• Show
Clear All

Continuation of previous post.

Comment

PostLag - Disregard/delete.

Comment

Dude shut up...
        The maps Bret does are good...
        He isn't Epic, hes like the rest of us trying to give you ****heads something decent for you to play.

@Bret keep at it man I like your maps regardless of the overreacted comentators.

Comment

Hey, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
            He isn't Epic, hes like the rest of us trying to give you ****heads something decent for you to play.
            I didn't say he was, nor imply it. Although he has shown he has the ability to do much better jobs than this. I know he's
            "trying to give you ****heads something decent", and thats why I bothered to point out flaws in the design.
            Turning a blind eye and accepting a ****ty map as if it were good just because he's made good maps in the past. Is complete ignorance.
            The fact being at the moment is that the map is well below par.
            Posted as finished, with multiple revisions, and still no where near completion.
            I've seen new mappers do much much better than this.
            So voodoo please, comprehend the fact that it's plausible. That not every map made by someone with a good track record will by godly.

Comment

Maybe I can't do a better job than this did you ever think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                Then I'm sorry I brought it up or pushed it.
                But to answer you, no I never even considered that a reason.
                Since Arctic, and Conveyor were so good.
                If you honestly can't do it better than that's fine. But that's not at all what I was expecting you to say. Also to point out I'm not trying to knock your map, I loved the original grinder. I'm appreciative of any effort to restore it at all.
                However you have to admit this isn't very well made, layout and size wise seems to be solid though. Props, lighting and effects no.

Still looking forward to more from you though.
                Don't let my criticism put a damper on your spirits.

Comment

I just rated this thread a 1 LOL

Comment

I'm not in agreement with Akira's repeated complaints about lights. It's like he's never been in a real building. I've got 7 lights in the room I'm in now. I mean obviously this is a game and not meant to be exactly like real life but the multiple lights don't bother me at all. But this
                    nobody really cares about a preview pic
                    means no download. That's just lazy. I dislike having to start a level to remind myself what it looks like/which one it is and I've been purging the ones that make me do that.

That's not an "I'm right and you're wrong" thing, plenty of people may not care. But I do

Comment

great looking map!

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                        Maybe this would be an excuse if this was your first map, but we've all seen you do better with other maps. Everytime someone says anything negative about your maps you get far too down on yourself. A lot of people already like this map, why not fix the overuse of lighting meshes and the missing wall texture and release a version 1.1

Critique doesn't mean it's bad, it just means it's not perfect. A map you've already made this good deserves to be made perfect.

Comment

Ok, thats it, I have to definitely play this tonight when I get home. Bret, love your work, hope you didn't rush just to beat d3tox to the punch. I will say more when I play more.

Comment

Its a very good map, but it has its flaws. Bascially my only problems are the lighting(Its to bright & bland in some places and over use of the brick texture. other then that, its a pretty good remake.

Comment

Played on PS3, heres what I think. First off, it wasn't nearly as bad as I heard it would be... I was reading it was bad, but I've always enjoyed your maps, so I had no idea what to expect... I didn't like the ceilings, and everything looked ok when I was standing still but when I was moving it was kind of blurry or something. Gritty, definitely had a Gears "feel" to it, but also seemed a little...... I don't know, unpolished or something. I don't know what you were trying to do, so I cant tell if you succeeded. Gameplay was excellent, object placement seemed good, and had a nice circular flow to it. Back to the ceilings, the metal corrugated parts looked good, but where it was cement looking it had a kind of repetitive tiled looking effect going on. I liked it, but I can see why people think it needs more polish, too. I don't know what the technical term is for that blurriness when you are in motion, but it was a little disconcerting. Like I said, when I stood still and looked at the brick walls, it seemed crisp looking, but when I was moving it was off, especially the brick. Overall, pretty Effen Cool Remake. Thanks for reading, thanks for cooking for PS3, and hope that helps!

Comment

woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo someones spent hundreds of hours making a map for me to download for FREE! THANK YOU bret, im looking fwd to trying this
                                [EDIT] I just had a quick run thru and quite liked it, the only place it should score a one in my humble opinion, is in the 'fiscally rewarding" category... lol... Looking fwd to your next project

Comment

Working...
                                X