• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Blossom" mutator for better visibility

Name: Blossom
    Version: First release
    Compatibility: PC, haven't tested it on PS3
    Description: Because I got tired of UT3 bloom I decided to reduce it a bit. It's a mutator which allows you to override postprocessing settings such as bloom, DOF and desaturation.
    Comments:
    Screenshot:
    [SCREENSHOT]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/sp_plateau/bloom_05.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/sp_plateau/bloom_06.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/sp_plateau/bloom_03.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    Credits: kea (me :P )
    Homepage: http://www.unreal.lone-wolfs-den.com/SP2D/
    Download: http://www.unreal.lone-wolfs-den.com...er/blossom.zip

This is going to be a lifesaver for me and my bad eyesight. Very nice.
    Bloom and that **** is something I never cared for in gaming; always made the games look like I forgot to put my glasses on.

Comment

I still haven't tried your "Blossom" mutator yet, but UnWheel 2 will probably use it. I like the sense of depth you get with a haze, but I don't like the current blossom level.

Comment

Wow, buddy, this is great. We can finally turn down the blur and bloom, turn up the color, and still keep the Post processing effects like the Redeemer flash and glow from your powerups! I know you can run mutators on a server, but this needs to be a client-side mod we can use online, not just a mutator. I wonder if we can accomplish these effects through ini tweaks? Thanks for the mutator.

Comment

could you make a mutator that decreases glow from powerups, ammo,

Comment

couldnt you disable post processing from the options menu instead of making a mutator?

Comment

No. The mutator allows us to get the "good" effects of post processing while throwing away the blurry ****.

Comment

zomg those screenshots are looking like low-end PC scenes.
                noo, thanks.

I bet the mutator aint doing anything that ini changes also could do. |:/

Comment

Since when are sharp graphics a sign of low-end?

Comment

What a great idea. I think it's great with it installed. Red-Frog, you're an idiot. On top of that, no, the changes here cannot be done by ini changes. The saturation of colour is written into every level or something like that, it isn't an ini entry open to chage.

Comment

howdy,

excuse my ignorance but i already use another mutator that get rid of colors saturation restoring the colors in game. therefore it doesn't affect the bloom nor post processing. if it's not to much to ask, can you post some pics with images side by side with and without the mutator.

thanks.

Comment

Perhaps you're referring to colour control?

I used that mutator before this. This has the same effect, but can also remove other effects like bloom, depth of field etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RED-FROG View Post
                          zomg those screenshots are looking like low-end PC scenes.
                          noo, thanks.
                          I bet the mutator aint doing anything that ini changes also could do. |:/
                          You can not only decrease, but increase amount of postprocessing as well.

Originally posted by eXeL View Post
                          howdy,
                          excuse my ignorance but i already use another mutator that get rid of colors saturation restoring the colors in game. therefore it doesn't affect the bloom nor post processing. if it's not to much to ask, can you post some pics with images side by side with and without the mutator.
                          thanks.
                          I guess you're talking about "Color Control" mut. It is a mutator that inspired me to make 'Blossom'. Option "disable desaturation" has the same effect as using 'Color Control'.

Originally posted by UnWheelModeller View Post
                          I still haven't tried your "Blossom" mutator yet, but UnWheel 2 will probably use it. I like the sense of depth you get with a haze, but I don't like the current blossom level.
                          Feel free to use it in UnWheel. As I add some more features I'll send sources to StevenHorton. It will be useful for Unwheel to add control over motion blur too.

Comment

keaukraine, could your code be added to UnWheel2's game code as the default visual effects controller?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
                              Since when are sharp graphics a sign of low-end?
                              you have a bad eyesight.
                              This is going to be a lifesaver for me and my bad eyesight.
                              How could you rate my opinion basing upon that fact?

Comparisions are always the best choice for such mutators.
                              Now what we can clearly see on the first one is that the colors are much stronger.
                              The colors for weapons/characters are almost too strong, they look like toys with teamskins.
                              They no longer "blur with the enviroment" which is rather unrealistic.

But the mutator may be a good thing for the competive matches. Things are much easier to see. Just the visual quality is bad, but the guys in the competive games don't really care about gfx I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X