• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks really nice!
    i cant wait to play this beauty!

Comment

Yes, another worthy CTF map

You reach you're goal about the layout, visuals, atmosphere

The music is simply awesome, the reward sound when returning the flag is also well made, I LOVE it. There is others things that aren't common that you cleverly use, like putting the lights on the floor instead of putting them on the ceiling and such. I found that you put a lot of work in the map and it is highly polished.

TBH, the map surprised me :

The pics in the first post don't do the job about the visual aspect of the map. Only the red smoke stand out from the rest in the pics so it doesn't make justice at all to the map. That is why I did not bother to download the map in the beta forum. The reasons why I download the map is because the others members have download it and everyone of them are happy. I read the description after and it sound very interesting. I was skeptical about the final result, but man what a surprise !!!

Even if it is a must, they are some little things that bother me :

1- Comparing the amount of health and ammo on the first and second floor, the first floor miss a bit of them. The thing is if I want to use something else than the flak or RL, I've got to go on second floor. Some vials (2 to 4 in a row) would be welcome. The fact is that it is easier to travel on the second floor than the first floor even if the weapons are less powerful since you have more health & ammo.

2- The weapons disposal is a a little bit unbalanced. The flack and the RL are very close to each other. It would be more balanced if one of these two would be on the second floor, switching with a less powerful weapon.

Other things,

- The preview screen leave to be desired. Again, it doeasn't do justice to the map.
      - The readme file is "nude" I must say. I've made one for myslef (like every others maps when the author don't take the time to document is work).

So, a part these comments, the map is a keeper for me anyway and THX you to provide me another GREAT map. I'm happy to add this level in my list (Link).

Comment

Visually the map is outstanding, the use of smoke and rain effects is certainly top notch. The way the map is setup is a bit unique and I can't wait to try this out on the PS3 with a few other friends (I can't really play well with KB/M so I need to play it with a controller before I can really say how well the map play competitively).

If you plan to cook this for PS3 you may need a bit of optimization (and you'll have to lose the awesome custom sounds), the framerate was a bit sketchy on my system and my laptop generally runs maps just about as well as the PS3.

Comment

Absolutely fantabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
            Visually the map is outstanding, the use of smoke and rain effects is certainly top notch. The way the map is setup is a bit unique and I can't wait to try this out on the PS3 with a few other friends (I can't really play well with KB/M so I need to play it with a controller before I can really say how well the map play competitively).

If you plan to cook this for PS3 you may need a bit of optimization (and you'll have to lose the awesome custom sounds), the framerate was a bit sketchy on my system and my laptop generally runs maps just about as well as the PS3.
            The framerate was dodgy on my Core2Duo 6600, with an 8800GT. Looked amazing though

Comment

Simply amazing. Great work. I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Comment

The map looks great but the flow was very odd to me. I had trouble navigating it. Some areas had drop-offs while other areas were dark. Maybe just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Fantastic visuals, lacking gameplay; even on a single 9800 GTX

Comment

Very nice looking map, but the layout doesn't please me. For example, the position of the flag isn't really good (imo), it's unaccessable from the bottom floor without translocator. And using the airlift isn't exactly as easy as I had hoped for. There are also a few spots within the map that's completely black, and the weather effects are just too much(imo) it interferes with the gameplay. Anyway, still a map worth keeping and I'm looking forward for more of your work.

Comment

this is something. i rarely seeing something with so much bad weather. that map as a great personality.

by the way, i love the music track and sounds effects. about the track, can you indicate me the artist/album please ?

visually, this rocks ! i don't have any issues about fps as others as mention. some don't like the flag emplacement and some, like me, like it.

gameplay wise ;

- it miss a little bit of ammo and health on the first level.
                      - the air lift is not so easy to use, being killed a couple of time there having some difficulties to land on second level.
                      - the weather is really, really really bad and it surprise me that there is no broken windows anywhere ? this is not an issue at all, it's just esthetic's.

anyway, this is a keeper for me also.

Comment

One of best looking maps for UT3. Map that use all power of Unreal Engine 3. A bit dark, though, but very atmospheric map: i believed i was in cold rainy abandoned place.

Comment

holy **** thats nice MAN keep it up do some DM map

Comment

Yeah, a map a bit like this, but DM

Comment

Nice release mate, very kewl stuff. I'll give it a go

Comment

it's so **** nice. especially the smokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X