Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ripper Lite v2 [PC][Pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Lite v2 [PC][Pics]

Ripper Lite v2

What's this then?

Ripper Lite is a "port" of the original Ripper from Unreal Tournament - a popular weapon that fires sharp blades. The most common uses of this weapon are beheading enemies and spamming corridors with the bouncing blades. This version, however, improves on my original Ripper UT3 port by following the blueprint of the original UT Ripper.

Changes in v2

• Pickup skin fixed - instead of being red, it is now silver like the weapon itself.
    • Ammo pickup tweaked - easier to identify, bigger in size and with a green plasma overlay.
    • Vehicle damage fixed/tweaked - primary fire will do more damage than secondary, but secondary is useful to knock vehicles around with.
    • Primary fire animation changed - the gun propels backwards instead of upwards, fitting more with the UT Ripper's animations.
    • Headshots tweaked - they are easier to attain, especially during online play.
    • Secondary fire tweaked - bigger blast radius but does not throw enemies so far up into the air.
    • First person model fixes - tweaked for widescreen play, plus more compatible with small weapons option.
    • Pinner blade tweaked - the stinger shard no longer shows up when enemies are pinned to walls.
    Features

• Blade speed, damage and ricochet values are identical to their UT counterparts.
    • Secondary fire is now the explosive blade, again identical to the UT version.
    • Weapon firing speeds are practically the same as the UT Ripper, allowing for corridor-spamming!
    • Primary blades can decapitate enemies and pin them to walls.
    • Small size footprint: the files together total less than 400KB.
    • Hidden melee mode where you can slice enemies up at close range (headshots too!)
    • You can kill yourself with the blades...
    Screenshots

Download

ripperlitev2.zip (591KB) from FileWorks.

Usage

You can use the "Ripper Lite - Replace Stinger" mutator to (surprise surprise) replace the Stinger with this new weapon. A better option, however, would be to use Epic's Weapon Replacement mutator to replace a weapon of your choice with the Ripper instead. Since whichever patch, the custom ammo pickups will now appear as well using Epic's mutator, so I would advise using it!

I hate this mutator! Where can I vent my anger?

Parser was responsible for this - you can find him at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com

A quick note

Although it sounds evil of me, I'd like to request that this mutator isn't cooked by a 3rd party again - it's nothing personal, but from what I've read it seems the sounds weren't replaced, so the weapon makes no noise on the PS3 version, and I feel this misrepresents the quality of the mutator. When/if Epic fixes this Atrac copyright issue, I'll do a full port for the PS3 version, but I don't see any point in compromising the mutator for PS3 because if people start doing that it will give Epic less incentive to fix the compatibility issues!

.. Enjoy!

kewl m8....i use the "old" version and cant wait to try this one....from picts it have awesome look

Comment

i agree to blitz it looks awesome
      downloading

Comment

I should have mentioned this before, and maybe you've already fixed it for this version, but in the previous version when you get the invisibility the ripper doesn't turn invisible like the other guns.

Comment

Been using this with the Weapon Replacement Mutator and it's awesome. Great work!

I wish that UT3 had a lot more blood spray when you decapitate people, though I don't think there's much you can do to change that. Always liked that in UT the Ripper turned decapitated foes into little blood fountains for a second: Realistic? No | Unreal? Hell Yeah!!

Comment

Good fun just got even better

Is it possible to "place" this weapon in a map, so that it doesn't replace anything?

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
              I should have mentioned this before, and maybe you've already fixed it for this version, but in the previous version when you get the invisibility the ripper doesn't turn invisible like the other guns.
              Yeah, this was something I noticed, it's because of the way I replace the model's skin. Looking back, I now realise how it can be fixed - doh! I hope it's not too much of a deal breaker..

Originally posted by sneh
              Is it possible to "place" this weapon in a map, so that it doesn't replace anything?
              I haven't tried it, but you should be able to load up RipperLite.u separately and place UTWeap_RipperLite into a weaponbase or weaponlocker. I'm not familiar with cooking maps, but if there's an option don't cook the .u into the map, provide it with the download separately, that should work! DM-Gothic, right? Looks fun.

Comment

Ok. Feedback/Bug Reports.

This doesn't play nicely with weapon replacement. I love it (It's my new enforcer, actually, not my minigun, it felt weak compared to the minigun) but when I replace it for the enforcer with Epic's weapon replacement, and then I pick up the minigun, one of them (I think it's the minigun) is placed into the same slot as the ripper and can't be used. I think it might be the custom icon, haven't had this problem with other weapons that don't use one. Just a guess. Also, your icon is still red, at least for me.

EDIT: For you, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                  Good fun just got even better

whats that map? it looks like the cathedral map from resistance

Comment

Originally posted by eldraco View Post
                    whats that map? it looks like the cathedral map from resistance
                    It's my remake of DM-Gothic from UT99. (picture is of the bsp version, I'm working on a new one as my main project atm)

Comment

Few random problems...

This dosent happen all the time. Sometimes me and some others have had a cople of problems. The wepon will dissapear and the blades have no sound or the ripper will have a red lit skin and this goes with the silent blades. Players also seem to suddenlly be holding a red lit skinned ripper when its picked up even if a blue one is in the place of the stinger.

Comment

can anyone reupload this file please I cant open the .rar it says its either an unknown file type or damaged.

thanks

Comment

When I click on the download link I get a page saying balls, perhaps it has been deleted. Is there anyone who can get this running again?

Comment

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7100

Comment

Ok guys looking for a solution to problem here. I was guided toward the first rendition of the ripperlite by sneh for the UT3 version of HealPod that I am making. But the weapon does not turn invisible like the other weapons do. I've just downloaded the ripperlitev2, has this problem been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X