Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
    Yeah, good catch steve. I guess the author wouldn't have noticed if he still had the original map in his folder, as the preview pic would have been pulled from there. Something to watch out for if you make a new version of a map and give it a different name!
    Thx

Indeed, Plutonic is very good mapper and he always polish his map the best he can. With you're explanations it is a big probability.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, good catch steve. I guess the author wouldn't have noticed if he still had the original map in his folder, as the preview pic would have been pulled from there. Something to watch out for if you make a new version of a map and give it a different name!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    excellent map, i love the setting

-EJon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i've played this map on 3d buzz contest without knowing there was another version available. and more, a better one !

thanks for that SE version, it's a must.

thanks stevelois for your tip ! i appreciate. and i continue to discover some fabulous maps by you're list !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by invanorm View Post
    Cheers for the simple fix steve,

Now the map it complete :P
    You're the first to thx me to share this simple info. Great that it could help you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers for the simple fix steve,

Now the map it complete :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ADDING THE PREVIEW SCREEN

I don't have that problem because I applied the fix at the time. I want to share the info here for those interested.

I've forgot that the map didn't have a preview pic by default. Now since others have complaining about that, I redownload the map to see what is appening. Brief, he only forgot to change the INI parameters when he release the SE version.

The INI is the old version (without the SE), simply edit "DM-Marauder-SE.ini" and make sure that you're "PreviewImageMarkup" is as follow : DM-Marauder-SE.MapPic.map-pic-marauder instead of DM-Marauder.MapPic.map-pic-marauder. The trick is to add -SE in the line

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    And that really affects how you play a map or how a map looks etc. ... come on folks ... I think you guys are putting a bit too much emphasis on this preview pic (which is crappy anyways compared to UC2 and even UT2K4 which at least had image transition so you could see more than one static pic of a level) ... I mean seriously these are user created levels that are fantastic ... things people are doing for free in their spare time and you folks are complaining about the lack of a preview pic?

Man some folks really do not have a clue and don't know how to appreciate fantastic free content. Well when you can make something even half this excellent and you put it out for the folks to have maybe I will listen but for now you people sound silly. Honestly. Man some of you PC gamers are becoming so spoiled ... NONE of the PS3 maps that are user made have preview pics and yet that sure isn't stopping the PS3 gamers from having lots of fun, giving praise about the actual level itself and definitely isn't disappointing people. Take a page out of their book.
    Hey don't get me wrong, this is indeed a fantastic map. I love the layout and the visual style - it's definately a keeper.

It's just that a preview pic adds polish, and makes it easier to pick the map in the list. Its more of a psychological thing, if the map is missing a preview pic it looks unfinished, even if the map itself is awesome. Plus, apparently its pretty easy to implement... but I don't want to get in to a squabble over this. Its already all been discussed before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sxy map man, looks pro wd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like FragTastic's take on it in his post for Bret's DM-Grinder-RE map:

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
    woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo someones spent hundreds of hours making a map for me to download for FREE! THANK YOU bret, im looking fwd to trying this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by invanorm View Post
    yeah i noticed the lack of preview image too, kinda disappointing. I'm pretty particular about things like that. Looks messy in the map selection list

And that really affects how you play a map or how a map looks etc. ... come on folks ... I think you guys are putting a bit too much emphasis on this preview pic (which is crappy anyways compared to UC2 and even UT2K4 which at least had image transition so you could see more than one static pic of a level) ... I mean seriously these are user created levels that are fantastic ... things people are doing for free in their spare time and you folks are complaining about the lack of a preview pic?

Man some folks really do not have a clue and don't know how to appreciate fantastic free content. Well when you can make something even half this excellent and you put it out for the folks to have maybe I will listen but for now you people sound silly. Honestly. Man some of you PC gamers are becoming so spoiled ... NONE of the PS3 maps that are user made have preview pics and yet that sure isn't stopping the PS3 gamers from having lots of fun, giving praise about the actual level itself and definitely isn't disappointing people. Take a page out of their book.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah i noticed the lack of preview image too, kinda disappointing. I'm pretty particular about things like that. Looks messy in the map selection list

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems like you botched the preview image from the first version, it's missing here. :s

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the placement of the armor the way it is now ... its very logical imo and spread out far enough so that if you are playing a match with skilled bots or players its not that easy to get both the vest and the thigh pads as suggested. I think the placement is fine as one is near the flak location so on the way to the Flak you grab that and then on the way to the RL you get the thigh pads. On a level this size its not like the armor will ever be all that far apart. For the size it works well. And the helmet is not just for sniper rifle protection ... it works just as well as any other armor. Anyway its good as is imo and really there is no need for a shield belt to be on every single level. Finally a great level that doesn't rely on a shield belt but makes players work a little bit more instead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taffy View Post
    I would do one of three things to make it perfect. And I only comment because this is one of the very few maps that IMO has outstanding gameplay potential.

1) As mentioned, eliminate the helmet and place the thigh pads where the helmet was.

2) Remove both the helmet and the thigh pads and put a belt where the helmet was.

3) Add a sniper rifle and relocate the thigh pads. I don't have any suggestions where right now because Taffy's TDM is down. Midnight gaming is upgrading the servers, including relocating the optical redirect from LA to Chicago! When the server comes back up I'll let ya know.

I like option 2, personally. But 3 is good also.

Great map Plutonic - really enjoyed this one. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X