UT3 Remake: CTF-Dreary3 Released [V1.1][PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    Well I just cooked the level and it didn't have any issues so I will test it later on and if all goes well PS3 gamers should be able to download this level no later than tomorrow afternoon.
    Thats Good news, lets just hope It still plays well.

Originally posted by WoLvErInE View Post
    Excellent Work!
    p.s. maybe we should get a team of mappers together and make a best UT remakes? anyone?
    I Hear the CBP team are considering a remakes pack, as they seem to be doing allot of remakes next...

Thanks for the comments everyone, Im super happy you like it.. I hope it gets arround to as many people as posible.

Did someone say they had a dream about it :-D lol

Comment

looks great downloading right now

Comment

PS3 version works but seems to suffer frame rate issues, seems PS3 cannot handle this map, so ill remove some of the meshes and provide a dumbed down version.

Comment

Its good to see this finally done I really think you have done the justice to this map that it deserves. You have made placed a high bar for me to jump over if I am to redo my remake

With this remake pack idea I would also be more than happy to contribute to it, I have been slowly trying to do this myself and am keen to get all the classic UT'99 maps into UT3 with the detail they deserve

Again great work and cheers for credit where credit due

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
            PS3 version works but seems to suffer frame rate issues, seems PS3 cannot handle this map, so ill remove some of the meshes and provide a dumbed down version.
            ****. I'm ****** the PS3 can't handle this. I wanted to see it in all of it's beauty. I'll be patiently waiting for dumbed down version.

Comment

Thanks Heaps Syphix!

In regards to the PS3 version, I just had to remove over 1000 meshes, This hopefully will not be noticed that greatly, this reduces the map from 6.25 million triangles to 5 million triangles.. this is still well above the 2 million that epics maps have, I sadly had to remove all the rain FX as well, but the lightning effects stay, Im uploading this for anuban now, so hopfully this one will be better for the PS3..

Also reduced the light map from 30MB to 25MB

A bit sad, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be able to play it.

Comment

Well can I help test the cooks? I'd still like to try the level out to see exactly how bad the frame rate is.

Comment

Thanks Heaps Syphix!

In regards to the PS3 version, I just had to remove over 1000 meshes, This hopefully will not be noticed that greatly, this reduces the map from 6.25 million triangles to 5 million triangles.. this is still well above the 2 million that epics maps have, I sadly had to remove all the rain FX as well, but the lightning effects stay, Im uploading this for anuban now, so hopfully this one will be better for the PS3..

Also reduced the light map from 30MB to 25MB

A bit sad, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be able to play it.
                  Well I would think that will help smooth out the gameplay a great deal. I cooked it and that process went perfectly so I will let you know either later tonight or early tomorrow how it fairs. I'm pretty sure that this version will be a go though.

Edit: Well this new version definitely plays smoother all around ... the only place I noticed a little slowdown when it gets hectic is the armor helmet/sniper rifle area but it wasn't anything that effects gameplay imo. I think people will be pleased with this version. So check your pm here and you'll find the PS3 link. You did a really good job on this level and lots of PS3 CTF fans are going to be very happy.

Comment

Thanks Anuban, So here it is everybody,
                    http://files.filefront.com/Dreary3PS.../fileinfo.html

Sorry that it does not have the detail of the PC version but 5 million triangles is still 3 million more then epic, I hope it still looks good to you all, but i did have to remove allot of the details, if anyone is interested into what I actually removed, this includes the nuts and bolts bracket mesh that Is seen at the bottom of all supports and the gider that is withing the supports.. easily seen in the image on the first post with the Bio gun..

Comment

I'll be getting a new laptop for uni at the End of the summer, hopefully I can get one with an 8800 so I can maps like this in their full glory.

Comment

Is it like that Dude!!!!

What more can I say aout this one, but WOW. I just finished my first out of many many more playthroughs of it and there is absolutely no room for negative critique of this map period, it plays seamless all the way through, one of those you just want to set the Score to 50 on and just Frag away, which hey I just might do come to think of it. It reminds me of the Interior Portion of CTF Hydrosis just about 3x as detailed with a hybrid mix of DM Arsenal as far as the Multi-Leveled Corridors. A vast improvement over Safeguard, which I didn't even think was possible to do considering that it is better than most of the Stock Maps (Yep I said it). All in all my friend if this is your 2nd Map, you'll be on the Epic Design Team by the 4th. Anuban UT2, I can't leave you out either buddy, you cooked a Five Star Meal with this one. Everyone reading this please give feedback on this Map, it is one of the best you'll ever see here

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by OH_THAT ROCKET@#$! View Post
                          What more can I say aout this one, but WOW. I just finished my first out of many many more playthroughs of it and there is absolutely no room for negative critique of this map period, it plays seamless all the way through, one of those you just want to set the Score to 50 on and just Frag away, which hey I just might do come to think of it. It reminds me of the Interior Portion of CTF Hydrosis just about 3x as detailed with a hybrid mix of DM Arsenal as far as the Multi-Leveled Corridors. A vast improvement over Safeguard, which I didn't even think was possible to do considering that it is better than most of the Stock Maps (Yep I said it). All in all my friend if this is your 2nd Map, you'll be on the Epic Design Team by the 4th. Anuban UT2, I can't leave you out either buddy, you cooked a Five Star Meal with this one. Everyone reading this please give feedback on this Map, it is one of the best you'll ever see here
                          Wow that has to be the best comment ever!
                          Firstly, im glad you like both my maps, im curious though have you only seen the PS3 version of Dreary3? because im my eye its really missing out compared to the PC version.
                          lol thanks again for the comment, its always uplifting to read that people are enjoying it!.
                          Thanks

Comment

nice shots.
                            I'll have a try!

Comment

thx for the ps3 version

Comment

Nice to see such an excellent remake.
                                I thought I had one complaint - not being able to double-jump up to the shock rifle near the flag - but then I managed it once.

I guess my jumping skills aren't up to scratch, it certainly seemed easier to do in UT.

Comment

Working...
                                X