No announcement yet.

Gears of War Content for UT3 Editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****! i can't download! what happend to filefront??

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
      Neither can I open the World 7z archive. The rest tested good thou.
      Use programs 7-zip and WinRAR

Comment

help me loki! i cant download!!

Comment

It's not that I don't know how to open 7z files in general. However, this seems to be the most unstable of all compression algorithms. I tried IZArc, didn't work on the World file. I tried the latest beta of 7-Zip, that didn't work either. I have successfully installed the large GoW_Contents archive, so that went well.

Comment

Originally posted by UX-Loki View Post
            Use programs 7-zip and WinRAR

Comment

Do not use a desktop for archive preservation, it can cause an error.

Originally posted by dosse View Post
              help me loki! i cant download!!
              All is well downloaded, I have checked up, try to use any "Download Manager"

It's not that I don't know how to open 7z files in general. However, this seems to be the most unstable of all compression algorithms. I tried IZArc, didn't work on the World file. I tried the latest beta of 7-Zip, that didn't work either. I have successfully installed the large GoW_Contents archive, so that went well.
              For compression "GOW_Worlds" the same method as well as for "GOW_Content" was used

Comment

Yes, exactly the same, but mine was of course in English. It says it can't be opened as an archive. This format seems troublesome, what if you put the 7z in a regular zip with some read-me file? That did work with the rest of the archives. I guess that 7z does something to the file structure that causes some transfer error correction system to go haywire.

I have seen errors like this a lot. Don't really know why, but people insist on using that format even thou it breaks very often.

Filefront have only had one download of the large archive, that seems odd. It can't only be me that downloaded them all.

Comment

Aha, what you're saying is that I should use a program like FlashGet to properly download the archive since Firefox 3 can't handle it? I'll try that right away.

Comment

Originally posted by UX-Loki View Post
                    Do not use a desktop for archive preservation, it can cause an error.
                    es ist egal von wo ich das archiv öffne, es geht nicht!

it does not matter where I open the archive, it is not!

Comment

Yes, exactly the same, but mine was of course in English. It says it can't be opened as an archive. This format seems troublesome, what if you put the 7z in a regular zip with some read-me file? That did work with the rest of the archives. I guess that 7z does something to the file structure that causes some transfer error correction system to go haywire.

I have seen errors like this a lot. Don't really know why, but people insist on using that format even thou it breaks very often.
                      Well, I will replace archive. Which I need to use a compression method?

Filefront have only had one download of the large archive, that seems odd. It can't only be me that downloaded them all.
                      So occurs always . Filefront it is long updated

Originally posted by Schotti|UTzone View Post
                      es ist egal von wo ich das archiv öffne, es geht nicht!

it does not matter where I open the archive, it is not!
                      My council is based on personal experience

Comment

7z is best compression, but it's not safe. Files seem to break over the Internet.

One method is to place the 7z in a regular zip as you have done before. That did work.

Using regular zip compression is also a good alternative. Plain and simple. Will most likely work for everyone at first try since zip is built in standard for Windows XP.

I use IZArc and maximum compression, deflation. Latest stable edition of software. WinRAR is good too.

Comment

First let me say tnx for your good work man!

But....
                          That last link doesn't seem to work anymore

Comment

Originally posted by [TDC]Destroyer View Post
                            First let me say tnx for your good work man!

But....
                            That last link doesn't seem to work anymore
                            Yes. I in now load archive anew on Filefront. Can soon download

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                              anyone else crash when trying to open GOW_Deco_Statues package?

opened up no prob for me. 10 smeshes in that package.

Comment

Downloaded the World zip, it works, no errors. Thank you!

Is the directory structure supposed to be UTGame\CookedPC\GOW_Contents\World\World\MP etc with the double World?

Comment

Working...
                                X