credits
    ------------------------

Title : vCTF-HostilityArena
    Version : 1.0
    Date Compiled : July 25 2008
    Filename : vCTF-HostilityArena.ut3
    Author(s) : Dave"[pbg]BlockHead"Neun
    Email Address : pbg.blockhead@gmail.com

Other levels by author : ONS-[pbg]GodsSandBoxNightFinal, ONS-TheHouse[pbg]Remix, ONS-[pbg]RunAmukJunior, VCTF-[pbg]-Crown-Of-ThornZ, VCTF-[pbg]-LegoSpaceBase2k6
    CTF-[pbg]Head2HeadPinBallWarz, VCTF-[pbg]-DayAfterNext, VCTF-WS-SixBridges
    Props to : UNREALLOCO for pushing me to bring this map into UT3 and for being one of the
    guys responsible for my releasing it, and the rest of the victims... you know who you are.... epic

================================================== ==============
    usage
    ------------------------
    --- Play Information ---
    Game : Unreal Tournament 3
    Level Name : VCTF-HostilityArena
    Single Player : w/bots
    Compatibility : Patch 1.2+ Retail UT3
    New Sounds : No
    New Textures : Yes
    New StaticMeshes/Models : Yes
    NewUnrealScript : No

HighDetail settings : Yes

Know bugs : none
    Recommended players : 1 to 24 +

--- Construction ---
    Editor used : UnrealED / PhotoShop
    Construction Time : about 26 hours

Installation
    ------------
    add the .ut3 & the .ini files in C:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

add the .upk files in C:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC

================================================== =============
    Description
    -----------

Very Small scale Indoor Arena map with 4 vipers and 2 Nemisis Tanks. Themed mid "evil," this is a crazy
    little arena that is essentially a long, tall arena split by a middle bridge as well as curved archways
    on both base sides. On the small size, but has no problem with crowds of 24 or more. Done similar to
    CTF-Joust or CTF-Thorns where you spawn next to the enemy flag. Good luck getting it home though as
    there are a million reasons why it is no easy task.

In an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of the planet earth. Team [pbg] has set up another new training camp for people new and
    old alike to regain lost skillz. Or try to stay alive long enough to help score a flag cap. The warehouse was referred
    to as HostilityArena in the past but has since been resurrected into a whole new realm of Bloodshed.

Copyright / Permissions
    -----------------------

This Map is copyright powered by gas dot net [pbg] clan, © 2008 www.poweredbygas.net
    email: pbg.blockhead@gmail.com
    or: pbg.admin@gmail.com

Authors other than those from the [pbg] clan http://www.poweredbygas.net may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
    Custom Textures may not be used without authors permission.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD
    or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit
    permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (internet,
    FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
    intact, and do not charge a fee for access to this file.

----------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS PC:

PC-Version Update
    -----------------------

DOWNLOAD LINK PS3

PS3-DOWNLOAD Temporarily disabled

------------------------

whoa hold on a sec i have one bad texture.. i am disabling the download for an hour or so to fix this

sorry bout that

Comment

okay it is fixed... again sorry to the few people that downloaded it already my bad, if you look at the pix there is a missing texture on the side walls at the floor level.. ouch. Shakin my head that I didn't notice, anyways it is ok now.

Comment

Links won't let me download.

Comment

Originally posted by xfuture View Post
          Links won't let me download.
          sorry bout that man there was a problem as my site for some reason, Think I might have botched it when I uploaded the PS3 version. It is fixed now sorry for the confusion.

Comment

sweet , thanks for the ps3 cook . map looks cool . im downloadn now

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
              sweet , thanks for the ps3 cook . map looks cool . im downloadn now

np on the ps cook to me it is part of publishing nowa dayz and should happen with anything that fits epics criteria for ps ports.

unfortunately the ps3 guys got a slightly altered version of this map due to my inability to get everything from the original into the ps3 version. Basically I had to swap out the team banners for different ones and modify the flag walls slightly. It still plays the same though as the changes were cosmetic only, and only on those two places. Anyway hope you like it

Comment

Maybe it got corrupted during the download for me - my PS3 hung while unpacking the mod; after a hard reset I disabled mods during startup & found that HostilityArena was in the My Content list; when I tried to re-enable mods the PS3 hung again. After another hard reset I disabled mods during startup, deleted HostilityArena, then found I could re-enable mods again successfully.

