• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Primeval_SE [pics][PC][PS3]

Name: WAR-Primeval_SE
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 Patch V1.3
    Description: An enhanced remake of UT2004 ONS-Primeval. This Second Edition's default is as true to the original as reasonably could be made. Optionally, WAR-Primeval_SE has four additional link setups including the Orb, more nodes, sniper platforms, and DarkWalkers.
    Comments: The PS3 version need validation that all five link setups appear in the UI.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Sanch3z and Nomadicus
    Homepage: www.t5k-clan.com
    Download:
    PC - WAR-Primeval_SE.zip
    PS3 - Temporarily unavailable due to a technical problem

Originally posted by nomadicus View Post
    Comments: The PS3 version need validation that all five link setups appear in the UI.
    The 5 link setups do pop up on the PS3, unfortunately none of the maps load properly ;(.
    After you try to load the map it just kicks you back to the loading screen.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
      The 5 link setups do pop up on the PS3, unfortunately none of the maps load properly ;(.
      After you try to load the map it just kicks you back to the loading screen.
      Confirmed - as soon as you hit the X button in the Start Game screen, you get taken straight back to the Settings screen, without the "Loading >>>" screen ever appearing ...

Comment

Ouch. I will try making a new one tonight. Stay tuned.
        Either that or I will buy a PS3! Know where I can find on the cheap?

Comment

Hey I already have the working versions of the ps3 ones if u want them?

Comment

A gorgeous remake nomad! Primeval was one of my favorite maps in 2k4. I'm glad the gameplay was able to translate over. The traditional node setup is a still a blast! Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
              Hey I already have the working versions of the ps3 ones if u want them?
              If it has all 5 linksetups. I must have made a typo. PS3 Warfare Tutorial

Thanks bclagge! I'll let Sanch3z know too.

Comment

thanks So's..... I love this map also, had many good times on UMG 2k4 ONS server playing this map. Even though I dislike the mine layer gun I do kinda miss it on maps like this.

Comment

Yeah I miss it too. But ultimately it's better for the gameplay not to have spiders, lol.

Torlan/Primeval demo servers rock!

Comment

Ouch. I will try making a new one tonight. Stay tuned.
                    Thanks Nomadicus - IIRC the last working PS3 version was RC2X ...

If it has all 5 linksetups.
                    ... which definitely did have all five link setups working perfectly

Comment

The PS3 version has been updated - see first post for the download.
                      Let me know if it works. If not, could it be a PS3 incompatibility with the PC patch V1.3?

Comment

The PS3 version has been updated - see first post for the download.
                        Let me know if it works. If not, could it be a PS3 incompatibility with the PC patch V1.3?
                        Thanks Nomadicus, downloading now Not sure about the incompatibility thing, as RC3 had a similar problem where the map would import and unpack, and show in the My Content screen as installed, but none of the link setups were available in the IA Warfare selection list ... as RC2X worked perfectly, including the different link setups, were a lot of changes made between that version & RC3 / Final?

EDIT: unfortunately it still doesn't work - the link setups have now disappeared in the map selection list, leaving only Primeval SE selectable. When you choose this and attempt to start a match, it takes you straight back to the Settings screen without ever getting to the Loading screen, as before

Thanks for trying though - I've heard a rumour floating around the forums that the next PS3 patch may not be all that far away, so maybe it will work okay after that's released

Comment

Thanks for trying. That one was exactly the same as the RC2X that worked for you so I suspect it is a patch conflict of some sort. Had a map that wouldn't build after upgrading to Patch 1.3; eventually found the problem but such is life.

If the next PS3 patch is close, I am very tempted to buy a PS3 to get this fixed. Besides, I might watch Blu-Ray movies too.

Comment

Thanks for trying. That one was exactly the same as the RC2X that worked for you so I suspect it is a patch conflict of some sort. Had a map that wouldn't build after upgrading to Patch 1.3; eventually found the problem but such is life.

If the next PS3 patch is close, I am very tempted to buy a PS3 to get this fixed. Besides, I might watch Blu-Ray movies too.
                            Hmmm - I still have RC2X installed; seems a long shot, but I wonder if it'll work if I uninstall that? I'll give it a go & post back

Seems like it's not just you either - saw a post earlier where ShadeMistress mentioned that her PS3 mod tools wouldn't load at all after installing Patch 1.3

Comment

thanks for sharing!
                              looking forward to play an old map again

Comment

Working...
                              X