Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Arboretum [PICS] [DL] [PC-PS3][FIN]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Arboretum [PICS] [DL] [PC-PS3][FIN]

Name: CTF-Arboretum
    Compatibility: PC / PS3
    Author: David 'opiumunknown' Ruiz
    Comments: A Capture the Flag level using UT3 assets. The goal for this map was to create a fast playing, close combat Capture the Flag level where the natural environment has begun to take back what mans 'infestation' had taken. PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK =)
    Homepage: www.opiumunknown.com
    Screenshot:
    Download PS3: http://files.filefront.com/ctf+arbor.../fileinfo.html
    Download PS3 BKUP: http://www.opiumunknown.com/gallery/...boretumPS3.rar
    Download PC: http://files.filefront.com/ctf+arbor.../fileinfo.html
    Download PC BKUP: http://www.opiumunknown.com/gallery/ctf-arboretum.rar

look nice D/L

Comment

Holy SH*T!!! From nothing to 4 maps, all one day and I thought those Beta threads were dead since last Februaury! All of them look very nice, I have not played yet, but thanks for doing a PS3 version for them all! The maps with keys to pickup placements are a very nice touch! Have to play them to comment further, but I agree with you that GAMEPLAY IS # ONE!!!!! Not everybody feels that way, but I do! Also, listen to what plugh says, he gets things.

Comment

hey thanks demon! glad you've been following! yeah i just finished this map sometime last week. been really busy interviewing for designer positions.. so while doing that i thought i should update my maps fix the problems they had & get out some ps3 versions (hence 4 at once)! woot!
        ill be getting a top down for ARBORETUM some time this week.. ill be sure to add it to this thread. thanks for chkin it out!
        cheers!

Comment

***UPDATE***
          had error with ps3 files. error fixed! thx

Comment

thx, the maps look sweet, i will comment more after i play them

Comment

downloading for ps3. .)

Comment

Good job! downloading both ps3 and pc

Comment

I haven't had the time to play yet, but from the pics this map and the other CTF map you made look amazing. Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3.

Comment

thanks for the comments! glad you guys are enjoying the maps! more to come!!!

Comment

I tested the PC version, i love it !
                      It's so small it feels like a TDM... constant fights coming from everywhere.

It's very good looking too, all the vegetation brings some variation in the textures. I usually don't like the metallic technologic theme because it usually features overly complex geometry with too few (grey) textures but with the vegetation and a lot of lighting like you did, it looks gorgeous.

I also appreciated the huge amount of ammo throughout the map. I always use the volatile ammo mutator (ammo boxes explode if shot). All the rocket launcher ammo boxes make awesome "ammo-traps"

I noticed a couple bugs though...
                      Weapons don't rotate over their dispensers and it seems like if you made the weapons act like single pickable object with a short respawn timer instead of unlimited dispensers... except the weapon doesn't disappear when picked up...
                      i got some surpises with this, I especially noticed this weired effect with the rocket launcher which i couldn't pickup for some reason for a few seconds after an other player.

I also noticed a little wrong behavior with bots (i almost never play on the internet), some bots tend to get stuck facing the lifting column in the center of the map... especially when the damage-amp shows up. (it's maybe not your fault, they're just bots)

Comment

@ blacksharkfr: yeah i know what youre talking about.. the weapon pickups i made off a timer in kismet.. the default pickups are timed as well @ 4 sec... when playing with regular pickups i found that people couldnt pickup the weapon when another play had JUST picked it up.. so i created a kismet sequenece tha would drop the weapon of on a per player basis.. and with a shorter delay... but also paying mind to not let player just camp on it.. so.. i thought this idea would be better than dropping weapon lockers everywhere and really destroying the visual feel of it all.. although i could try moving weapon placememnt around.. ill look into it tho...

but thanks for the critique, designers and artists need them both, and i appreciate you taking time out to comment... thank you

Comment

man that looks sick man download now

Comment

this one wont load on the ps3 too will fix for you

Comment

ps3 cook aint workn,

Comment

Working...
                              X