Has anyone else who's downloaded the PS3 version had the same problem? If not, I'll try downloading again, perhaps it got corrupted during the download

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3, hope to be able to play the map soon

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                  Maybe it got corrupted during the download for me - my PS3 hung while unpacking the mod; after a hard reset I disabled mods during startup & found that HostilityArena was in the My Content list; when I tried to re-enable mods the PS3 hung again. After another hard reset I disabled mods during startup, deleted HostilityArena, then found I could re-enable mods again successfully.

Has anyone else who's downloaded the PS3 version had the same problem? If not, I'll try downloading again, perhaps it got corrupted during the download

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3, hope to be able to play the map soon
                  thats weird, I tested the map on my ps3 prior to releasing it, and I actually had my punisher6 weapon in at that point as well...

can you list the mods you had running so i may download them and try to re create the issue here at home to try to figure out what isn't playing nice?

thanks for the feedback I really need more of that

dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
                    thats weird, I tested the map on my ps3 prior to releasing it, and I actually had my punisher6 weapon in at that point as well...

can you list the mods you had running so i may download them and try to re create the issue here at home to try to figure out what isn't playing nice?

thanks for the feedback I really need more of that

dave
                    I really appreciate the quick response & the offer Dave, but unfortunately I can't - I've got over 300 mods on my PS3! I deleted all my custom characters, just maps, mutators & game modes now installed, although I rarely use mutators and as yet I haven't tried any of the additional game modes. I'll download it again now, try uploading it again shortly & see if I still have the same problem

Thanks again for the offer though

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                      I've got over 300 mods on my PS3!
                      whoa holy .. um I was only referring to anything that would have been engaged while trying to play the map is all. If the mutators aren't chosen then they shouldn't effect anything. I will download it from my site and re install it in my ps3 to make sure everything is ok there as well . I want you to be able to play it for sure this is why I made it. So a bit of leg work is no trouble at all imo, and I am happy to help with regards to that. Anyway i will download and test it again from the file on the site to make sure it is ok and edit the post in a bit.
                      thanks for the info.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
                        um I was only referring to anything that would have been engaged while trying to play the map is all.
                        I know, and as I said, I really do appreciate it - that wasn't indignation, I'd go through & list all my maps but I wouldn't do that to you! You've already put in a hell of a lot of time & effort to create the map, plus taking the time to cook for PS3, so I really couldn't expect you to look through 300 mods just for one person having a problem!

I understand better what you were asking now though - it's very rare for me to run any mutators, but I was trying out the Punisher6 around the same time; whether I had it active when trying to upload HostilityArena, I honestly couldn't say. I know some custom characters cause problems simply by being installed, even if they're not being used - I wasn't able to run a couple of the Downtown-Necris betas until I deleted all my custom characters

I'll try it again now & post back

Comment

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemious View Post
                            Screenshots or it didn't happen.
                            Screenshots or what didn't happen?

Sorry Dave, it's happened again - I don't actually get to try the map, my PS3 locks up while importing & unpacking the mod, it never returns to the menu; I imagine that's why I can't re-enable the mods as HostilityArena can't have fully unpacked, it hangs after around five seconds of trying to unpack.

I'm going to disable all mods, delete HostilityArena & try to reimport it with mods disabled. I'll let you know how it goes

EDIT: Nope, sorry Dave - I deleted HostilityArena with mods disabled, then reimported it; the PS3 locked up for about 40 seconds, then went back to the My Content menu. Tried re-enabling mods - the PS3 locked up again, necessitating a hard reset

Seriously Dave, while I appreciate you looking into it, unless others are having the same problem don't spend too much time looking into it on my behalf - it's likely my fault for having too much stuff installed

Comment

I'm referring to the fact that you're saying you made this but have no proof. Its a pun.

Nice screens.

Comment

Working...
                              X