No announcement yet.

WAR-Beachfront[Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this map, and can't understand why admins don't have it on servers.

My only thoughts were that why are there no turrets at all, will the central levi overpower things, and is the core building too exposed makign the endgame too fast?

I haven't played it online so I don't know the answers.

Comment

You can take out the levi easily by taking out the node that spawns it. If that node goes down, levi goes boom. That center node is almost not worth messing with. Though, having said that, in one game online, the other team raped our core with a direct levi shot.

The open core can be a bit of a problem, especially if the other team has taken your center/tank node. It can be difficult getting out of the spawn area with tanks blasting the core from a distance.

I'm not sure I like the redeemers at the base. Maybe as more people learn about them, it'll be fine, but in a game yesterday, I ran into the enemy core area, grabbed their redeemer and blasted their core with it. Seems like too powerful a weapon to have right there by the core though.

It's an absolutely great map though.

Comment

this map is really bright like it!Better than ut3's map so dark and so little coler =(

Comment

I'll have to agree with MoonBlood. This is still one of my favorite maps!

Comment

From the pics this is a great looking map.
            I personaly love bright levels i feel too many games are too dark and or muddy looking.

I hope more people follow this path.

I really hope someone can cook this for the ps3.
            If not i look forward to any future maps with this look that could end up on the ps3.

back in the day i made farcry map atlantis for xbox that was a island with underwater mazes that led to the best items.

I think it would be cool to have a map like this with some under water play mechanics.

For now i will keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it so mutch!!!! You the best

Comment

Very nice looking map, and fun playing.

We have been testing it lately at T5K and everyone was happy with it.

One small detail to consider: The handrail around core are somewhat annoying on the long run. Especially on the catwalk If you ever re-revisit the map, maybe taking this note into consideration.

Thanks

Comment

I love this map! Looks great and is perfect fun for infantry and Vehicle lovers alike! BTW: Any chance you could add some air combat, as well as make the SMPA able to shoot higher then 8 feet over it's self? I't makes the idea of long range arty totaly pointless if you can't even attack from more then 30m away from your target. At that distance they can see you plain as day and often the SMPA gets blowen up before it even comes into play.

Comment

Originally posted by _N_ View Post
                    One of the things I kept in mind whilst designing the map was the many common UT3 complaints that I heard. Such as "UT3 maps are dark" or "gloomy" or "terribly blurry". I decided to tackle this misconception head-on and envisioned my map as an ideal day at the beach: bright, sunny, and clear!
                    I totally feel the inspiration behind your chain of thought & judging by the screenshots, I believe that you have succeeded. I'm on the PS3 & I'd love to play this map.

Keep in touch with GOW_Nootsac & see if you guys can work something out. I'd be more than happy to playtest the map for you & provide helpful feedback.

Comment

Looks like an old UT2k4 map that I loved to play... Time to get busy

Comment

Link is down?

Comment

go to ut3gow.com it should be up in the downloads section. as a matter of fact, here ya go http://www.ut3gow.com/WAR-Beachfront

Comment

Hey maybe some turrets in the nests would be a nice touch instead of snipers, along with some iron road blocks half covered in the sand that had sort of WW2 feel that would kick *** man.

Comment

this looks like crysis even if not with the same graphics. anyway... nice map! this is really original! are you planning to make a DM version of this map?

Comment

great map, but are you using unlit textures?

Comment

Working...
                                X