No announcement yet.

Gears of War Content for UT3 Editor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i got it to work. At first the textures weren't showin up on the meshes. But irestarted the editor, and it works fine

-EJon

Comment

Anyone else getting crashes when playin ut3 After using these? I get that and my editor crashes when I build all.... I'm currently reinstalling everything. Do I need to install the patches in order or just jump to 1.3??

Thanks,

-Ejon

Comment

just jump to 1.3

Download UT3 Official Patch 1.3:
        http://www.epicgames.com/download/UT3Patch3.exe

Comment

well i already did 1.1 and 1.2, is that going to make a problem, or is it ok?

-EJon

Comment

it should be ok

Have Fun

Comment

Anyone else try to cook a map using this content? Because my cooker keeps crashing, and the log file says -

Critical: appError called:
              Critical: Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_3 for Texture2D GOW_HU_Deco_Rubbles.Textures.Tex_Rubble_Fragments_ 06_D
              Recook with -full
              Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
              Log: === Critical error: ===
              Couldn't find seek free bulk data info: MipLevel_3 for Texture2D GOW_HU_Deco_Rubbles.Textures.Tex_Rubble_Fragments_ 06_D
              Recook with -full

I tried deleting everything with this texture, but then it crashes again, this time for another set of textures for another set of meshes. Is there something i can do? Anyone else getting this?

-EJon

Comment

for each mesh you copy from the GOW content packages to your maps package you have to either a) replace the material on the mesh with something in one of the stock UT3 packages. or b) copy the material that the GOW mesh uses and all of the textures associated with that material to your maps package. You can find the textures that the material uses by opening it in the material editor and looking for "texture samples". Once you have all of the proper textures and material in your maps package you will have to reassign the texture samples in the material(in your maps package) to point to the ones in your maps package.
                [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/noot2.jpg[/shot]
                After that you will have to assign your "copied" and rebuilt material to all of the meshes of that particular type in your map.

Comment

If your not very fluent with the material editor I suggest looking at the tutorials on Hourences site:

http://book.hourences.com/tutorialsindex.htm

Comment

Thanks Sanch3z i know how to copy material and stuff, but just not the meshes. How do i copy those?

Thanks,

-EJon

Comment

the way I told you in PM post 7 in this thread:
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585462
                      in this line:
                      obj savepackage package="CH_IronGuard_Male" file="CH_IronGuard_Male.upk"
                      replace "CH_IronGuard_Male" with "GOW_HU_Deco_Rubbles" or whatever package it is you want to copy from.
                      then you will have to replace the GOW content meshes with the ones you copied into your package.

Comment

lol you must have pm'd an epicjon poser cause i never got one But thanks since you posted it here

-EJon

Comment

so wait, that last line, the file= one, do i name it whatever i want to, or keep it the package name?

-EJon

Comment

keep the package name:

obj savepackage package="GOW_HU_Deco_Rubbles" file="GOW_HU_Deco_Rubbles.upk"

dont forget to delete this file from the binaries folder when you are done copying from it.

You did pm me about this right? Weird cause I just checked my mailbox and I did reply to you not an imposter? Epic forum bug maybe...

Comment

yeah i pm'd you. and i was only kiddin when i was talking about a poser
                              must have been a bug or something..

-EJon

Comment

hold up.. now its saying mising file name, i typed it in twice, and its still happening. heres my line -

obj savepackage package="GOW_HU_City_Deco_4" file="GOW_HU_City_Deco_4.upk"

Is that right?

-EJon

ps. when i duplicate some textures, it crashes. is that normal?

Comment

Working...
                                X