Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I totally forgot to give feedback for this FANTASTIC map. Everything about it is amazing. Even though you dumbed it down for PS3, it still looks on-par maybe even better the Epic's maps. The scale of the map is perfect and the map brings me back to my UT99 days. Seriously, Epic should hire you.

    Comment


      #62
      Been waiting for this since I first played Safeguard, looking forward to trying it out, shame about the PS3 cook but I have no doubt that it'll still look awesome. DLing now.

      Just played it, excellently remade, the attention to detail is amazing, it brings back good memories. I'll be adding this to the Custom Map server we have (PS3.)

      I'd love to see more UT99 CTF remakes from you,

      Comment


        #63
        Guys can you give a mirror link for ps3 please ?? : (

        **** file front...

        Comment


          #64
          We shal see

          Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
          I'd love to see more UT99 CTF remakes from you,
          hehe thanks, the community, "may" get one more remake.. I'm undecided.

          there are some maps I would like to consider but would need help

          CTF-Terra (i would need someone to make the mountains and magma on red side)
          CTF-Baranco (would need someone to make the mountain mesh and magma)

          I guess I could just do it like the guy who did react...

          CTF-Locustwind, this is a large map and may be a bit to much work for me ith the time i have.

          CTF- Command, Asemetrical = allot of work

          CTF-Unnamed this would a Ut3 version of a map I started back in the day after I got UT1. was a layout of my own design. I never finished it and Id rather a new layout.

          My latest Idea would be a VCTF map mapped how I feel VCTF should be. with less vehicle focus, so it would focius on on foot action 1/3 of the map but with an area between the bases where vehicles can be used, maybe a longer side route for vehicles too.

          but no plans to map right now.

          Comment


            #65
            Im also thinking about a graphical update to Coret.. whats peoples opinion on that? a waste of time? it looks ugly to me personally

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
              Im also thinking about a graphical update to Coret.. whats peoples opinion on that? a waste of time? it looks ugly to me personally
              Well, that stock map was a big deception for me to So much potential wasted...
              Anyway, I think that with all you just list, Coret-Classic is a good choice. I Personally, prefer the 2004 version


              [screenshot]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4020/shot00002gs7.jpg[/screenshot]

              Comment


                #67
                I'd really like a Lavagiant remake, if not that I think you should go with the vCTF map. It's always nice when people create vCTF maps that really work well.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                  Well, that stock map was a big deception for me to So much potential wasted...
                  Anyway, I think that with all you just list, Coret-Classic is a good choice. I Personally, prefer the 2004 version
                  yeh, I think I will do this then.. it wont be much, just a fix up the lightning and more detail here and there

                  I actully started doing this after I got the game.. but I think ill go all the way to make it much better.


                  Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                  I'd really like a Lavagiant remake, if not that I think you should go with the vCTF map. It's always nice when people create vCTF maps that really work well.
                  lava giant, outa my skill. I cant make meshes, to do it justic, you would need to make custom rock meshes.

                  hehe yip, and iv started. this is somthing ill finish over xmas though, it will actully be CTF, with just one vehicle per team, a dark walker i imagen. I dont want hoverboards on this map.. it will remain mostly on foot, indoors oriantated. close combat (what UT has always been about)

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Great news then
                    Another must for xmas

                    Comment


                      #70
                      what If I make a super high detail version for Morphious? its such and easy map to make.. just 1 building duplicated basicly. Im not a DM fan, but Iv had a bit on fun on that map in the past...

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                        what If I make a super high detail version for Morphious? its such and easy map to make.. just 1 building duplicated basicly. Im not a DM fan, but Iv had a bit on fun on that map in the past...
                        That was my favourite UT map, though I only played UT casually

                        Comment


                          #72
                          FINALLY a great UT99 remake map THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Ill check it out.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                            what If I make a super high detail version for Morphious? its such and easy map to make.. just 1 building duplicated basicly. Im not a DM fan, but Iv had a bit on fun on that map in the past...
                            It's one of the most UT remade map. A classic Don't remember how much version was remade for UT200x but IMO the best version is the 2004 stock one.

