No announcement yet.

UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definately vote for a bazzwano remake of Morphious. Although there is already at least one that I know of already, I'm sure bazz would really go all out on it and create the one must-have version for ut3.

Plus, It was my fav map in ut2004 (and I do agree with following the ut99 version, although I have never played it, ut99 maps seem to work much better with the ut3 play style).

Comment

awesome!
      great map!
      *downloading right now!...*

Comment

Just downloaded this and took it for a spin, and its is very nice.

Proper Kung-Fu, well done bazz.

Comment

thanks for the comments..
          you "may" see one more map from me.. I dont think ill do morphious anymore..

im to busy playing descent: freespace 2

Comment

this is simply astonishing ! what a faithful remake, absolutely gorgeous map !

i've play all stevelois ctf suggested maps. they're all great. i must say that this one is my preferred. it beat all epic maps hands down and is the most polished ctf maps i've play so far !

thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you glad you like it.. im thinking about a new version of safeguard.. with a few changes also

Comment

I just discover this other map by you're signature I simply LOVE this map in every aspect

I'm speechless

Comment

thought it was about time I showed the concept art

Comment

It always amaze me when I see some concept arts like that and the final results after ! You should see the concept arts of DM-Shrift that Genthly shows me at the time. Man o man, it's like making a trip to the moon, the results are so far away lol !

So Ben, I was wondering if you have any other project on your concept table for us he he he ?

BTW, I know you know but I love all your works so far

If you want to do something smaller & different and DM-1on1 interest you a bit, you can check this thread http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...473#post574473. They are planing to do a DM-1on1 pack. I participate as a tester on this future pack. Any mappers are welcomed as far as I know and your skills are very appreciated by the community

Comment

Well if you really wana know

A MAP OF MY OWN DESIGN

yeh thats right, but this layout is just a mock, im trying to work out how the center area is going to work. then Im going to do the whole thing again before I get into meshing..

With this layout I thought about all the things I like about maps Iv played and Added them all into my map. for me, these include
                      • two based, facing one another with open ground in the center (think of TERRA, HYDRO, PROJECT X
                      • A sniper area that looks over the map
                      • A sniper Area that looks over the Flag (in my current layout this is also the same sniper area that looks out to the center of the map).
                      • A lift right behind the flag for sneek attacks.. think of TERRA but mine will be right behind it.
                      Its going to be CTF with translocators, but each base will get a scopion

PS: those are terible scetches.. just quick drawings while im working.. Im a much better drawer then that, and my names bryan by the way.

Comment

Looking forward to your next one, I'm sure it will be atleast as good as your prior work which is awesome!

A personal suggestion though, I'd skip the scorpion if I where you :P. I don't like vehicles in maps unless it's either strictly vCTF or Warfare. That's just what I think, you go ahead and do whatever you like .

Comment

Great news on your original map design , really looking forward to it...

Comment

Thanks AKwolf, its going to be a while before you get to play it though haha

you know, im not fan of vehicles eather, but this is going to be a tight map like all mo others, so it shouldnt dominate or anything.. but yeh, just and idea at the moment..

See what happens I guess, I dont like vehicles so if its not fun, it will be out..

PS THARALLALA, I said I would look at your map and tell you why it was a performance issue.. I looked at it in the editor, not sure if you know but if you go to shader complexity, you want green, red is bad.. and outside your map it is ALL red.. bad bad bad.. its the rain.. its a form of whats called "unlit transparancy" and it is bad in layers.. (viewing rain through other rain) this efectively makes it difucult to have maps with rain.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                              Thanks AKwolf, its going to be a while before you get to play it though haha

you know, im not fan of vehicles eather, but this is going to be a tight map like all mo others, so it shouldnt dominate or anything.. but yeh, just and idea at the moment..

See what happens I guess, I dont like vehicles so if its not fun, it will be out..

PS THARALLALA, I said I would look at your map and tell you why it was a performance issue.. I looked at it in the editor, not sure if you know but if you go to shader complexity, you want green, red is bad.. and outside your map it is ALL red.. bad bad bad.. its the rain.. its a form of whats called "unlit transparancy" and it is bad in layers.. (viewing rain through other rain) this efectively makes it difucult to have maps with rain.
                              Thanks alot for this! I guess optimizing my map for MSUC Phase 2 will only take a day or so now . One question though, is there a way that I can still keep the rain but eliminate the fps drop caused by it?

Cheers!

(Sorry for being offtopic)

Comment

i started the off topic, its alloud i dont care haha, lots of rain look more real but you will have to loss this effect for performance. Id hate to say this, but its unfortunitly a bad design decision. because you want heavy rain in such a learg open area.. so you will have overlaping transparancy. you just will have to reduce this, make the rain mesh bigger and use less of them, try and use as little as posible and weigh up the performance diference with visuals, but try and get that scene out of the red and into the greens.

Initialy I thought you had a dynamic sunlight, I didnt check but that would be the reason for it to be all red as well. remember green is good red is bad.

to give you an idea how bad unlit transparancy affects performance. you know how on Dreary over the ramps in the vest room there is the rain falling through the window, By standing close to that so that it fills up the screen and so that you are facing into the room, the whole room will efectively be renderd behind this transparancy!! im only useing one rain mesh, but this combined with what it has to render behind it, does drop FPS alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X