No announcement yet.

HOLP2 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love these. I just download both HOLP and both CBP. I like the HOLP maps a lot better.

Comment

Man, these maps are great. Are you guys gonna cook the HOLP1 maps too? I loved those even more!!

Comment

Helloooo, HOLP supreme beings. Wake up! When are you gonna release a real pack for the PS3. These are all lose .jam files and they lack description and map previews. And when are you gonna release the HOLP1 pack for the PS3? CBP3 do a much better job at releasing their content (no offence, lol).

Comment

I have to concur that Razor is a classic, in terms of clean, spartan low-clutter maps that still looks good, and avoids being drab. It reminds me of something that would be in Halo, thanks to the vertical geometry, and the expansive backdrop outside the facility. Good job.

Comment

I have to agree about what the previous poster said about Razor. The colors used here works perfectly and the geometry work is flawless :P. Only thing I think could be better is the trees, they don't really fit with the rest of the map.

Comment

Eew, I tried and tried, but I was unable to do it the way Spoondog did it for CBP3v2. It kept causing freezing and crashes. Worked on it for over two weeks. I actually had Spoondog himself try and help me, but still couldn't get it to go. It's my fault, not the HOLP peoples.

Comment

Nice maps.
                Brings back a lot of the old UT99 memories but with UT3's better engine.
                Some of the maps are very Q3A'ish as well. Echelon has a cool texture set. Razor is a really cool map.

HOLP prefixes on the maps would be nice so they don't get lost in the map list.

Not meant to be a flame or negative at all... I would have liked to have seen a bit more polish on many of them...
                Texture alignment, lightmap seams, detail normalmaps, footstep sounds, jumppad issues, bot path issues, preview shots, and a few other polishes would have made this pack even better.

Comment

Still no HOLP 1 for PS3... Sigh... :-(

Comment

Eew, I currently have no idea what is supposed to happen with HOLP1 for PS3. Sorry if that is a disappointment.

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                    Nice maps.
                    Brings back a lot of the old UT99 memories but with UT3's better engine.
                    Some of the maps are very Q3A'ish as well. Echelon has a cool texture set. Razor is a really cool map.

HOLP prefixes on the maps would be nice so they don't get lost in the map list.

Not meant to be a flame or negative at all... I would have liked to have seen a bit more polish on many of them...
                    Texture alignment, lightmap seams, detail normalmaps, footstep sounds, jumppad issues, bot path issues, preview shots, and a few other polishes would have made this pack even better.
                    Hey DG, good to see you've tried them out. I agree that polish is missing here and there. In the end the team didn't agree on using the HOLP/HOLP2 prefix, because a few of the levels had mapnames of equal length, and we thought that CTF/DM-HOLP-Lopo/Haco/Hosh/Noca and CTF/DM-Vogel/Razor (and possibly others) would be a bit silly.
                    HOLP3 should be more interesting and polished though.

Comment

I eagerly await HOLP3.

I see you have Edm listed as your location, currently working for Bioware.
                      I'm only a few hundred km from there.

Comment

Yep, I'm in Canada now. I'd like to stay put for a while now though. I knew you were located in Canada, but you're quite close then, relatively speaking.

Comment

I'll have to have a talk with the border police...

Yes, about half-a-day's drive away.
                          Bio Edm was one of the studios I was planning on sending a resume to earlier this year, but I started working for another studio instead, plus with the UDN work and UE3 programming I'm doing, I ended up getting busy. Maybe later next year...

Comment

not to sound like a broken record and maybe i haven't read all the posts but from the sounds of it holp 2 is still not available for the ps3 yet right? if so.......any idea anyone? i thought it was supposed to be released a while ago. makes me sad,

Comment

Eh? What?

HOLP 2 has been available for PS3 gamers for a long while now. Just go back a page or two and you'll see that Barballs linked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclogenog View Post
                                Eh? What?

HOLP 2 has been available for PS3 gamers for a long while now. Just go back a page or two and you'll see that Barballs linked it.
                                True. But its HOLP1 that is being held away from the PS3 users as if it were something that only PC users could enjoy - as if PS3 users don't know what good matching means...

Comment

Working...
                                X