WAR-Beachfront[Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Map!

Thank you for this excellent map! I played it on my PS3 last night (with bots) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was quite impressed with how realistic the leaves & tall grass near the waterfall looked. The water was quite a treat to behold as well. It kept on distracting me because I kept on admiring it! Also, hiding a redeemer under the waterfall was quite clever. I noticed a small glitch: when my character tried to stay close to the outside walls of the bunker closest to the tall leaves & grass, he looked like he was "stuck". This problem went away as soon as I moved my character away from those walls.

Comment

I really do not like the goliaths, they are like big snipers and the bots allways kill me, you don't have to take them off but it would be nice, for now I will just use a mutator.

Comment

I'll definitly try it out and give you my thoughts, but just looking at the screen shots one really great thing you did was show a picture of the map layout.

Comment

Can the trees static meshes and the water/sand textures become downloadable?

I would love to use them :P

Comment

Hey everyone,

Sorry I disappeared there for a bit but I'm currently madly working on my next UT3 map, trying to get in done in time for the phase 2 deadline. I'm not sure if I can... it's gonna be close There have been many late nights for me. Also, I plan to submit an updated version of Beachfront too. It's not going to be very noticably different from version 1.3 (besides some bug fixes) but will have significant changes compared to version 1.0 (which I submitted to phase 1). I'll also release a new PS3 version too.

Originally posted by eldraco View Post
            great map, but are you using unlit textures?
            Nope, in fact I don't even know how to make textures unlit in UT3 (without editting the material itself). In fact, the map doesn't even have an ambient light (skylight) in it which would actually have probably made things easier.

Originally posted by B5GkarNarn View Post
            Thank you for this excellent map! I played it on my PS3 last night (with bots) and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was quite impressed with how realistic the leaves & tall grass near the waterfall looked. The water was quite a treat to behold as well. It kept on distracting me because I kept on admiring it! Also, hiding a redeemer under the waterfall was quite clever. I noticed a small glitch: when my character tried to stay close to the outside walls of the bunker closest to the tall leaves & grass, he looked like he was "stuck". This problem went away as soon as I moved my character away from those walls.
            Hmm, I'll try this out and see if it's something I can fix for the next version.

Originally posted by Oliebol View Post
            Can the trees static meshes and the water/sand textures become downloadable?

I would love to use them :P
            As I mentioned in my original post, the trees, shrubs, and even boulders are all assets I ported over from UT2004. Just open ONS-Islandhop.ut2 in Unrealed, and export the meshes you want .

Comment

can I download this from a ps3 browser?

Comment

I want a WW2 version of this map, included with half buried roadblocks, machine guns in the nests and cover for the middle, along with less tanks, but that is just me.

Comment

Awesome map I like it.

Comment

filefront link is dead !!!

I fund one !
                    V1.3
                    http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7077

Comment

Alright, I have it downloaded, very good map. Battles are slow to start but you can have some truly epic moments! Nothing like slaughtering a bunch of tanks with the Leviathan ! Only problem I would say is that they're WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many arvils. Srsly, one time an enemy leviathan spawned and as soon as a bad guy began to operate it, thousands upon thousands of avrils owned it. Reduce the number avrils please.

Comment

Hurricane it's final... Means no changes.
                        People must learn to play beta versions so they can give their opinion about changes.

Comment

Dang, oh well. Still an awesome map.

Comment

WOW
                            Very beautiful
                            Thank you very much
                            It's look like Crysis

Comment

Originally posted by NNNER View Post
                              WOW
                              Very beautiful
                              Thank you very much
                              It's look like Crysis
                              Don't even joke lol

Comment

Well, hopefully this is the final edit; someone just pointed out that I forgot to add the link to the PS3 version so I included it. The update for the PC is very minor; it simply fixes the issue where redeemers seem to not harm the nodes in the bunkers (which is actually due to the general UT3 bug where redeemers do no damage if they explode near a ceiling (affects all UT3 maps, try shooting a redeemer into a ceiling, you'll see )).

Comment

Working...
                                X