Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-SteamTemple [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-SteamTemple [PC/PS3]

Name: DM-SteamTemple
    Version: Final
    Description: A fairly large deathmatch map with a gothic/steam-punk theme. Every 90 seconds a large machine towards centre of the map spits out either a UDamage, a Berserk, an Invisibility or, very rarely, an Invulnerability. Players can also jump from the large pistons at the back of the map or ride the many jets of steam to reach high places.
    Players: 4-8
    Credits: All Epic stock assets aside from one custom gear mesh with a custom texture. Thanks also to all those who gave helpful feedback and suggestions for the beta versions, who helped me improve the map significantly.

PC Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+SteamT.../fileinfo.html
    PS3 Download: http://www.ut3mod.com/2009/03/deathm...eamtemple.html

Screenshots:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/...oauyckdujk.jpg
    http://static2.filefront.com/images/...ruicorwkpl.jpg

Comments:
    This is a much more polished version of the map I created for the 3D Buzz Old School Unreal contest. The goal was to make a unique and atmospheric environment with only stock assets (as per the rules of the contest), where players felt like they were inside a machine, surrounded by noise and motion.

Here's what's changed since the last beta:

- Added a second lift to the upper level.
    - Moved around/added some minor pickups. Changed the thigh pads to a helmet and switched the other helmet with an armour vest.
    - Various collision improvements.
    - Added reverb volumes and made some sound tweaks.
    - Replaced one of the Shock rifles with an Enforcer pickup (thanks to Bebo for the method, and stevelois for the suggestion).
    - Increased air control on the higher steam jump pads, so you can steer to different parts of the walkways while flying.
    - Large pistons now stay down twice as long, while the smaller ones have been nudged lower so they can be walked over while in the down position.
    - Added various extra details - litter, wires, etc.

Hope everyone enjoys it.

I been waiting for the final version, downloadong now!!!

Comment

Awesome map, definitely one of my favorites.

Comment

Sweet stuff, not many insane changes from beta 2... but its still great.

Comment

Wonderful map. Perfect size to me. One of the best maps out.
          My only gripe is bots don't do much more that bob up and down on the air lifts at the center of the map.
          Sure wish this was improved.

Comment

Excellent work. Thanks!

Comment

Looks nice, downloading....

Comment

Reading the list of added/tweaking things since the B2, it is very interesting and I'm very happy that you add the Dual Enforcer

THX very much Setheran for the map, another keeper

Comment

yay. Look forward to trying out the final!

Comment

ps3 version works and the map is sweet!, great job!

Comment

**** you, i just thought about making a steampunk map! lol

good work.

Comment

original look! Very Very NICE !

*thombes UP*

here u can find more pics by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                          Wonderful map. Perfect size to me. One of the best maps out.
                          My only gripe is bots don't do much more that bob up and down on the air lifts at the center of the map.
                          Sure wish this was improved.
                          Any comments on the issue with bots hovering around the air lifts? This is one great map but without the bots roaming the map, it may not be a keeper for me (and I want to play bot matches on it!!!).

Comment

It's not been a big issue in my testing. Sometimes they'll bounce two or three times before moving on, but they never get stuck completely and at worst it just slows them down. The only thing I could do to fix it would be to move the jump targets more towards the centre of the walkway, but then it'd feel unnatural as you were bounced diagonally rather than vertically as you'd expect to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
                              It's not been a big issue in my testing. Sometimes they'll bounce two or three times before moving on, but they never get stuck completely and at worst it just slows them down. The only thing I could do to fix it would be to move the jump targets more towards the centre of the walkway, but then it'd feel unnatural as you were bounced diagonally rather than vertically as you'd expect to be.
                              Rather that focus on looking for the bots at the air lifts, run around the map and see if the bots are traveling all around it. That's where I see the issue. It's not that the bots are "stuck" on the air lifts, It's they pay so much attention to them that they do not travel around the map. To me it's very noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X