WAR-Beachfront[Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _N_ View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping to post sooner too but lost track of time... Still, it was a great custom map party all the same. The most fun I've had on UT3 in a long time

"Next one" you say? Any clue as to when that might be? I really look forward to it!
    T5k has plans to host a map party. Check here for details: http://www.t5k-clan.com/modules.php?...viewforum&f=52

I've recommended they include your map. BGE will probably do one more just because it was such a fun community event, but hopefully after patch 1.3 we won't need such events to stimulate people into playing customs.

Comment

Looks like a sweet map and thank ya bclagge for giving me a link.

We plan to have 16v16 and 12v12 on Sept 6, 2008 and DemoRec the matches to make a movie for download to the UT3 Community.

I am working hard to get things organized and hope to fill the servers.

I am downloading your map and will post a link in my T5K Forums.

Thank you and hope to see you there.

Comment

Thanks for the links and info bclagge and Dozinator!

I definitely look forward to them! It's great to finally see some servers hosting custom content as that's what really keeps the game community going strong over the years. I mean, we mappers can make all the custom maps we want, but without servers admins like you guys, they'd never see the light of day .

Many thanks!

Comment

Awesome, downloading now.
          Do the bots detect you while you're hiding in the grass as easily as they normally do, or do they actually have to "Look closely" to see if you're hiding in there?

Comment

Ah, well unfortunately, bot vision seems only to be blocked by objects with collision, so I think they can still see you through foliage. I looked for any tricks that might help change this, but came up empty...

Comment

that map looks fantastic!!

Comment

yes! that's exactly what I was thinking chilau1! finally a lovely map bursting with colour! UT3 has gorgeous, awesome maps but a lot of them don't have that much colour! anyway that map looks fantastic!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've incorporated it into the latest version (1.3) which addresses a few more audio and lighting issues.

Heh, I guess a mapper's job is never done.

Comment

Nice map!!!!this definetly reminds me of the old island hop/ battlefield. I was really looking forward to cooking this for ps3 but it keeps giving me errors and crashing in the editor. Any way u can cook this for us? If u cant thats fine I guess ill just have to settle for the oc version. O and if u have questions on how to cook let me know. I can show u the basics. thanks again homie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
                      Nice map!!!!this definetly reminds me of the old island hop/ battlefield. I was really looking forward to cooking this for ps3 but it keeps giving me errors and crashing in the editor. Any way u can cook this for us? If u cant thats fine I guess ill just have to settle for the oc version. O and if u have questions on how to cook let me know. I can show u the basics. thanks again homie!!!
                      Hmm, actually, yeah, I was hoping someone might explain how to cook maps for the PS3. I don't actually own one though, so I'd need someone else to test it for me. Any help would be great .

Comment

real nice!
                        *downloading...*

Comment

really love this map, been playin it all the time on umg, though ive noticed a few lil issues, mainly with the redeemer, and it not doing a **** thing indoors ive even point blank shot someone with it in the deemer area, enemy just fell down, neither of us got hurt from it..if you fire it into the cliff side node areas, or in the bunker areas it also doesnt do damage.

also, in the bunker, apparently if you fire avril from inside the bunker, it wont track the vehicle it was aimed at, and lastly, the lil side windows in the bunker, you can jump up into it, but then you get stuck, cant get outside.. any chance of these being fixed? otherwise an awesome map man

Comment

Originally posted by par1ah View Post
                            really love this map, been playin it all the time on umg, though ive noticed a few lil issues, mainly with the redeemer, and it not doing a **** thing indoors ive even point blank shot someone with it in the deemer area, enemy just fell down, neither of us got hurt from it..if you fire it into the cliff side node areas, or in the bunker areas it also doesnt do damage.

also, in the bunker, apparently if you fire avril from inside the bunker, it wont track the vehicle it was aimed at, and lastly, the lil side windows in the bunker, you can jump up into it, but then you get stuck, cant get outside.. any chance of these being fixed? otherwise an awesome map man
                            Yeah, I've noticed the redeemer issue too, but I have absolutely no idea what's causing it I can only imagine it has something to do with the way UT3 calculates splash damage occlusion; it seems to be very inaccurate in tight, indoor environments. I guess we'll just have to hope this is fixed in patch 1.4 .

As for Avrils, I noticed that they've got funky collision too... It might help to take a step back from the bunker slit before you fire your avril. As for the side windows, the reason you get stuck is because it's too narrow to stand in, so you remained crouched, and while you're crouched, you can't fall off ledges, so you get "stuck" when you try to walk off the edge. If you want to go through the side windows, the tradeoff is that you need to use the shock rifle or impact hammer to knock yourself out of it .

But yeah, thanks for the bug report. They're all legitimate bugs and I'll keep looking for solutions to try to counter-act them.

Comment

Originally posted by _N_ View Post
                              As for the side windows, the reason you get stuck is because it's too narrow to stand in, so you remained crouched, and while you're crouched, you can't fall off ledges, so you get "stuck" when you try to walk off the edge. If you want to go through the side windows, the tradeoff is that you need to use the shock rifle or impact hammer to knock yourself out of it .
                              planned it that way didya? bastid hope to see the other issues there fixed soon, i still love the map, its up in my top 3 now :P

Comment

MAD! Totally SWEET!

Kudos to you m'boy

Comment

Working...
                                X