Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say hundreds of hours heh. The more I look at the map, the more I realize that it was tough to remake this. With conveyor it was a breeze, with this one I had a much tougher time, probably because of the shape the map is, the layout, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
      Hey, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.
      That's a good way to look at it.
      I wasn't sure if I would like this map from the start, but you know what, I had some good games in it and I like it. I'm not so fussy about the finer details, its fun to play..

except, preview pics are pretty important to me and I would d/l a v1.1 just for that change

Comment

I wouldn't say hundreds of hours heh. The more I look at the map, the more I realize that it was tough to remake this. With conveyor it was a breeze, with this one I had a much tougher time, probably because of the shape the map is, the layout, etc.
        I think with some more time on it, you can salvage this remake & make it much better; better than the original even. You seemed to have given up though and published it too soon. And though memorable, it's not one of Epic's better maps to remake...

Comment

I can't remeber all those names , a preview pic would be most appreciated!

Comment

I think a remake of DM-Viridian-Tourney would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
              The only one I have installed that uses a preview pic from the map itself is VCTF-Hostility Arena - I'd not really taken much notice previously & didn't realise it was even possible on PS3 till I checked through my installed maps.
              hi hi I was recently pointed to this thread by a friend unrealloco, consequently I was also emailed by Spoondog about the same topic. I cannot remember the exact steps that I took to get the radar/preview pic working on this map. I am currently working on a solution for this issue though and will post a step by step tutorial either here or on my dev forum. In either event I will post results here w/ link to topic.

bh

ps Brett this map looks great!, just wish I was a dm guy. Is the layout in such a way you would consider a vctf port or is it just too small? the vctf community is starving for new maps

Comment

great, another classic remade with is own style.

i discover you're map by luck, in fact by stevelois great maps list. i'm starting to have a good collection of DM maps ha ha !

i'm was surprised that the map as only 2 stars on 5. i read the users comments and played the map. i must say that i like it and this score is frankly low for the map itself.

i must admit that it miss some minors touches to be final. i've check the comments and it's all there, so no need to repeat what as already been said.

my only real issues was the preview pic and the amount of players that you suggest. i'm new here and i want to build a server with only some highly recommended maps. i said was because i download the stevelois additionnal package with all the information i need. i also found others maps made by you like differents version of conveyor (another old favorite of mine) in the text file.

so anyway, i hope that someday, you release another version with the fix ppl as reports and included the stevelois package.

thanks for that great map.

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post

ps Brett this map looks great!, just wish I was a dm guy. Is the layout in such a way you would consider a vctf port or is it just too small? the vctf community is starving for new maps
                  It's too small really, But I'll come up with a nice VCTF map just for you guys

Comment

Hehehe Sweet cant wait.

Comment

ok for you guys reading this thread here is a solution to the PS3 map pic preview.

Preview pic for PS3 edited in at bottom

@Brett- dude that is awesome thank you!! I wish I had more time for it and must admit I am a bit jealous of all you lucky peeps that do. Anyway man keep up the great work!

Comment

Thanks... the next project I have planned is a remake of guardian from halo 3.

Comment

That'd be awsome, ive been working on blackout awhile back but havent had enough resources to continue with sadly.

Comment

Thanks... the next project I have planned is a remake of guardian from halo 3.
                            Wow that sounds awsome already. I like the maps that you make/remake. Bottom line is that they are all gorgeous and fun to play. Thx in advance.

Comment

But in the meantime while the meshes are being made for it, I might do a VCTF map because the community needs one

Comment

I have several of your maps on my server and enjoy all of them,this one included.I'm just having a problem with your comments on a remake of this map on the other authors thread.Just to let you know how I feel about it I'll be pulling your map off my server.

Comment

Working...
                                X