Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Hyraxis [V1.1][DL/Video]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe my settings are texture detail 3 and world detail 3. That might be the problem.

Comment

xViperAKx

Since I helped you in the beta, I know that there are some things that are there on purpose. Still, based on Luv_Studd comments, I redownload, replay the map today and I encounter the same issues as him.

All my settings are at max with PP to default.

Black mover : when you're on the floor where the lift is located and look at it, you can clearly see the reversed texture alignment. That could be fix (doesn't look right). The black mover appear when you had take the lift and now located on the second floor. The area is very dark indeed...

[screenshot]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/54/screenshot00002zp7.jpg[/screenshot]

I was got stuck in this elevator to. Indeed, if you're not centered on the lift, it will trap you in it's disco inferno. In my case, I position myself near the wall, the lift go up and down until I get out of the room :

[screenshot]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1474/screenshot00000yd1.jpg[/screenshot]

The ending teleporter, where I tried to go back into it, and go nowhere but behind it. I saw that in the beta and thought that was fix in the final (with the custom effects that you said that you'll had) :

[screenshot]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8224/screenshot00001wx1.jpg[/screenshot]

So anyway, I confirm these. It's not settings related.

Thx.

Comment

I think I might have to update for UT3 1.3, so that its visuals are up to date. I'll definitely get back to it in a few weeks since I'm almost entirely done building my new comp. Maybe that's the issue, anyways, after I make a few adjustments I'll be working on a new map based off of a book that I'm writing, the map will be called DM-Nerok, with an abandoned snowy surface, and a mechanized hell beneath.

Edit: Comparing the two settings has shown me that I might need to alter several of the light's detail settings from medium to low, so that there aren't any "Black" movers in the game. Also, two final adjustments will be made to ensure that the flow is better.

Comment

Hyraxis will have a re-release in a couple of hours. I'm altering a few things such as flow, sound and minor incentives for following specific pathways. Maybe I will add more rhyme and reason to some of the meshes. Later.

Comment

Ho, what a surprise , so you will continue the dev of this map then, great

Comment

Changelist
              - Fixed jump pad issues with platform leading to keg o' health
              - Altered lighting settings to ensure all lighting is seen
              - Increased velocity of Amp-accelerator
              - Fixed the teleport of NO RETURN. Still a one-way trip, but at least you're not left thinking that you can go back into it.

Comment

Changelist is nice

Comment

Love the map. We just put it on out VTDM server. It's a nice change to VTDM. Wonderful layout and love the Z-axis movement. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Download link broken. Anybody got a mirror?

Comment

Two people the better to get the download fixed I say.

Comment

Found one http://www.filefront.com/11512957/DM-Hyraxis/

Comment

Thanks! (ten chars)

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                            Thanks for allowing me to recover Hyraxis. The whole thing went *poof* when I had to format my hard drive. After that load of ****, I changed to windows 7, because Vista kept on using a faulty auto-update.

Comment

Hey, just curious if I have the newest version (from the filefront link)... the map is GREAT, but there's one portal (made of the metallic sheet) where instead of transporting me, it lets you into a little room that's empty. I assume this is a bug?

Otherwise, truly a fantastic map. Should have been one of the stock maps, I put this up there with Deimos!

EDIT: "Various issues with elevators and teleporters/jump pads - you can get stuck in them if you are against a wall. One teleporter takes you to a spot, but if you go back into the teleporter, you're left in a room and can't teleport back."

I see this was mentioned. So now you can just enter the blank room? Not sure if you're still working on the map or if I have an old version, but it seems it would make the most sense to either just make the portal go two ways (or on the other end where you can't go back, get rid of the metallic sheet) or maybe even add a distort effect when in that room, and a power up, so it doesn't just seem like a bug. Otherwise, awesome work...

Comment

I could go back and touch it up with some of the knowledge I've gained over the past two years... it does seem to need it. But I need to finish DM-Underwash. New projects come first.

Comment

Working...
                                X