Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Hi everyone. Welcome to my CTF-Dreary3 Release Thread.

Name: CTF-Dreary3
    Version: 1.1 for UT3
    Description: This is a very high detail map, If you cannot play EPICs maps then you may have trouble playing this map also.
    This map took roughly 3 months start to Finish.
    Full Bot Support in this level.
    Tested vigorously no bugs found.
    This is a remake of CTF-Dreary made for UT1.
    A lot of meshes have will be turned off for low end systems so hopefully that will help, but it should still look good.

Please visit this thread to read about the process of making this map or download some of the unseen images during development
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613869

DOWNLOAD: PC Version 1.1
    PS3 DOWNLOAD (Lower Detail to that of the PC version)

alternate PSP download as filefront keeps losing it
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n2cykgjeyyk

Thanks Anuban for the PS3 version

Screenshots:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3191/dreary38gg3.png
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1556/dreary31vd5.png

--------------------------
    CTF-Dreary3 Release notes:
    --------------------------

Title: CTF-Dreary3

Version: 1.1

Filename: CTF-Dreary3_1_1.zip

Author: Bryan Sparksman

Forum Name: bazzwano

Email Address: sparky_1309 at hotmail

Release Date: 24/7/2008

Start date: Beginning of May

-----------------------------------------------------
    Other maps By Author:

CTF-Safeguard v 2.0
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=611669

About the Author/map:

This is the second map that I have ever made. But I have been editing EPIC and user made maps since UT1 for my own personal use against bots.
    In comparison to CTF-Safeguard, a lot of time has been spent optimizing this map.

This map was made In many different stages, all in a separate UT3 file, which I tested individually, this came to a total of 8 files, Which were copied into a final file, no file was copied into this final joint file until I was satisfied that no further changes were to be made that would require a build. These 8 Files are the 8 folders I have in the making of Dreary3. Once in the Joint file. Bot pathing was added and a very basic room was created to link to all paths and was used to hold blue flag. I then tested how the red team would use these paths.
    Once satisfied, I would remove this basic room, select all, and spin the entire map a full 180 degrees. after changing the lights etc the blue base is bourn.

Special thanks to:

* Syphix, who sparked the lightning Idea in my map, Also for allowing me to modify his kismet controlling the
    soft thunder sounds into my level. (the lightning strike sounds is quite a bit modified based on Syphix's).

* All those who have given me support during the development of this map and safeguard.

* David, DGUNREAL for answering my difficult questions, big thanks to you.

* Thanks to EPIC and their well organised packages, Deck and Hydro were played a lot to get an idea of how they used their industry meshes.

Installation

Unzip CTF-Dreary3.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Bryan Sparksman.

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please Email me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Please tell me there will be a PS3 cook. I've been waiting for this map since you first started.

Comment

They say the devil is in the details, well in this map I think i'm staring right into the devil's eyes. Those screen shots not only look amazing, but they show some incredible glimpses into the detail work and effects that were placed into this sure-to-be masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by black_star View Post
        Please tell me there will be a PS3 cook. I've been waiting for this map since you first started.
        That is really kool to know, thanks for the support, I would like there to be, I trust anuban when It comes to the PS3 Cooks, so if he is happy to do this then im sure there will be.

We will see.

Thanks for the comments, ill be uploading when I get home (after one final playtest)

Comment

Been looking forward to this also, your attention to detail is matched only by a few other top modders and Epic themselves. I'll be eagerly waiting for a PS3 cook too.

Comment

adoreable work mate ... so much beauty and detail ... lets hope it plays as good as it looks ...2 thumbs up!!

Comment

Its available now sorry it took so long, flat mates hogging the net

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
              Been looking forward to this also, your attention to detail is matched only by a few other top modders and Epic themselves. I'll be eagerly waiting for a PS3 cook too.
              To be accurate, I over did it a bit, Epics most detailed maps, hold around 2 millions triangles.. safeguard was 2 million Dreary3 is 6 million, that's 3 times more, so I over shot the detail a bit to much.. Iv done all I can to optimize it so I hope everyone will be ok.. seems to run just as good as epics maps..

Comment

OK, I just played it and I must say, you did a wonderful job!
                I love the lightning effects, the rain coming through the windows and well, everything

5/5!

Comment

Going to download right now, its nice to see UT99 remakes likes this. Well done bazz. No doubt u did this map justice. PS what did u think of my CTf-Face][ remake.

Comment

woow cool remake works good thanxs

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                      \To be accurate, I over did it a bit, Epics most detailed maps, hold around 2 millions triangles.. safeguard was 2 million Dreary3 is 6 million, that's 3 times more, so I over shot the detail a bit to much.. Iv done all I can to optimize it so I hope everyone will be ok.. seems to run just as good as epics maps..
                      You really know how to make someone anticipate map don't you, all I can do is twiddle my thumbs while I read every ones comments on how awesome the map is. I just hope that the PS3 can handle the map.

Comment

Wonderful.

Comment

1st good lookin map wit this theme since deck.
                          look and lern.

nice remake
                          do we see it in the next epic mappack?

Comment

Very impressive attention to detail with the visuals!
                            I love the cramped feel that this level has.
                            Running through tight winding corridors trying to keep my eyes off the artistry so I don't get pwned by a bot around the next corner.
                            When you pack a fully loaded flak cannon it's a perfect level for making chunky bot gumbo...just the way mumma used to make it!

My hat off to you sir...job well done!!

Comment

Very nice work there Sparky...That's just awesome, a 1/2 second after hearing Godlike, a thunderclap shakes me outta my chair...

Comment

Working...
                              X