• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-CrudeOcean

Name: VCTF-CrudeOcean
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: Patch 1.2

Description: The water tastes like sulphur and the heavy air burns your eyes. We don't blame the miners for leaving so quickly now that the oil reserves are depleted. Welcome to the Liandri Mining Corporation's offshore site, aptly named CrudeOcean. It takes three days to fly here from the nearest land mass, but the wait just makes the Tournament participants even more aggravated. Expect to see some fast, violent and sometimes wet matches here. Care for a swim?

Comments: Three Oil-rigs, connected by bridges. More routes to cap the flag than you can shake a stick at. Large player count recommended.
    Credits: Loads of peoples.

Screenshots:
    More screenies welcome

Download:
    Please see VCTF-CrudeOcean_SE

WOW, pics look great, downloading it now.

Comment

Hello, a good map, i place your beta map (RC1 et RC2).
      RC1 is very good, the map change and i place the final version and when i want to go on,
      (unrealword.fr server) i have this why?

Comment

Thank you for the information Badtrip. I have examined the file and do not see any glarring errors. The only difference between the final and the previous RC2 is that this has a minimap, which is not the cause of the problem. Seeing that the ladder worked in the previous version fine I can only conclude that there must have been an error while publishing the final.

I have removed the final that appeared to not be working, and have re-cooked and re-uploaded the map again. I have tested the map and it is fully independant and does not require SWLadderVolume.u

Problem should now be resolved.

If you downloaded the previous version before I removed it please delete it and get the current one. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Comment

Thanks Eky, looks good!

Comment

Nice map.............

Comment

cool map downloading

Comment

i have the same problem as reported by everyone else. It wont work online because of the ladder error. isn't this was the same ladder fix that was used on aggressive alleys classic? anyway it would be nice to get a fix for that so we can run it on servers..

thanks,
                dave

Comment

If you downloaded as soon as I made this thread, delete it, re-download, and try again.

Comment

I get same message also, I deleted the first DL I did yesturday and Downloaded the one posted today and got same error message.

Comment

There's sooo much blur in there that's it's pretty unpleasant to watch.

Comment

Hi TypeKill, were you trying to connect to a server? If the server still has the faulty file then that error would still happen, regardless of whether you have the right file or not.

Comment

I installed it to my server and tried to enter

Comment

just dropping back by to confirm that this map is now working online. If you have had the errors posted in prior posts then trash the version you currently have and re download it. This has indeed been updated and definitely works fine.

nice map man, I like the amount of passages/routes. Not a large map, though there are so many z axis levels it seems very large. Also the openness of it helps to trak runners, nice job man.

Comment

I just overwote the original version with the latest and had a clanmate join the server. He wrote back that he could NOT join due to "connection failed "SWLadderVolume" error opening file".

He had niether version preloaded on his client.

Comment

Working...
                              X