This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    One thing I forgot to mention is that I appreciate you making it colourful. The contrast between the reddish brick and the green vines is great. I suppose the lighting enhances that, but it's just a bit too much glow/bloom/postprocessing (not really sure of the terms lol). I've been having fun with it though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well yes I admit I had kind of a hard time with this remake, it was difficult with what I had to work with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the map, Brett, but I do have to say that the lighting/bloom is overkill. It's a bit hard on the eyes, and in some spots it's even an effort to see a player standing near a wall.

Other than that, I do think it looks awesome. I like the wooden floors and the sinister industrial look of the walls and stuff.

Note that Grinder was not a map that I really liked a lot in UT2004. In my mind this is an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Integrity. It means something to most people... Even on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Internet, serious business.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well said jamyn.... agreed.. -badform there man, very unprofessional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
    I have several of your maps on my server and enjoy all of them,this one included.I'm just having a problem with your comments on a remake of this map on the other authors thread.Just to let you know how I feel about it I'll be pulling your map off my server.
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    It was a joke, gosh! No need to be so serious
    I was just stating my opinion, is that a crime now?
    Wow. Yeah, that's pretty crappy. You don't have to bash someone else's work to try to promote your own. If you really have to use someone else's thread to promote your own work (pretty low class, but I guess if you really feel you have to do it), then you can at least do it in a nice way. Like, "Hey - nice work on this map. I'm doing a remake too, in this thread, if you want to check it out"

It seems like if someone gives you criticism, it's not cool. But it's cool for you to talk trash to other people. All I can say is grow up and be a man.. and by be a man, I mean you don't have to be a **** or be better than someone else to be cool, like so many children believe. Let the guy who made the other version have his props in his own **** thread, and don't promote your own **** there. That's pretty weak. On top of that, when you were called on it, you couldn't even step up and admit to what you had done, and instead called it a joke. Hey, if you have the balls to say it, own it. Don't hide from the things you do. If you can't even admit to what you've done or said, then that makes you a coward. Is that really what you want to be?

The difference between what you did and what was done to you here, is that in YOUR thread, others gave you real, constructive feedback. It was blunt and harsh, yeah - but it was honest and gave you actual feedback so you could improve your work if you felt like it.

You, on the other hand, talked trash in someone elses thread so you could promote your own work. There's no way you can say that's not weak. You may be a great mapper, but what you did was crappy.

You realize when people see you do trash like that, they certainly don't think very well of you right, even if they don't say something to you? Learn to be gracious, and people will respect you for your skills if you have them. You don't need to trash talk others, let them have their time too.

Like you said, stating your opinion certainly isn't a crime.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No crime,rude yes and as for promoting your map there well you figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks really bland. Needs alotta work. I will keep working on my version though.

Yeah but mine'll be better

Well if he thinks THIS one is good, he should see mine. Just sayin...

If it was a joke then posting your comments here will be just fine.Right?Haha.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...grinder&page=2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was a joke, gosh! No need to be so serious.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have several of your maps on my server and enjoy all of them,this one included.I'm just having a problem with your comments on a remake of this map on the other authors thread.Just to let you know how I feel about it I'll be pulling your map off my server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But in the meantime while the meshes are being made for it, I might do a VCTF map because the community needs one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks... the next project I have planned is a remake of guardian from halo 3.
    Wow that sounds awsome already. I like the maps that you make/remake. Bottom line is that they are all gorgeous and fun to play. Thx in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That'd be awsome, ive been working on blackout awhile back but havent had enough resources to continue with sadly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X