i want to have it :P

Comment

ok, so i downloaded the Content file twice now. BOTH times it's been corrupt, that's the .7z file.

850MB of stuff and it's all unusable :|

Comment

Have you used 7-zip to unpack 7z? or WinRAR? I used 7z for extracting 7z and it unpacked properly without any issues. Also it's better, ti unpack 7z somewhere, close WinRAR and only then unpack 7z.

Comment

So, nothing prevents you from using precooked assets. The only problem I see with this - you'll have to add the whole package to the map when you're distributing it, even if you use just one asset from that package.
                    So we should be seeing 100-200 MB maps soon?

Comment

So, the question that everyone is scared to ask...

What copyright issues can we expect if these meshes are used in an Unreal Tournament 3 level, and will the maps be eligible for the MSUC?

Comment

you never no since epic dont care so try it this stuff make me too open the editor and start mapping

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                          Have you used 7-zip to unpack 7z? or WinRAR? I used 7z for extracting 7z and it unpacked properly without any issues. Also it's better, ti unpack 7z somewhere, close WinRAR and only then unpack 7z.
                          Used both in multiple ways. it's the /7z file that's corrupt, some CRC **** or summat.

Comment

Oh wow now I can re-create goldrush

Comment

hi loki, i have a problem with the static meshes, almost everyone of the packages i load i get an error that says "the following resources were not found when loading the map. any references to them will be set to NULL."

then it says missing files and it has the names of them

all the meshes in the package have the checker texture

is there something else im suposed to do to load them correctly or did i miss a step in installing them????

Comment

Originally posted by theadvanced1 View Post
                                hi loki, i have a problem with the static meshes, almost everyone of the packages i load i get an error that says "the following resources were not found when loading the map. any references to them will be set to NULL."

then it says missing files and it has the names of them

all the meshes in the package have the checker texture

is there something else im suposed to do to load them correctly or did i miss a step in installing them????

did you put the GOW_Content folder in the main game directory(all the way into the CookedPC folder?)?

this is where i placed mine:

J:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\GOW_Content

Comment

Working...
                                X