DM-The Edge [UPDATE V1.2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wanna know what so funny about this from my perspective:

I did not play Quake II "in it's time". I purchased Quake4 on Xbox 360, and it was okay.

Well THIS VERY WEEKEND that just passed, my buddy and I whipped out the bonus disc for Quake 4, which has a port of Quake 2 on it. (Where are my achivements RAWR... DIE MAKRON!)

We played the game co-op, and beat it like 2 days ago for the first time ever. Then we went into mulitplayer, and kept playing "The Edge".

Then I see this thread...LOL...AmAZING. I'm not a huge fan of UT3 and it's gameplay, but I would'nt mind giving this map a go. I was even considering doing a UT2004 version, even before I saw this thread.

Those dang pillars made it into UT3..>ARRGGG
    http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...s/File/80208/3

Quake live is going to own.

Comment

Added:
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620848

Great Work, keep us upto date

Comment

Thanks for the map!

Comment

nice map would be nice if it had more detail in static meshes, but pretty cool =)

Comment

this is my favourite map of all time! brilliant conversion.

found a few issues with bots though on V1.2 of the map when playing back a few demos.

1) Bot travelling through the underwater tube to get the sniper rifle got stuck for a long time under the sniper rifle area at the end of the tube.

2) Frequently bots in the main circular arena trying to walk up the stairs towards the 2 health (near the flak) seem to fall off and have to walk up repeatedly.

These are minor issues but maybe something for 1.3?

Comment

Wow looks great!!! Dling now...hopefully my computer wont mess it up =D

Comment

great work! Easily my favorite custom UT3 map ^^

Comment

wow! amazing! downloading...

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                    It's one of Remus' maps, that's all I need to know Downloading
                    Yes indeed.

Thanks Remus

I haven't been in the UT3 world for some time and you just gave me a bloody good reason to visit. Thank you.

Comment

This map is a classic, still one of my favourites. If you were ever a fan of Quake II multiplayer you need to check this one out. Download links are still good even though it's been here ages too!

Comment

Wow seeing this brings back memories. What a fun map. TY

Comment

Love this map...especially on low gravity! Just wish some servers would play this map again online!!

Comment

Unreal-playing style, is suitable for this map exactly like a Quake-playing style.

Comment

Just reading through this thread, I noticed a few weapons placement changes were made. How does the final placement compare to the original Q2 map (or can it be compared at all)? Is the placement similar to any of the good remakes in Q3, UT, UT2004?

Comment

Weapon placement is as follows:

shotgun - shock rifle
                                super shotgun (outside) - flack cannon
                                super shotgun (inside) - stinger
                                machinegun (sewer, and top of the box next to the elevator) - enforcer
                                chaingun (under the stairs) - stinger
                                rocket launcher exact location as in Quake 2
                                grenade launcher (top of the elevator) - bio rifle
                                hyperblaster exact location as in Quake 2 - Link Gun
                                Rail Gun exact location as in Quake 2 - sniper rifle

Comment

Working...
                                X