Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-OldFactory [FINAL] [PC] [PS3] [PICS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to edit this post later with an indepth review, as I feel it deserves one, but for now I will just say that I've tried the PS3 version and I have 3 words....
    OHHHH DA BABY!

This freakin' map rules... period... and I'll tell you why later, for now enjoy the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWB0ElMAmx8

Awesome..... my new favorite.

Comment

PS3 Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1457
      PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1453

Comment

Stromboli check your messages, great map look forward to seeing more in the future.

Comment

Tnx for the nice comments guys! That's exactly what I'm doing it all for!

Comment

PS3 review

When I first cruised around the Old Factory during my pre-game free camera scouting ritual, I was immediately impressed and intrigued.... Impressed because of the awesome visuals and incredible attention to detail, intrigued because I saw a map with a lot of cover (which I like) alot of potential "around the corner scare moments", and a layout that seemed versatile enough to be small enough for small player counts and the multiple floors/roof/basement make it big enough for the PS3's full 16 man count.

The attention to detail is amazing... too many times, mappers throw some object into their map because it looks cool but they don't take time to think about how it belongs and integrate it properly; this is not the case with Old Factory. Every pipe leads to a logical place... fanned vents that carry steam through the ceiling are right there on the roof, right where they should be.... consistency. Everything on this level has this same attention to detail, integration and consistency. From the falling leaves and the hardwood ceilings to the fountain (that shoots you up onto the roof- nice touch), I like everything about the visuals. And the visuals are a little more REAL than UNREAL, which I like. The UNREAL part takes care of itself once the flak starts flying, so to speak, so the maps themselves don't always have to be soo outlandish, unrealistic, and "unreal".

Another visual triumph for this map is the lighting. It's just as it should be. This is how a "night" map should be. You know it's nighttime, but you're not running around in the dark.... Cities at night are not dark.... do you stumble into everything when you walk the streets after dark? No, because as long as there are street lights or even a really strong moon sometimes, you're not stuck in the dark like how most people seem to want to make nighttime maps. Kudos to you on your lighting.

The layout is simple but fun, and as I said earlier, it's versatile enough for both low and high player counts.

So really, the only question I have to ask is "if the factory has been closed and abandoned for the past 75 years, who's been paying the water and electric bills and who put up the satelite dish?"

Once again, great work Destroyer, and I put up a video of this map in action a couple post up.

Comment

@Stromboli:

Thank you VERY much for that detailed review and for putting all those feathers up my ***
              I also watched your video, and it's nice to have a look at my map on a ps3 (which I don't have...).

I would really love it when you could have a look at my other map (DM-Meditation, link is in my signature). It's my first 'big' map and I spent a ****load of hours on it to make it. Hope you'll like that one as well!

And here's a tip for you: If you like my maps, you should definitely have a look at the ones Zixxer made. He hase one crazy big eye for detail and makes very fun-to-play maps. Here's his best one (to my opinion): http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=626796

Here's also a nice thread of a guy who tests ALL maps and chooses the nicest ones:
              http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=620494

Thanks again!

Ow yeah, about that water and electricity: Eeehhmmmm, Liandri bought it? Sounds plausible? (I don't know, hadn't thought about it...)

Comment

Originally posted by [TDC]Destroyer View Post
                Here's also a nice thread of a guy who tests ALL maps and chooses the nicest ones:
                http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=620494
                Hey dude

THX for the 'publicity' lol

Look like, the reviewer like as much the details as we do hé hé

BTW, is the other project still canceled ???

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                  Hey dude

THX for the 'publicity' lol

Look like, the reviewer like as much the details as we do hé hé

BTW, is the other project still canceled ???
                  Hey Steve,

No problem man!
                  The other project is still 'on hold'. I've been so busy the last months that I seem to have lost all creativity .
                  One day, I'll surely finish it though!

Comment

Yo Peter

So you didn't canceled it, good then

I can understand that at a certain point, you can miss some inspiration, I live that often with Nano **** it !

If you need some ideas, you can always count on me dude. I'll start my MSN if you want to talk a bit, just let me know

Comment

Originally posted by [TDC]Destroyer View Post
                      I would really love it when you could have a look at my other map (DM-Meditation, link is in my signature). It's my first 'big' map and I spent a ****load of hours on it to make it. Hope you'll like that one as well!
                      I checked out meditation and it is a good map as well. It looks good with no performance issues on the PS3. It's a little big for the PS3's limited player count, but it's still very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X