DM-The Edge [UPDATE V1.2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remus View Post
    -Replaced the stinger in the sewer and the one on the box with enforcer pickups
    i would leave the stinger in the sewers + even place a sniper rifle in the ouside arena neer the vails, its sooooo empty ther

Comment

A really great map, i remember playing this so much Saw a tournament on the television yesterday where they were playing the q4 version of this map

Comment

"Get your ass to Mars...Get your ass to Mars...Get your ass to Mars..."

Looks great.

Comment

Remus, you ROCK again! I'll never forget hundreds of hours which I've spent on this map. It was my favourite in Quake 2 BIG THX man

Comment

Just updated the download links. In addition to the changes I mentioned I've also done some improvements on the bot pathing.

Comment

ur da man ur da man

Comment

Awesome map!

Comment

Well the structure is great and very close to the original and map design is awesome. But i would like to take it from the competitive side of view.And to my mind q4 version of this map would be more benefitial if we take gameplay into account:
                  Now getting the sniper riffle is a long way to go and quite dangerous,but u actually need only shock rifle to dominate outside area so the only reason to go there is 30a,which is btw shouldnt be doubled in a good tdm map,replacing one of 30a with helmet would be a good idea. Also there is no need in inforcer on the box at all,imho it is better to leave this place clean like in q4 and q3osp version.
                  The other suggestion is to replace enforcer in the lower corridor with flack.there is nothing wrong about it,but the enforcer pickup itsself seems a bit weird,never seen it in any tourney map.Also due to the weapon balanse 2stingers are too much,it is better to have even 3 flacks rather 2stingerss because of minigun *****in,on the other hand if we replace stinger in the centre with a flack it would be too close to another one,a bit lower, which is not very good..so it is deginately smth to think about,could be some variants like removing that lower flack pickup leaving this area empty like in ospq3 ver. or maybe replacing the the other stinger pickup(under stairs) by linkgun
                  And the last thing to mention is boots. it doesnt make much sense,but it seems there is no need in them cause u can get to megahealth from the boxes or hummer jump and removing them keeps map closer to the original.
                  Would like to hear some other oppinions of making ideal weapon balanse on this great map.

Comment

Thank you, this map rocks - I remember playing it to death in Q2!

Comment

I have played this map so many times in Quake II. I must have scored frags in the tens of thousands on this one already.

Comment

Thank you Remus. I was waiting for this one a long time, even started making it by myself! Downloading right now

Comment

Quality as always, Remus Can't remember the Quake II version, but this is excellent. Layout makes for fast & fluid gameplay, attention to detail & visuals are superb.

Definitely a keeper, and as ever thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3. Have a fully-deserved five stars from me

Comment

Definitely a keeper, the bots could still use some tweaking though.

Comment

This map has to be one of the most enjoyable I've played in UT3. It's simply a classic, well worth the download!

Comment

A small update that fixes the bot pathing once and for all. Now the bots won't get stuck on the stairs anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X