• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-RedRoute, WAR-RedRouteRemix [PS3][PC][Pics][Vid]

Name:WAR-RedRoute, WAR-RedRouteRemix
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: PC, PS3
    Description: A claustraphobic bloodbath based around what was once the longest corridor in Europe, and was famously never used in the filming of Blake's 7
    Comments: RedRoute gets ridiculous and annoying at around 10 players. RedRouteRemix can support many more players and will be preferred by most people
    Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://i34.tinypic.com/ivbbev.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i35.tinypic.com/2j10f3c.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i36.tinypic.com/34hc7cm.jpg[/screenshot]
    Photos: Here, here and here.
    Video:
    WAR-RedRoute
    Credits: Unreal-Station and Gods of Warfare provided many useful comments. The photos are ones I found lying around the web - credit goes to their owners.
    Homepage: http://unreal-station.com/tolstoythecat.php
    Download:
    PC (both maps)
    Source files
    I've recooked for PS3 with version 2.0 of the cooker. The new version is called WAR-RedRouteSE. This is a recooked version of WAR-RedRouteRemix with 2 minor bugs fixed (a floating health vial and some poor lighting near entrance to blue base from the courtyard).

No one liked WAR-RedRoute (and I understand why), but RedRouteRemix seemed quite popular. So RedRouteSE is the official PS3 version.

PC versions remain unchanged.

Download WAR-RedRouteSE for PS3

University of Leeds! Killing in the corridors. Sweet!

Comment

This is a cool project. Those huge brutalist buildings really work in Quake style games. Tell me, is there actualy that massive staircase at the real location or is that artistic license?

Comment

Stairway to ...

Originally posted by Crayfish View Post
        This is a cool project. Those huge brutalist buildings really work in Quake style games. Tell me, is there actualy that massive staircase at the real location or is that artistic license?
        You can make out the stairs in the third of the linked photos. I used to see rugby players doing fitness training running up and down there. It didn't look like fun to me.

The location was used in some of the scenes near the end of Clockwork Orange, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tolstoy the Cat View Post
          You can make out the stairs in the third of the linked photos. I used to see rugby players doing fitness training running up and down there. It didn't look like fun to me.
          Cool, I'd love to visit that campus one day (not the running bit tho. Don't know if you've ever visited the Barbican, but it fits right in here. All those sky bridges, pillars, courtyards and corridors..
          Doest this staircase represent a real feature too? It looks awsome:
          [screenshot]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1403/redroutestairshx8.jpg[/screenshot]
          Originally posted by Tolstoy the Cat View Post
          The location was used in some of the scenes near the end of Clockwork Orange, btw.
          Cool. btw, if Ur going for a Kubrick feel, check out the music on 'DM Rising Sun' (not the oriental bits obv , always make me think of C.O and the helicopter shots at the start of the Shining..

Comment

The stairs in the Roger Stevens Building (the ones you pictured) are not real. The real version would be several sets of stairs in alternating directions, which doesn't really work with gameplay.

Comment

could you please upload to another site? that lame site throttles down rediculously to try to get people to buy their premium service(load of ****).

filefront works good enough.

Comment

I've uploaded to FileFront and put links in the main post. Please let me know if you have any trouble with them.

Thanks,
                Tolstoy

Comment

Update for PS3 players. I've recooked with version 2.0, renamed it, and fixed 2 minor bugs. See the bottom of the main post.

Tolstoy

Comment

I added the map to my thread (see my sig).

THX

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      I added the map to my thread (see my sig).

THX
                      THANKS!

Also, I've updated the links to point at mediafire since FileFront has expired

If anyone finds any problems with the links, please post here or pm me.

Tolstoy

Comment

Transparent radar

How you set radar background transparent?

On UT2004 it was piece of pie, but on UT3 there have been some settings on somewhere on ziljon .ini files. Where!

Comment

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean. If you're referring to some of the materials used in the map, just open up the map in the Editor (I provided the source files) and take a look.

Sorry not to be more helpful, but "radar" makes no sense to me.

Tolstoy

Comment

Nice map. It's a lot of fun to play!

Added to this server:

Comment

Working...
                            X