• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Map Manager

Name: UT 3 Map Manager
    Version: (1.1) 1.2
    Compatibility: Windows...?
    Description: Installs (moves) maps from some folder you choose into the "unpublished\CustomMaps"-folder, so you can start playing 1 click after downloading and unziping the map. Comes with a lot of functions, like an ini editor, a filesize preview or the "mapper mode", which allows you to copy maps from the "unpublished\CustomMaps"-folder to the "published\CustomMaps"-folder.
    Comments: No more folder opening for moving the downloaded maps! Hurray!
    Please report bugs to me, i'll fix them.
    Install:
    Unzip, run.
    Screenshot: (v1.1)

Credits: Made by me.
    Homepage: www.sharethat.de
    Download: see version 1.2

File not on server?

OK, I got it off your web site.
    I really like this.
    It shows my installed maps but will not read my uninstalled maps if they are in a Zip, Rar, or 7z.
    How is this designed to be used. Upzip all of the map files into one directory for installation?
    Does it copy all needed map elated files?

Added: Some maps place INI files into the CustomMaps directory and also into the Config directory. Will this program handle this?

Comment

I use my own server... whoops.. fixed ^^

yes, you need to unzip your map into a folder, give the folder's path to the program once and then it searches for maps there.

Comment

What is the difference between the CustomMaps folder in Published, versus the one in Unpublished?

Comment

hm, not to sound negative, BUT I think this program should actually create SUBFOLDERS into the CustomMaps folder.

You know. If I have a map which is called DM-Delta, I create a folder named DM-Delta into the CustomMaps folder, and put all files that are related with Delta into it.

Some maps have some bad clutter of files all over. For example DM-LegoDemolition.
          It has files like DM-LEGO-DemolitioN.ut3 Gavlego.upk mymusic.upk

If you wanted to remove the LegoDemolotion without having seperate folder structures there will always be some files left.

And I don't think your programm will know that Gavlego.upk has to deleted too when you click on delete....or does it?

Comment

OK, I need clarification.

I unzipped all my maps into a directory. I then installed them using your program.
            I was a bit surprised that the map files were moved and not copied.
            Now there isn't a uninstall function in your program. It only allows delete. If I delete them, do I lose all of the files I unzipped?
            The files should either be copied into your program and then deleted or the files should be moved to your program and then uninstalled. Moving and deleting is a bad combination.

It's way too much work to unzip them and not be able to reinstall them again with your program if something goes wrong.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Added:

Your program also left behing all of the INI files that would have normally been installed in the "Config" directory and a handful of "UPK" files.

Comment

Originally posted by RED-FROG View Post
              If you wanted to remove the LegoDemolotion without having seperate folder structures there will always be some files left.

And I don't think your programm will know that Gavlego.upk has to deleted too when you click on delete....or does it?
              This would be tricky, but I think possible - the only way to know which files are actually being used by a map would be to look in the map file itself.. I don't know if it says in plain english which .UPK files it depends on, but that would be the only way to know.

Comment

Ok everyone,

Here is v1.2.

Fixed bug:
                - Map Name was sometimes displayed wrong

Added feature:
                - choose between copy or move the new map

@red-frog:
                You're right, I thought about this problem. But I didn't want to copy the whole folder. I'm still working on that.

@$n[p3r
                Creating packages not named after the map is useful for other mappers who want to use the content for their maps.
                Everyone need's lego bricks

@MasterB
                You're right, I added the copy feature.
                The ini files in the config folder are part of the mentioned problem with the file names.

I'm working on that file problem, but atm i can't figure out how to let the program find out where to install things. Maybe you noticed the "others-files"-symbol. It will be used in a coming version.

DOWNLOAD version 1.2

Comment

Relating to the Config INI files.
                  What if the user unzips the maps allowing the proper directories to be created. This should place the map files into : A save directory/Publiched/CookedPC/CustomMaps
                  And the custom INI's could be placed into : A save directory/Config.
                  Could you look for the Config directory and copy these as well and place then into the User////config directory?

Then as we add maps to these directories, Map Manager just copies everything over ignoring anything that was previously copied.

Comment

Originally posted by $n[p3r
                    The only items that should be in your published folder are ones that have been cooked. All your uncooked maps should be in your unpublished folder. When you cook a map, it looks in your unpublished folder, cooks it, and moves the file to your published folder.

This is because people aren't importing stuff into packages named after the map, which is what they should be doing.

I've also seen this in the Sandbox map. This also may be because they plan on using the stuff in multiple maps, which, IMO, is a bad idea.

I have all my maps in my CustomMaps folder without any sub folders.

r u using this tool,sniper?

Comment

Update on ver 1.3??

Comment

Very nice tool.
                        It would be great if I could delete from the left column as well (source maps).

It would also be nice if the map windows (L and R) were the same height so the lists could be easily compared.

Comment

Originally posted by RED-FROG View Post
                          You know. If I have a map which is called DM-Delta, I create a folder named DM-Delta into the CustomMaps folder, and put all files that are related with Delta into it.

are you talking about my map
                          DM-Delta

Comment

Working...
                          X