Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Worm [Final] [PC & PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Worm [Final] [PC & PS3]

Name: DM-Worm

Version: Final

Compatibility: 1.3

Description: A deathmatch level set in the lair of a giant worm-monster-thing.

Comments: Almost all textures and static meshes are custom made by me. Almost all of the visible geometry is static mesh based.

Few brushes where hurt during the making of this map.

Please mail me if you have any bugreports or suggestions.

Download:
    DOWNLOAD FOR PC

DOWNLOAD FOR PS3 - EU version MIRROR 1 MIRROR 2
    DOWNLOAD FOR PS3 - US version MIRROR 1 MIRROR 2
    DOWNLOAD FOR PS3 - GER version MIRROR 1 MIRROR 2

Thanks joel791e for the PS3 cooks!

Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://www.claeng.com/portfolio/level_dmworm1.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.claeng.com/portfolio/level_dmworm2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.claeng.com/portfolio/level_dmworm3.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.claeng.com/portfolio/level_dmworm4.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.claeng.com/portfolio/level_dmworm5.jpg[/screenshot]

Thanks to:
    Stevelois and other testers on the Epic Games forums, people at mapcore.net and the #unrealed channel on quakenet. Without your feedback the map wouldn't be half as good.

My friends in the Decadence Mod team for boosting my morale when I've needed it.

Hourences for writing an awesome book on level design and for having great UEd tuts on his website.

Change log:

Final:
    • Pushed the red light towards more yellow to create better balance between the teams in TDM.
    • Tried to fix a weirdly stretched UV, but failed, so I covered it with grass instead :P
    • Tweaked the botpaths a tiny bit more.
    • Made a custom music arrangement with a mix of tracks and stingers that I think suits the environment better.

Beta 3:
    • Removed 2 vials in the 50-a room
    • Added 8 vials spread out over 2 places in the map, making small amounts of health available from more locations.
    • Covered some bad looking UV seams with stuff.
    • Worked on botpathing, making them use smarter paths and generally use the map better.

Beta 2:
    • Added ambient sounds
    • Added music
    • Added pollen/dustmote particles
    • Increased atmosphere with both higher heightfog density and a fog particle system
    • Removed helmet
    • Added 50-armor where the shock rifle was
    • Moved shock rifle to a different place in the same room
    • Removed a root in the shield-room that obstructed gameplay
    • Added some new detail to the shock rifle room
    • Somewhat altered post processing for increased contrast in order to compensate for the "washed-outness" caused by the new fog
    • Made hanging goo somewhat green-ish instead of somewhat red-ish to better fit the color-scheme of the room it was used in
    • Slightly altered the grass-material, giving it a bit more contrast

My website: http://www.claeng.com

the most creative custom deathmatch map to date in the community

Comment

such a sexy map...!

Comment

This map screams quality from every direction. Layout seems good, item placement seems well thought out, the whole thing looks very very good and has a very eerie atmosphere. The only minor, almost not worth mentioning nitpick I can think of is how on earth did those big tires get down there?

Comment

Originally posted by yubnub View Post
          This map screams quality from every direction. Layout seems good, item placement seems well thought out, the whole thing looks very very good and has a very eerie atmosphere. The only minor, almost not worth mentioning nitpick I can think of is how on earth did those big tires get down there?

They where chewed and digested by the worm and then put back together by tiny elves!

Thanks for the comments

PS3 version now available.

Comment

this looks pretty cool, downloadn now

Comment

WOW!!! Can't wait to try this one out, thanks for cooking for PS3

Comment

Originally posted by Crynyd View Post
                WOW!!! Can't wait to try this one out, thanks for cooking for PS3
                Tell me how it works on the PS3 please

Comment

Finally it's here, I like the natural and organic look of it.

Comment

Hi Nurb, just had a quick game against 7 bots, plays great on PS3, very smooth Thanks again for this awesome! map.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to say, the preview pic is working! wish more PS3 cooks had this. Love the hidden message by the way

Comment

well, it didnt work on my ps3. the game its self just freezes up every time, then i deleted it and the game loaded up fine. i see that it worked for Crynyd so idk what the problem is

Comment

nice downloading now

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
                          well, it didnt work on my ps3. the game its self just freezes up every time, then i deleted it and the game loaded up fine. i see that it worked for Crynyd so idk what the problem is
                          Did you put the file in the correct place? I don't know where myself so if you PS3 users could help eachother out here I would be happy

Is there any difference between cooking for the EU or USA version? I cooked for the EU version, but feels like that shouldn't make the map crash other loc-versions >_< Could players with the USA version of UT3 please tell me if it works or not.

Comment

wow totaly wow
                            verry good fps and verry good looks!!!
                            did not test the gameplay yet but damm this map looks so good you dont wanna fight in it!. score 9.7/10 neer perfection :P great job

Comment

lets see if it works 4 joel

Comment

Working...
                              X