No announcement yet.

UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly enough, it has three times the polys, but I get a lot better frames than any stock map. I like the map's gameplay, but...it's just so colorless. But, then again, it is called Dreary. : P

Comment

Back in the old days (UT99) I hated CTF-Dreary at first. But then, as I played this map more frequently with my clan-mates, I started to love it. So I definitely will give this one a try later today.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
        Nice to see such an excellent remake.
        I thought I had one complaint - not being able to double-jump up to the shock rifle near the flag - but then I managed it once.

I guess my jumping skills aren't up to scratch, it certainly seemed easier to do in UT.
        Its posible, its a peice of cake for me.. hehe

Originally posted by AndrewofDoom View Post
        Oddly enough, it has three times the polys, but I get a lot better frames than any stock map.
        hmm yeah I did everyhing I know to optimize, the bigist thing was using minimal diferent meshes.

Comment

tight map only seems ok for like 1v1 ctf , it looks good, but over 9000-performance is good so it's optimized good but it doesn't look like over 9000 meshes, and it is a small map. i reckon you can make it look just as good with about 4000 mesh tbh so its possible to get more performance out of it. Its also quite dark in many places, i would suggest a better map to remake because I don't think the layout of this map is up to the level of your decorating skills.

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
            ...it looks good, but over 9000-performance is good so it's optimized good but it doesn't look like over 9000 meshes, and it is a small map. i reckon you can make it look just as good with about 4000 mesh tbh so its possible to get more performance out of it...
            Well, I was in the bunch of private testers before the final release and for what I can tell you is that the private version (just before this final one) was less beautiful in the lighting area (had no lightning effects, no rain coming through the windows and else, the atmosphere was suffering a little bit about that) and I've got a minimum of 69 fps in the center room and much more in the others rooms. Trust me, I see the difference between the 2 version (private and final). The final is much, much, much more appealing visually and he manage to boost the fps A LOT even with all the visual goodies turned on.

So I'm well placed to say that droping 1 million triangle or more is apparent.

If it was only from me, there are some items that I would visually boost even more even if the fps would probably drop a little bit. IMO, ATM getting 172 fps is totally ridiculous and that is a shame for the people that pays big money to get a high end PC and are stuck with "downgrade" version of maps just to make everybody happy with there 3 years old crappy PC. My POV is that if your PC can't handle the map, play at low quality and don't be the bottleneck for everybody else that can play the map in all is glory that she deserve.

I'm just sharing my thoughts

The community is lucky to have so much FREE talent

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post

If it was only from me, there are some items that I would visually boost even more even if the fps would probably drop a little bit. IMO, ATM getting 172 fps is totally ridiculous and that is a shame for the people that pays big money to get a high end PC and are stuck with "downgrade" version of maps just to make everybody happy with there 3 years old crappy PC. My POV is that if your PC can't handle the map, play at low quality and don't be the bottleneck for everybody else that can play the map in all is glory that she deserve.
              Well thankfully you don't make maps so people don't have to worry about being left out in the cold for not having an uber rig.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                Well thankfully you don't make maps so people don't have to worry about being left out in the cold for not having an uber rig.

lolll

My PC is a good one, but not the fastest one A 1100$ rig.

If one day I make some maps, I will ask you to test it on your "International Space WorkStation" PC And I'll make a low visual version for all the "Sputnik" PC

Comment

lol Steve the only thing you are without that I had was the moving pot, which wasnt really and eye catcher.. you got the lightning you wanted. what more do you want?

there is no need to add more detail.. I think it has plenty.. like I said epics maps have arround 2 million triangles, Hydrosis has 2 million, and it has a nice background.. I dont know if you noticed.. but my map is 3 times the ammount of triangles at 6.25 million with NO background.. the map cannot afford a background. besides. the windows are too small to actully see anything outside.

Comment

Lol i don't really care about getting more performance, I'm just trying to express how amazed I am with the performance he has in the map with over !!9000!! meshes!!!

Comment

I know how to optimize

Comment

Yeah you do, if i have problems optimizing my map (when I get to optimizing) I know who to come to..

Comment

Comes with experience but the editor stat codes are the best tool really use "stat ld" to show a readout of whats being renderd. these are what I used to see how many meshes were being ocluded/ renderd
                          also the light and shader complexity modes are great.. red is BAD green is GOOD.. these can also be tyed into the game "viewmode lightcomplecity"

there are other things such as accepting dynamic elements, these should be turned off for outside or our of reach objects.. but if you wana sourse because Optimizing can get rather complicated. there are a few other mappers I know who have tutorials online so just google search for them..evilmrfrank and DG unreal are 2 I know who have optimization tutorials.

Comment

Thanks for the info yeah I have the evilmrfrank tutorial saved

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                              lol Steve the only thing you are without that I had was the moving pot, which wasnt really and eye catcher.. you got the lightning you wanted. what more do you want?
                              Hey Bazz, I have follow your "making of" thread since the beginning so I know that the map is very detailed more than stock maps I notice the good background to don't worry I was referring to : crates, fences, some arrow. You know that anyway

I'm starting to think of changing my "stevelois" name by "EagleEyes" name lol

Comment

Excellent remake!
                                This map has put a bit of extra spark in the CTF community and we're pulling in some new players - keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                                X