• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Basically [PC] [Pics] [Final]

Name: VCTF-Basically
    Version: Final V1.0
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3
    Description: Basically this level is pretty basic =] A fun map, small and action packed. Flags are usually taken, so return timing is critical.
    Comments: Conversion of the popular UT2k4 map, with kind permission of +evergreen+. A few changes for UT3 playability.
    Credits: +evergreen+, Hourences for the textures, Hyperion / Solarsys for UT3Converter, me for the conversion : )
    Download: Download PC (MediaFire)

Screenshots:

omfg this is one of my favorite maps from 2k4

Comment

Looks different and looks good. I like that jump ramp in front of the scorpion. Cheers Plugh.

Comment

You forgot to credit Hourences for the textures.

Comment

Ah, I never realised Hourences made the textures, thanks man.

Comment

Installed on server.. nice job man thanks!

Comment

Is it a straight 1:1 conversion?

Comment

Almost, I had to tweak some of the BSP to be usable (ramps n stuff), I removed the vehicle boosts due to the built in scorpion boost (they hardly ever worked online anyway), added a couple of low grav volumes across the upper platforms to allow dodging across to replace the dodgejump. The jumppads have a slightly longer time on them, to allow the jump up to the upper level, lowered the platforms for the Mega Health packs, and added a berserk and invisibility to the sides of the centre ramp to replace the Adrenaline. Moved some of the Mini-Healths to replace the adrenaline too. Also I added a ForceDirectionVolume at the top to replace the Stallz, Stallz in ut3 do strange things to redeemers, either prevent them from spawning, or make them divebomb when you fire them. Added a pair of jumpboots to each base, just behind the centre upright, which kinda replace the Adrenaline speedup escape from the bases. The scale is pretty much 1:1.

Comment

Great choice! I am gonna load it up on the server tonight. This was a 2k4 fave for sure.

Comment

dude nice job! lol it is exactly as it was.. Players will appreciate that a lot for sure!

Comment

Cool, I didn't want to detract from it in any way, when I asked for permission from evergreen, I stipulated that I wanted to keep it as much like the original as possible, I also asked and got permission to convert Binary Space, and when i get time I will do so : )

Comment

oh hell yea! ...dude it already has a home!!

Comment

Ugly graphics, but awesome gameplay! Keep up the good work!

I added your map to this server ( EU ):

Comment

Mirror

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...-Basically.zip

Comment

really old thread, but ive just gotta say, anarchy and this one are my favorite map

Comment

Working...
                              X