No announcement yet.

DM-Marauder Second Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats is the best dm custom map i have ever seen befor. HUGE respect dude.

Comment

I'd remove the hemet and put the thigh pads where the helmet was. The vest and thigh pads are too close together. Other than that it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
        I'd remove the hemet and put the thigh pads where the helmet was. The vest and thigh pads are too close together. Other than that it's great.
        All the armor powerups are there for purpose. He manage to disperse the armor powerups everywhere. So instead of focussing of concentrating the action only in 1 place (vest), the players must always move to get some protection. The map as more flow and gameplay that way. Every sector of the map worth to be cover.

More, it is not because there isn't a SR that the helmet doesn't belong there, it's only to add a little more protection

You can read the beta thread to get all the dev info

Comment

That was my entire point. The 30 is almost right on top of the 50. I can see the 30 from the 50 and if both are there I can get them both in about 3-5 seconds. They aren't dispersed adequately.

As for the helmet, it's original intention was to prevent a sniper headshot. Without a sniper it seems almost pointless.

Whatever, I don't map so my comments aren't very valid.

Comment

...Whatever, I don't map so my comments aren't very valid.
            Hey That is 100% misconception my friend, constructive comments are always welcomed. I don't map either but if I can help the mappers in a good way, suggesting ideas, bugs, wathever, the fact that you map or not doesn't matter.

I follow that map since the 3D buzz contest (original version before the SE) and he made this addition lately from players feedback. I do think that the way they are disposed (sort of triangle way) and the distance between them are adequate, I mean you have ±6 secs between the tights and helmet, ±6 secs between the helmet and vest and ±8 secs between tights and vest. I don't really think that 10 points difference between the tights/helmet change something to the flow and/or gameplay but that is me.

Anyway, your point is as valid as mine and the last word depend only on the mapper. But, don't hesitate to comment maps, it really help them enhanced there work of art

Cheers

Comment

I would do one of three things to make it perfect. And I only comment because this is one of the very few maps that IMO has outstanding gameplay potential.

1) As mentioned, eliminate the helmet and place the thigh pads where the helmet was.

2) Remove both the helmet and the thigh pads and put a belt where the helmet was.

3) Add a sniper rifle and relocate the thigh pads. I don't have any suggestions where right now because Taffy's TDM is down. Midnight gaming is upgrading the servers, including relocating the optical redirect from LA to Chicago! When the server comes back up I'll let ya know.

Comment

I would do one of three things to make it perfect. And I only comment because this is one of the very few maps that IMO has outstanding gameplay potential.

1) As mentioned, eliminate the helmet and place the thigh pads where the helmet was.

2) Remove both the helmet and the thigh pads and put a belt where the helmet was.

3) Add a sniper rifle and relocate the thigh pads. I don't have any suggestions where right now because Taffy's TDM is down. Midnight gaming is upgrading the servers, including relocating the optical redirect from LA to Chicago! When the server comes back up I'll let ya know.

I like option 2, personally. But 3 is good also.

Great map Plutonic - really enjoyed this one. Thanks!

Comment

I like the placement of the armor the way it is now ... its very logical imo and spread out far enough so that if you are playing a match with skilled bots or players its not that easy to get both the vest and the thigh pads as suggested. I think the placement is fine as one is near the flak location so on the way to the Flak you grab that and then on the way to the RL you get the thigh pads. On a level this size its not like the armor will ever be all that far apart. For the size it works well. And the helmet is not just for sniper rifle protection ... it works just as well as any other armor. Anyway its good as is imo and really there is no need for a shield belt to be on every single level. Finally a great level that doesn't rely on a shield belt but makes players work a little bit more instead.

Comment

It seems like you botched the preview image from the first version, it's missing here. :s

Comment

yeah i noticed the lack of preview image too, kinda disappointing. I'm pretty particular about things like that. Looks messy in the map selection list

Comment

Originally posted by invanorm View Post
                        yeah i noticed the lack of preview image too, kinda disappointing. I'm pretty particular about things like that. Looks messy in the map selection list

And that really affects how you play a map or how a map looks etc. ... come on folks ... I think you guys are putting a bit too much emphasis on this preview pic (which is crappy anyways compared to UC2 and even UT2K4 which at least had image transition so you could see more than one static pic of a level) ... I mean seriously these are user created levels that are fantastic ... things people are doing for free in their spare time and you folks are complaining about the lack of a preview pic?

Man some folks really do not have a clue and don't know how to appreciate fantastic free content. Well when you can make something even half this excellent and you put it out for the folks to have maybe I will listen but for now you people sound silly. Honestly. Man some of you PC gamers are becoming so spoiled ... NONE of the PS3 maps that are user made have preview pics and yet that sure isn't stopping the PS3 gamers from having lots of fun, giving praise about the actual level itself and definitely isn't disappointing people. Take a page out of their book.

Comment

I like FragTastic's take on it in his post for Bret's DM-Grinder-RE map:

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                          woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo someones spent hundreds of hours making a map for me to download for FREE! THANK YOU bret, im looking fwd to trying this

Comment

Sxy map man, looks pro wd

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              And that really affects how you play a map or how a map looks etc. ... come on folks ... I think you guys are putting a bit too much emphasis on this preview pic (which is crappy anyways compared to UC2 and even UT2K4 which at least had image transition so you could see more than one static pic of a level) ... I mean seriously these are user created levels that are fantastic ... things people are doing for free in their spare time and you folks are complaining about the lack of a preview pic?

Man some folks really do not have a clue and don't know how to appreciate fantastic free content. Well when you can make something even half this excellent and you put it out for the folks to have maybe I will listen but for now you people sound silly. Honestly. Man some of you PC gamers are becoming so spoiled ... NONE of the PS3 maps that are user made have preview pics and yet that sure isn't stopping the PS3 gamers from having lots of fun, giving praise about the actual level itself and definitely isn't disappointing people. Take a page out of their book.
                              Hey don't get me wrong, this is indeed a fantastic map. I love the layout and the visual style - it's definately a keeper.

It's just that a preview pic adds polish, and makes it easier to pick the map in the list. Its more of a psychological thing, if the map is missing a preview pic it looks unfinished, even if the map itself is awesome. Plus, apparently its pretty easy to implement... but I don't want to get in to a squabble over this. Its already all been discussed before.

Comment

ADDING THE PREVIEW SCREEN

I don't have that problem because I applied the fix at the time. I want to share the info here for those interested.

I've forgot that the map didn't have a preview pic by default. Now since others have complaining about that, I redownload the map to see what is appening. Brief, he only forgot to change the INI parameters when he release the SE version.

The INI is the old version (without the SE), simply edit "DM-Marauder-SE.ini" and make sure that you're "PreviewImageMarkup" is as follow : DM-Marauder-SE.MapPic.map-pic-marauder instead of DM-Marauder.MapPic.map-pic-marauder. The trick is to add -SE in the line

Comment

Working...
                                X