WAR-Beachfront[Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    go to ut3gow.com it should be up in the downloads section. as a matter of fact, here ya go http://www.ut3gow.com/WAR-Beachfront

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Link is down?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like an old UT2k4 map that I loved to play... Time to get busy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _N_ View Post
    One of the things I kept in mind whilst designing the map was the many common UT3 complaints that I heard. Such as "UT3 maps are dark" or "gloomy" or "terribly blurry". I decided to tackle this misconception head-on and envisioned my map as an ideal day at the beach: bright, sunny, and clear!
    I totally feel the inspiration behind your chain of thought & judging by the screenshots, I believe that you have succeeded. I'm on the PS3 & I'd love to play this map.

Keep in touch with GOW_Nootsac & see if you guys can work something out. I'd be more than happy to playtest the map for you & provide helpful feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love this map! Looks great and is perfect fun for infantry and Vehicle lovers alike! BTW: Any chance you could add some air combat, as well as make the SMPA able to shoot higher then 8 feet over it's self? I't makes the idea of long range arty totaly pointless if you can't even attack from more then 30m away from your target. At that distance they can see you plain as day and often the SMPA gets blowen up before it even comes into play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice looking map, and fun playing.

We have been testing it lately at T5K and everyone was happy with it.

One small detail to consider: The handrail around core are somewhat annoying on the long run. Especially on the catwalk If you ever re-revisit the map, maybe taking this note into consideration.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it so mutch!!!! You the best

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From the pics this is a great looking map.
    I personaly love bright levels i feel too many games are too dark and or muddy looking.

I hope more people follow this path.

I really hope someone can cook this for the ps3.
    If not i look forward to any future maps with this look that could end up on the ps3.

back in the day i made farcry map atlantis for xbox that was a island with underwater mazes that led to the best items.

I think it would be cool to have a map like this with some under water play mechanics.

For now i will keep my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll have to agree with MoonBlood. This is still one of my favorite maps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this map is really bright like it!Better than ut3's map so dark and so little coler =(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can take out the levi easily by taking out the node that spawns it. If that node goes down, levi goes boom. That center node is almost not worth messing with. Though, having said that, in one game online, the other team raped our core with a direct levi shot.

The open core can be a bit of a problem, especially if the other team has taken your center/tank node. It can be difficult getting out of the spawn area with tanks blasting the core from a distance.

I'm not sure I like the redeemers at the base. Maybe as more people learn about them, it'll be fine, but in a game yesterday, I ran into the enemy core area, grabbed their redeemer and blasted their core with it. Seems like too powerful a weapon to have right there by the core though.

It's an absolutely great map though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love this map, and can't understand why admins don't have it on servers.

My only thoughts were that why are there no turrets at all, will the central levi overpower things, and is the core building too exposed makign the endgame too fast?

I haven't played it online so I don't know the answers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MAD! Totally SWEET!

Kudos to you m'boy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _N_ View Post
    As for the side windows, the reason you get stuck is because it's too narrow to stand in, so you remained crouched, and while you're crouched, you can't fall off ledges, so you get "stuck" when you try to walk off the edge. If you want to go through the side windows, the tradeoff is that you need to use the shock rifle or impact hammer to knock yourself out of it .
    planned it that way didya? bastid hope to see the other issues there fixed soon, i still love the map, its up in my top 3 now :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by par1ah View Post
    really love this map, been playin it all the time on umg, though ive noticed a few lil issues, mainly with the redeemer, and it not doing a **** thing indoors ive even point blank shot someone with it in the deemer area, enemy just fell down, neither of us got hurt from it..if you fire it into the cliff side node areas, or in the bunker areas it also doesnt do damage.

also, in the bunker, apparently if you fire avril from inside the bunker, it wont track the vehicle it was aimed at, and lastly, the lil side windows in the bunker, you can jump up into it, but then you get stuck, cant get outside.. any chance of these being fixed? otherwise an awesome map man
    Yeah, I've noticed the redeemer issue too, but I have absolutely no idea what's causing it I can only imagine it has something to do with the way UT3 calculates splash damage occlusion; it seems to be very inaccurate in tight, indoor environments. I guess we'll just have to hope this is fixed in patch 1.4 .

As for Avrils, I noticed that they've got funky collision too... It might help to take a step back from the bunker slit before you fire your avril. As for the side windows, the reason you get stuck is because it's too narrow to stand in, so you remained crouched, and while you're crouched, you can't fall off ledges, so you get "stuck" when you try to walk off the edge. If you want to go through the side windows, the tradeoff is that you need to use the shock rifle or impact hammer to knock yourself out of it .

But yeah, thanks for the bug report. They're all legitimate bugs and I'll keep looking for solutions to try to counter-act them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X