                            Today, when you look at it, it look like very basic, but...

                            At the time, even if the layout look very simple, it was innovative, the graphics where modern and sci-fi style. The map was packed with great atmosphere, great flow, great colours and low gravity movement. In all, that's not so easy to accomplish.

                            So, in the end, even if UT3 have far superior graphic engine, there isn't any stock meshes that are at least as modern today that it was at the time. Looking your last 2 CTF maps, they are gorgeous, plays very well, etc but building something from industrial/technical meshes is not the same as building from modern sci-fi meshes.

                            IMO, I don't think that you're up to it ... (lol... teasing you). You can do it but you will need to play enough with the meshes to make them look & feel somehow different from industrial/tech meshes. Perhaps, DM-Nimius by Ignotium could be a good reference Another example is DM-Shrift (UT3) by Genthly, his map as no custom content but he manage to make the stock meshes look different from the original look. His map is "alive" and there is nothing custom, it's simply amazing

                            UT99 GOTY with HQ textures (Morpheus - stock)
                            [screenshot]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/192/ut99mor1sn3.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3421/ut99mor2mf9.jpg[/screenshot]

                            UT2004 (Morpheus3 - stock)
                            [screenshot]http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3548/dmmorpheus32yq1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5906/dmmorpheus31oe1.jpg[/screenshot]

                            EDIT :

                            After writing this post, I just found this UT3 remake in the final forum : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613874
                            No offence to the author because it is my taste, but that is exactly what I don't want to see in term of meshes, I'm so bored to see these meshes... shame. Anyway, judge by yourself

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                              CTF- Command, Asemetrical = allot of work
                              CTF-Command CE3 made by [WFH]Gotcha is symetrical and still very played in UT99.
                              Or don't you want to do a remake of Brokenlimits or Gauntlet ?

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by stevelois View Post


                                It's one of the most UT remade map. A classic Don't remember how much version was remade for UT200x but IMO the best version is the 2004 stock one.

                                Today, when you look at it, it look like very basic, but...

                                At the time, even if the layout look very simple, it was innovative, the graphics where modern and sci-fi style. The map was packed with great atmosphere, great flow, great colours and low gravity movement. In all, that's not so easy to accomplish.

                                So, in the end, even if UT3 have far superior graphic engine, there isn't any stock meshes that are at least as modern today that it was at the time. Looking your last 2 CTF maps, they are gorgeous, plays very well, etc but building something from industrial/technical meshes is not the same as building from modern sci-fi meshes.

                                IMO, I don't think that you're up to it ... (lol... teasing you). You can do it but you will need to play enough with the meshes to make them look & feel somehow different from industrial/tech meshes. Perhaps, DM-Nimius by Ignotium could be a good reference Another example is DM-Shrift (UT3) by Genthly, his map as no custom content but he manage to make the stock meshes look different from the original look. His map is "alive" and there is nothing custom, it's simply amazing

                                UT99 GOTY with HQ textures (Morpheus - stock)
                                [screenshot]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/192/ut99mor1sn3.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3421/ut99mor2mf9.jpg[/screenshot]

                                UT2004 (Morpheus3 - stock)
                                [screenshot]http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3548/dmmorpheus32yq1.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5906/dmmorpheus31oe1.jpg[/screenshot]

                                EDIT :

                                After writing this post, I just found this UT3 remake in the final forum : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=613874
                                No offence to the author because it is my taste, but that is exactly what I don't want to see in term of meshes, I'm so bored to see these meshes... shame. Anyway, judge by yourself
                                I don't like the new updated one at all for UT2K4 ... it is so phoney looking when you look down and can see the buildings don't really touch the earth it really destroys the immersion, as well as the fact that all these other buildings are really not necessary in the newer version and the way the original was done you can't tell that at all, it is just done right ... plus the game play is a tad different. I still say that the original Morpheus is the best so if you are going to do a remake of this please use that one for your reference.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X