• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maze

Name:Maze
    Compatibility:Should always work with UT3
    Description:This is my first map so don't expect it to be good

This isn't much of a deathmatch map as it is an obstacle course

If you have any tips or there's anything I didn't notice when I playtested please tell me
    Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?nvbklxnqgvc

Screenshots:

Which portal is it!

Obstacle 1 of my "grand" obstacle course

Obstacle 2 of my "grand" obstacle course

To install:

copy the files into MyDocuments/MyGames/UnrealTournament3/Published/CustomMaps

You may have to make the custom maps folder if you haven't made/downloaded maps before

Screenshots would be nice and also you should probably start by posting in the beta section first, to get all the bugs out you can by letting others look through it.

Comment

Pictures would help users to get a "taste" of your new map. Best of luck, and welcome into the modding community!!!...Uh, um... even though...I CAN'T mod, but that's not my fault.

I am unable to play this map because my PS3 is broken, (i know it's not for PS3) but I just wish I had a good enough PC to play UT3, then I'd be able to test out every mod/map/character...

But anyway, yeah, if you could take screenshots of your map (in game or in the editor) that would help people see what this map is like.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will add screenshots as soon as possible.

Comment

Haven't tried it yet but I take it this has invisible floors and you have to guess where to step? (judging by the screenies)

Comment

link offline

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
              Haven't tried it yet but I take it this has invisible floors and you have to guess where to step? (judging by the screenies)
              That first room is filled with a space volume, not an invisible floor.

Unless I can learn how to make my own textures(and make them completely transparent) I won't be able to do that .

Comment

link back online

Originally posted by inri View Post
                link offline
                link is back online.

I didn't know it wasn't working

Comment

woooah cool!

Comment

Transparent textures are easy mate, you just create a new material in the generic browser and then in the material editor press 1 and left click to get a variable (number) make that 0 (prob already will be) than plug it into opacity AND opacity mask. click back on the main texture box (with emissive diffuse etc. in the mat. editor) change the blendmode to translucent and voila! crystal clear material.... just apply it to whatever surface you need, Hope that helps (even if its for later projects) and best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                      Transparent textures are easy mate, you just create a new material in the generic browser and then in the material editor press 1 and left click to get a variable (number) make that 0 (prob already will be) than plug it into opacity AND opacity mask. click back on the main texture box (with emissive diffuse etc. in the mat. editor) change the blendmode to translucent and voila! crystal clear material.... just apply it to whatever surface you need, Hope that helps (even if its for later projects) and best of luck.
                      Now it's possible to make those invisible floors

Comment

There are already easy ways to make transparent floors, Try BLOCKING VOLUMES.

Comment

Originally posted by Gikon View Post
                          There are already easy ways to make transparent floors, Try BLOCKING VOLUMES.
                          That would also work.

Comment

So far I haven't seen any posts about the map itself. Is anyone downloading this map?

Comment

yup m8 i ve try it ....it very different from what i use to play habitually
                              it is a nice level in zark or insta mutator
                              good job

Comment

Working...
                              X